Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: DVJ Plugins - tryout??? - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Will there be any plugin tryouts? With screenmarks or time restricted? Could be useful...

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 10:54 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Only if the plugin maker offers it.

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 12:22 pm
Just tried VDJ 8 free version, it's cute. But, what happened with Sonique visuals, I can't find it? It's the same with other demo video plugins I've had. Haven't tried my own Freeframe plugins, but I will. Text video effect is disaster, is it like that only for free version or...?

Posted Thu 22 May 14 @ 2:51 pm
No plugin for Sonique, SVP files are natively supported.

Posted Thu 22 May 14 @ 5:55 pm
Yes, they are... Thanks for the tips. It takes some time to figure it out. Acidspunk is still disaster, just white lines... Is it 320x240 spreaded to the whole screen, I've never seen so ugly Soniques, actually I can see pixels on screen? Never mind, it's home edition, anyway, hope it's better for LU's.

PS. Just tried FreeFrames, not working as expected... Shame. Wish you could make it better. My text scroller is acting weird, in VDJ 7 there was fantastic look of the fonts on the screen. Now, it's all smeared.

Posted Sat 24 May 14 @ 4:09 pm
Could someone cofirm me a way to use a FreeFrame plugins? If those aren't compatible, I should tell them to remove a VirtualDJ from the list of the compatible players.

Posted Wed 28 May 14 @ 11:57 am
I'll try tonight but either way their still working with 7 so they are still compatible.

Posted Wed 28 May 14 @ 12:08 pm

Posted Wed 28 May 14 @ 4:55 pm

Posted Thu 29 May 14 @ 3:13 pm
yeah,scott needs to rewrite some of those pete's and fugs.they're very promising...

Posted Thu 29 May 14 @ 3:45 pm
They were promising ten years ago... Now, they're standard for FreeFrames. Well, there's a newer version of FreeFrames, anyway, but I'm not very optimistic in this case. Guess my topic about creating plugins for VDJ is obsolete, rest them in peace ;-)

Posted Thu 29 May 14 @ 4:46 pm
no cause is very apparent that scott made a buch of transitions based on the freeframes last year,and more than likely will use that as a starting base for writing new ones.again..this is a new engine unlike vdj5 through 7.I've been knowing that all along but we need more,now and meanwhile this older plugins is were we start.then they go and lock my thread cause I bring it out in the open...meanwhile they have nothing working...but I had it all running last nite...

Posted Thu 29 May 14 @ 5:11 pm
None of my transitions are based on any free frame plugin!

Posted Thu 29 May 14 @ 5:27 pm
really? sure fooled me....

Posted Thu 29 May 14 @ 6:47 pm
Well, I'm sure I won't comment anything... Just tired of opening new e-mails... I just needed a confirmation, but if VDJ8 isn't compatible with FreeFrames, it will be erased from it's list. No big deal.

Posted Fri 30 May 14 @ 4:39 pm
Im running multiple camaras right now,only possible because the peteLivefeed automatically connects the external camara,while the vdj camara is only connecting the internal webcam.now I get multiple views...yep!

Posted Fri 30 May 14 @ 4:48 pm
I know... almost every FF plugin starts normaly on the screen, but after some tweaking it losts focus, just smearing on the screen.

Posted Sat 31 May 14 @ 2:31 am
yeah,I see that.have to shut it down and open another in another deck.then wait a while,come back to the first deck and its clear again.somekind of buffer issue...

Posted Sat 31 May 14 @ 4:54 am
I'll tell them to erase it... Just made a couple of them, working OK in VDJ 7, but VDJ 8 is a shame... It's not even finished, guys. Just take it off, it's emberassing...

Posted Sun 01 Jun 14 @ 5:17 pm
So there is an issue with freeframe plugins in v8. Why not report it in the bug forum?

Its not something I have tested personally as I don't use freeframe.

Posted Sun 01 Jun 14 @ 8:01 pm
59%