Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Virtual playing out of both sides on mixer - HELP!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have an older version of Virtual DJ - 7.0.2. I DO NOT want to upgrade at this time and need some help to remedy an emergency situation.

My other laptop with the latest Virtual has crashed and the laptop is out of service. So I am using this backup one this weekend so I need to get it working properly. Everything is okay, I just have one slight issue.

I have an AG Gigaport sound card with USB. USB obviously plugged into the Macbook Pro, and the 4 RCA cables properly running from the gigaport AG to the mixer in Channels 1 & Channels 2.

The problem is when I play either the left side player or right side player in Virtual, the audio comes out on both channels of the mixer (1&2). This is how I have it configured:

INPUTS: None
OUTPUTS: External mixer - Deck 1: Channel 1&2 / Deck 2: Channel 3&4
SOUND CARD: 4 Card Out - Gigaport AG

How do I get Deck 1 to ONLY play audio on channel 1, and Deck 2 to ONLY play audio on channel 2?

Is this a Mac settings issue?

Thanks in advance!!!

Posted Thu 03 Apr 14 @ 12:56 pm
DJ PhatsoPRO InfinityHercules Support TeamMember since 2005
Since your audio configuration looks correct, I would double check your connections between the Gigaport and the mixer.

What is your mixer brand & model?

Can you detail how everything is connected?

Posted Thu 03 Apr 14 @ 1:52 pm
I just solved it. I had the RCAs intertwined incorrectly. HOWEVER, I am using the Allen & Heath XZONES2 and it works fine. Saturday I was using the Pioneer 900 Mixer and the right Virtual Player worked, but the left side had no audio. I'll have to trouble shoot and ask the question again if it happens.

Posted Thu 03 Apr 14 @ 2:16 pm
DJ PhatsoPRO InfinityHercules Support TeamMember since 2005
Glad you figured it out.

Thing might be placed or marked differently, but in the end there isn't much differences between one mixer and the next.

Think of it as plumbing, and follow the path of the audio signal from your source (VDJ), down the pipes (your audio interface, cables, mixer) all the way to the tap (your speakers).

Posted Thu 03 Apr 14 @ 9:54 pm
Well, I jinxed it.

I am trying to hook up a Denon 4500 controller to Virtual DJ 7.0.2 Pro and I am only getting one side playing. The other side is dead - no audio. If I use the Gigaport Sound card instead of the 4500 I get both sides working, but then I don't have the controller which doesnt help me. I need the controller.

Looks like I need to figure out why I can't get one side to play. Ideas?

Posted Fri 04 Apr 14 @ 2:23 pm
Haui70PRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2008

Posted Mon 07 Apr 14 @ 8:06 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)