Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: changing hot cue functionality

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Is there any way to keep a track playing from the last hot cue called if its set to: "deck 3 hot_cue 1 play while_pressed" ? Right now it acts like its in slip mode when i release the key it jumps to where the song would have been. I'd like to be able continue playing from the last hot cue by pressing play on that deck while holding that key.

Also, Im using time code vinyl and it seemed like i was able to control the play and pause without the vinyl spinning where now it only will play when the time code is playing. I'd like it to do accept commands from both but this only happens when the vinyl runs out to the center groove. How do i set this so i can still use the play and pause buttons. thanks!

Posted Sat 29 Mar 14 @ 5:29 pm
use smart relative vinyl mode. it will be absolute until you press loop or hot cue when it will switch to relative. It means you can still needle drop to scan through the track but have the benefits of using software. And it will disable the timecode when you run out of groove, you can then place the needle anywhere on the vinyl to enable timecode again.

Also when you have a "hot_cue # while_pressed" it will jump back to the slipped position when you release by default, if you want to play from the cue just use "hot_cue #"

Posted Sun 30 Mar 14 @ 1:41 am
I can pause and play the vinyl controlled decks if the needle is touching the spinning record but i cannot start a deck with the play button alone if its not detecting the timecode unless it has run out to the center groove and i load another track without touching the needle back down.

When i use "hot_cue #" it continues playing even if i release the key. it makes finger drumming with cue points on a track very difficult. the "when_pressed" command fixes that but i'd like to have the option to let the track continue from the last cue point without holding that button for the rest of the song. In mixxx i can press play while holding that hot cue button and it will continue as usual when i let off.

Posted Sun 30 Mar 14 @ 11:59 am
that's "cue_stop", I'm pretty sure you can use different cues with it eg. "cue_stop 4". and you can't play the track if the vinyl isn't turning unless you disable timecode mode with "timecode_active".

Posted Sun 30 Mar 14 @ 12:41 pm
thanks. cue_stop does what i want until i press the next cue button. when my hot cue buttons are mapped to 'cue_stop #" they get reassigned to the stop where the last one stopped until they are all in the exact same place. Is there a way to have them hold their position and still behave they way they do with "cue_stop"? I'm trying to get this set up for finger drumming so maybe theres a better way altogether.

Posted Fri 18 Apr 14 @ 11:10 pm
isrepeat ? nothing : play ? down ? set_cue 10 & goto_cue 1 : goto_cue 10 : hot_cue 1 & delete_cue 10
or
isrepeat ? nothing : play ? down ? loop 1000 & goto_cue 1 : loop_roll : hot_cue 1

good mix

juan

Posted Tue 22 Apr 14 @ 3:25 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)