Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Is Keylock one of the issues being addressed? - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Posted Tue 18 Mar 14 @ 8:17 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
visionz5 wrote :
Or is it something we just have to wait and see when it's released?

Yes, that's true.
Also keep in mind, that whatever improvements or new features version 8 will have, those will be free (free update) ;)

Posted Tue 18 Mar 14 @ 8:25 am
visionz5 wrote :
VDJ came in last

.....but they are using very extreme settings which many DJs would never use/need, plus they didn't mention the % that VDJ "fails" in their opinion. Also it seems odd that DJTT say VDJ is worse than Traktor because AFAIK both VDJ and Traktor use Z-Plane Elastique....

Posted Tue 18 Mar 14 @ 8:33 am
It was also not mentioned if during tests, Master Tempo engine was set to Fast (default value) or Advanced (much better but more cpu eater)

Posted Tue 18 Mar 14 @ 9:01 am
Yeah, I've just tried it myself using the same track they had (which is not exactly very musical)....

I'm pretty sure they didn't set the option to "advanced". This is what happens when people who don't know the software do comparisons.

I left a comment on the DJTT page.

Posted Tue 18 Mar 14 @ 9:41 am
"Yes, that's true.
Also keep in mind, that whatever improvements or new features version 8 will have, those will be free (free update) ;)"

This seems kinda vague you guys have no problem mentioning/demo most of the new features in VDJ 8, but reluctant to even say if this was improve..... smh

Posted Wed 19 Mar 14 @ 8:55 am
Troll much ^^

Posted Wed 19 Mar 14 @ 9:09 am
The question really is:

Will Atomix continue to use the rented Z-Plane Elastique algorithm, or upgrade to Elastique Pro (as used by major DAWs) or possibly use their own (or Adions)?

Posted Wed 19 Mar 14 @ 9:19 am
groovindj wrote :
The question really is:

Will Atomix continue to use the rented Z-Plane Elastique algorithm, or upgrade to Elastique Pro (as used by major DAWs) or possibly use their own (or Adions)?

Are you talking about DJ software?
Because they look about the same (on the Z-Plane website)

Atomix VirtualDJ 7.x (élastique Efficient V2)
MixedInKey Platinum Notes (élastique Efficient V2)
MixVibes CROSS (élastique Efficient V2)
Native Instruments Traktor 2, 3 (élastique Efficient V1)

Best regards
/Klaus Mogensen

Posted Wed 19 Mar 14 @ 10:04 am
I ll try to be as clear as possible.

Q. Will version 8 have an improved Master Tempo Engine ?
A : Yes
Q : Will version be ahead of the competition ? What Engine will it use ?
A : We can not provide any technical details at this moment. You will have to wait for the release

dj wadup wrote :
"Yes, that's true.
Also keep in mind, that whatever improvements or new features version 8 will have, those will be free (free update) ;)"

This seems kinda vague you guys have no problem mentioning/demo most of the new features in VDJ 8, but reluctant to even say if this was improve..... smh

We have already mentioned in almost every Video Sneak preview that the Master Tempo is improved. There is also a demo video from Musik Messe showing the Master Tempo in action.
We have decided to provide those sneak previews to show the dj community that version 8 will bring a lot of new features and improvements. We are not going to provide any more details till release for obvious reasons.

Apparently, the results of the test for the Master Tempo as per DJTechTools, show that another software is ahead at the moment (even though the conditions of that test are not clear enough).
If this particular feature is so important to you that keeps you away from purchasing a license of VirtualDJ, then i am afraid you miss the point.
I am sure you will do your research again by version 8 release and probably you will post the same question on Serato or Traktor forums asking if their next version will have better Master Tempo engine than VirtualDJ.

Posted Wed 19 Mar 14 @ 10:05 am
My question is, who is really pitching at such extreme levels?? Why? Maybe I suck but I've been around awhile and I've never seen anyone really pitch at such extreme levels before.

I believe someone else said before but I rather have it sounding good at small changes verses extreme changes. Me personally I have no need for extreme pitch changes but then again I might just suck.......

Posted Wed 19 Mar 14 @ 10:23 am
I never adjust pitch more than +/- 2‰, so I suck too.....

Posted Wed 19 Mar 14 @ 11:47 am
Lmao 😜

Posted Wed 19 Mar 14 @ 1:24 pm
All this digital trickery is all very good and I suppose a lot of people out there don't know any different, but I try to stick to the old tech 1210 pitch parameter as I find anything outside of that sounds obscure.

Posted Wed 19 Mar 14 @ 2:24 pm
xcakidPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Charlie Wilson wrote :
All this digital trickery is all very good and I suppose a lot of people out there don't know any different, but I try to stick to the old tech 1210 pitch parameter as I find anything outside of that sounds obscure.

Ditto.

If I am playing a 4-5hr gig, I have plenty of time to go up and down the BPM range. Only exception is if I am making an open format demo mix.

Posted Wed 19 Mar 14 @ 3:44 pm
Yup me 3...........

And still no one has answered as to why extreme pitch changes are needed?? Just another thing for them to complain about without even knowing how to use it in the first place I think........

Posted Wed 19 Mar 14 @ 4:01 pm
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Very occasionally I've used the 100% pitch with keylock on, but purely as an effect, an alternative to the "brake" effect if you like. In this situation, the digital artifacts are to be expected, and frankly, the echoey digital mess that occurs at -95% is part of the effect, I rather like it. For normal mixing (+/-10% or thereabouts) it's always sounded perfectly fine to my ears...

Posted Wed 19 Mar 14 @ 5:54 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I use 0% to pitch neutral (100% range) as a effect, if I'm changing tempo's I let the old track backspin out and I start the new track in a build up at 0% and use the increment pitch to neutral, throw a few goto -8's it works a charm.
Having said all that I can hear a difference with > ± 4% even if the track is new to me. I try to avoid ± 8%

Although the breakcore/Hardcore/speedcore Dj's like to crank it up to chipmunk levels
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9siTBgJ9teI

Posted Wed 19 Mar 14 @ 7:26 pm
djtouchdan wrote :
beatbreaker1 wrote :
Yup me 3...........

And still no one has answered as to why extreme pitch changes are needed?? Just another thing for them to complain about without even knowing how to use it in the first place I think........

for the people that don't suck?? lol

Lmmfao!! Nice one Dan

So it seems that no one here really needs these extreme pitch changes, which is what I thought it was gonna end up being. So Like I said Id rather have it sounding SUPER at small pitch changes (+/- 5) then at these extreme changes.

Posted Wed 19 Mar 14 @ 10:31 pm
I do extreme pitch changes, and it works fine for me the way it is. You can not just pitch any track to extremes, you have to know which tracks can handle it. Maybe the guys that are having trouble, need to practice a little more. Master tempo is not perfect, but what is? It allows me to do some incredible mixes, and I have no problem going from 128 to 95, or anywhere in that range. You just have to be able to know your music. I also have no problems doubling or halving bpms, even though that has nothing to do with pitching. If they improve keylock, OK. However, I am able to use it as it is, and as stated, know the limitations of my tracks.

Posted Wed 19 Mar 14 @ 11:10 pm
83%