Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Ok this is crazy!!! - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

PtownDJPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Its been how long now that we've been waiting for a stable version of VDJ???

Yes, most of it runs very well, and I've not had crashes in years. but the damn video is still freezing!!! In the middle of the song i have to go into the configure window and re activate the video button in order to unlock… Its been 3 years, i thought maybe its time i get a new Macbook Pro, i loaded VDJ last night on the new machine and the video crashed within 15 minutes!!! And i wasn't even playing a video, i was using clip bank!!!

Cmon guys, can't we get our crap together and fix this???

I have friends who are running VDJ on PC's and not having this issue, i don't even want to go there, i am not a PC person. If this can't be resolved by June i will have no choice but to switch to Serato, i don't not wish this to happen either… Ive been using VDJ since 2006, and thru all the growing pains its always gotten better and better, but honestly over the last year or so it feels like nothing is being done for Mac users…

Ok, enough of my ranting, if anyone has suggestions of what to do about my freezing issue please let me know, i would greatly appreciate it…

Thank you!

Chris..

Posted Sun 02 Mar 14 @ 1:02 pm
pseftPRO InfinityMember since 2009
no one is holding you back bro...you can do what you want.

you haven't mention specs of your machine,

what o/s you have in it.

Posted Mon 03 Mar 14 @ 7:24 am
Haui70PRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2008
The actual version is the stablest version we ever had.

I only noticed crashes when using a bad plugin or broken audio/video files.

would be great when you would share with us what exact the problem was and how your setup looks like.
Esp. what kind of Mac /OS and additional DJ equipment you use.

Posted Tue 11 Mar 14 @ 3:11 am
Uh "BRO" I'm writing this because i don't want to make the switch, i have been very happy with VDJ for many years, I thought I was pretty clear in my post…

The Mac i use most has a 2.2 GHZ Intel Core i7 processor… 8 gigs of memory, an Intel HD Graphics 3000 Video card with 512 mb. I am using Lion 10.7.5

Yes i know this version is the most stable version yet… But the video side is not. I know 2 people who are experiencing the same issue, and last week i bought a brand new 15" Macbook pro and it is doing the same thing… The video will freeze and the only way to un-freeze is to go into config and press the video setting.

This not only happens randomly when i play music video, it happens when i use clip bank as well… This is not an issue with my video files.

I am not trying to be a smart ass here, i am honestly asking for help so that i don't have to make the switch to software that i do not want to use...

Posted Fri 28 Mar 14 @ 4:05 pm
I buy New MacBook Pro Retina 15,
Intel HD 4000, NVidia GeForce GT 750, 1 TB SSD ...
I buy the Machine 3 Month ago and I play Video.

I have no problems !!!

Posted Fri 28 Mar 14 @ 5:01 pm
Thats great…

What i am saying is that i know of 4 computers that have nothing to do with each other other then the fact that two of the machines are mine with video freezing issues… my two friends and i can't be the only 3 people in the world with this problem

Posted Fri 28 Mar 14 @ 5:15 pm
All i had to do is a search on video freezing and there is was… Other people are having this issue.

I found this

This is known Mac issue and i hope too it will be solved with V8.

My workaround is to create a keaybord shortcut with the action "video".
That way you will be able to disable ane enable the video output within a second!

On Monday i installed the new OSX 10 update and i believe the video side will run better?
Maybe just a placebo, but within 6h it only stuck onetime.

Sorry guys!

I do club installs and it stinks that i can't recommend this software to Mac users… Besides the freezing issues, i believe its the best software out there.

Posted Fri 28 Mar 14 @ 5:23 pm
PTowndj, I feel your pain and I am sure the new version will be better so do hang in there. I am right with ya!

One thing to try, if you haven't already done so, is to prevent your MacBook Pro from switching videos cards... If you go into "system preferences" and then to "energy saver", you will notice in the top left hand corner something that allows you to check for "automatic graphic switching". Deselect that box and see if it's any better for you. It worked for me but that's no promise it will solve your issues as well.

I hope that help. Hang in there. We are all anxiously awaiting the update, which may be out anytime.

Scott

Posted Sat 29 Mar 14 @ 9:05 am
Thank you Scott, i will try that tonight. :-)

Posted Sat 29 Mar 14 @ 6:02 pm
gkon116PRO InfinityMember since 2006

Posted Sun 30 Mar 14 @ 9:06 pm
Thanks guys, I did try it and 15 min into my set it still froze.
:-(

I hadn't even gotten to a video yet, I was running clip bank.

Posted Mon 31 Mar 14 @ 3:50 am
Haui70PRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2008
PtownDJ wrote :

The Mac i use most has a 2.2 GHZ Intel Core i7 processor… 8 gigs of memory, an Intel HD Graphics 3000 Video card with 512 mb. I am using Lion 10.7.5

http://www.virtualdj.com/products/virtualdj/index.html

PtownDJ wrote :

This is known Mac issue and i hope too it will be solved with V8.

My workaround is to create a keaybord shortcut with the action "video".
That way you will be able to disable ane enable the video output within a second!

THIS is a workaround if VDJ will freeze the video output without doing a serach or something else and so not your issue. Right?

I'm sorry, but the Intel videocard only will most the time fall into trouble with video and V7.
I hope V8 will make also these cheaper type of videocards useable.

Posted Mon 31 Mar 14 @ 4:06 am
Did you reboot after making the change on the video? That is a requirement.

Sorry, forgot to mention that.

Posted Mon 31 Mar 14 @ 7:48 am
No I didn't. Now that it's changed and I shut off my computer, we will see how it goes this weekend.

Thanks.

Posted Mon 31 Mar 14 @ 10:37 am
Well sadly to say i tried turning off the video card switching, and it froze in the first 15 min… But I'm happy to say it was fine the rest of the night so i don't know if this is working or not. As it doesn't look like VDJ 8 is coming out anytime soon if ever, I'm guessing i will have to make the switch to Serrato… That really sucks.

Posted Sat 12 Apr 14 @ 4:24 pm
Odd, they are saying the release of VDJ8 is eminent, which means "anytime".

To say you are going to Serato is kind of funny. You obviously have not visited their forums to see the problems they are having.

Oh well, to each his own... best of luck with Serato.

Posted Sun 13 Apr 14 @ 9:00 am
They've been saying VDJ 8 is coming for nearly 3 years…

I have a friend who has the exact same machine as i do and Serato works beautifully… Believe me, learning new software is not something i look forward to, but i work in a very popular very busy video bar, and i am tired of getting embarrassed by people booing when all the video screens freeze up…

I'll keep my eye out for VDJ 8, and if by some miracle it actually happens i will give it a shot…

Posted Sun 13 Apr 14 @ 2:11 pm
gkon116PRO InfinityMember since 2006
PtownDJ wrote :
They've been saying VDJ 8 is coming for nearly 3 years…

I have a friend who has the exact same machine as i do and Serato works beautifully… Believe me, learning new software is not something i look forward to, but i work in a very popular very busy video bar, and i am tired of getting embarrassed by people booing when all the video screens freeze up…

I'll keep my eye out for VDJ 8, and if by some miracle it actually happens i will give it a shot…

Chris-

Have you tried creating a separate login on your Mac where you only have VDJ playing & nothing else running to see if that works? Do you have any other programs or services running while DJ-ing?

Nick

Posted Sun 13 Apr 14 @ 3:56 pm
No i make sure everything is closed, and i never open anything else on my computer when I'm djing…

Posted Sun 13 Apr 14 @ 7:39 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
I'm a little bit confused - you say you have the Intel HD 3000 but then you're talking about graphics switching and you mention 512Mb of video memory which wouldn't be the case for the HD3000 because it has no dedicated video memory.

If you're using an HD3000 then I hate to say it but it doesn't meet our current minimum requirements for video mixing.

If not then what card are you actually using because I know a fair few people using Macs with nVidia cards doing HD video and they don't experience any freezing.

Posted Sun 13 Apr 14 @ 7:57 pm
80%