Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Larger Clipbank Plugin?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hey team,

I've been recently doing lots of ambient video (holiday effects and various other 3d videos) at my events.

VDJ's Clipbank plugin allotts for 12 videos, but I have had the need to manually cycle through more than 12 (I have had to resort to using other software means to do this).

Is there currently an extended Clipbank plugin for VDJ that allows for more than twelve videos? Looking for at a minimum 20 and maybe even up to 50 (or more!).

If not then I would love to see one created! Optionally if somebody wanted to release the C++ source code for the current clipbank plugin, I would be happy to create one myself ;)

Please let me know.

Thanks,

J

Posted Sat 14 Dec 13 @ 4:27 pm
you can create multiple instances by renaming the .dll file, if you do a google search there was a thread about it a year or so ago in the general forum. but you shouldn't really need it.

Posted Sat 14 Dec 13 @ 5:14 pm
Use the Essential Media Plugin, you'll have 48 clips in total to use.

Posted Sat 14 Dec 13 @ 6:42 pm
I'll have to go the rename .dll route. Essential Media is a bit buggy on my DJ system. Thanks for your input!

If anyone would like to release the source code for VDJ's clipbank plugin, I would be more than happy to expand it! ;)

-J

Posted Tue 24 Dec 13 @ 10:41 pm
Can you explain VDRebirth about EM ? What version ?

Posted Wed 25 Dec 13 @ 12:32 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Ever since the release of the original clipbank plugin there has always been a need for those extra slots, I was probably the first one to suggest it, I hope you are the last one to ask for them, but we've just got to wait and see what V8 comes with.

Posted Wed 25 Dec 13 @ 2:16 pm
splaoPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Essential Media works like a gem on my computer. I never had a problem. I also use clipbank and firetext with any problems.

Posted Thu 26 Dec 13 @ 4:24 pm
VJRebirth, sorry to call you VDRebirth as in VD :)

splao, why do you also use clipbank ? Just asking so I will know.

Posted Thu 26 Dec 13 @ 5:24 pm
Hey Don,

I use the Essential Media plugin with VDJ 7.4 Pro (Windows 7 Home Premium).

I'm using the trial version and it seems like intermittently when I click to add a video to the clipbank, the file dialog pops up and the application locks up..and I have to frequently CTRL+ALT+DELETE to get the application to respond.

EM definitely has a lot of potential! If it had more features I would be interested in purchasing a license.

-J

Posted Sun 29 Dec 13 @ 9:10 pm
um has anyone made mulit pages in clip bank? you just need to change the name then copy and paste it back in

clip bank2
clipbank 2.dll

and so on I have 4 pages of it all linked via mpd18

Posted Wed 26 Mar 14 @ 8:21 pm
video_fx_select "clipbank" active & video_fx & video_fx_button 1
video_fx_select "clipbank" active & video_fx & video_fx_button 2

and so on to link to clip bank.. I forget how I mapped the flip between clipbank pages clipbank1 clipbank2

Posted Wed 26 Mar 14 @ 10:31 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Yes, hence my random clipbank supports it ;)

Posted Thu 27 Mar 14 @ 3:28 am
What version of EM are using VJRebirth ? Version number given to left of plugin.

Load and save banks of 48 clips at a time. Carousel works off folders and any number of image or video files. Up to 5 folders.

Posted Thu 27 Mar 14 @ 4:16 pm
PhiDJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
guys, sorry to hack the post. Would just want to check where to get the pluggin clip banks for mac?

Posted Fri 04 Apr 14 @ 3:10 am
I'm new at Virtual DJ and would also like to know how to play a video during an audio song on a Mac. Could anyone instruct me please?

Posted Thu 17 Apr 14 @ 12:43 pm
your clip bank is sweet set up! I just made custom logos and now im waiting on linking it to audio when version 8 comes out...

Posted Tue 06 May 14 @ 11:06 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)