Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: How do you make intro voice?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello, How you people make intro voices? Like for e.g It's DJ Calvin in the mic! is there a software for it?

Posted Sun 17 Nov 13 @ 10:37 pm
Hi mate

I'm new here too. :)

I've been DJing for years, but I'm new to the world of Virtual DJ.

There are many ways to do what you want. Just one way is to use a microphone attached to your PC and record a sample of your introduction. You can record as many clips as you like and just load them onto the sample deck and play linearly (you don't want a continuous loop for an introductory remark).

If you want to go further, you can record a whole series of samples and splice them altogether to create a "jingle". Jingles are the sort of things you hear on radio shows when it says something like this between tracks...

"You're listening to DJ Cash Electra. On the DRIVE TIME MIX UP! Getting fresh on your way home!
Radio One FM. The UK's best radio station."

Or something like that. You'd have all sorts of little sound effects and dubs, edits, samples etc., playing along in the background. You can get as creative as your brain, time, and pocket will allow.

Good luck.

CE

Posted Fri 22 Nov 13 @ 11:00 am
This may be a lil late bruh. You can work with pro tools or FL Studios which offer you a wide variety of fx and more. Thats what i use.

Posted Tue 18 Feb 14 @ 9:30 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)