Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Crossfader Curves & Scripts

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

What are your settings for your crossfader curves? And why do you prefer it that way?
Does anyone have a custom setting/script they use? We discuss gear and software and other things, but there are so many options and uses of the crossfader, Last weekend i saw a guy who didnt bother using it at all...

Posted Thu 12 Sep 13 @ 12:19 pm
djrasza wrote :
Last weekend i saw a guy who didnt bother using it at all...

Add me to that list too... As I don't really scratch, I don't have any need for it.

Posted Thu 12 Sep 13 @ 12:33 pm
Me neither, I have it disabled in VDJ and also on my MC-6000.

When I learned to mix crossfaders didn't exist :)

Keith

Posted Thu 12 Sep 13 @ 12:37 pm
so what do you use? volume faders? gain? how do you deal with abrupt starts/ends of tracks...? im guessing you guys are mostly into dance/house?

Posted Thu 12 Sep 13 @ 12:45 pm
I have it set to fast cut as I don't use the crossfader, I feel you get more control using the line faders. You can sculpt your own curve by setting the vector co-ordinates at different positions of the fader with this script

crossfader_curve "0=[1,0]/0.5=[1,1]/1=[0,1]

what it means is that at the full left side deck 1 is at full but deck 2 is at 0. In the middle both are at full. on the right deck 1 is at 0 but deck 2 is at full. It would look like the "transition" image, you can add as many vector positions as you need, but you would need a lot for a smooth curve.

Posted Thu 12 Sep 13 @ 12:48 pm
I use the volume faders in conjunction with the bass / treble pods to blend the songs together.

Posted Thu 12 Sep 13 @ 12:54 pm
Ive seen that before, its a different way to fade in and out... the dj i saw on the weekend was just using start and stop... WEIRD...

Posted Thu 12 Sep 13 @ 1:07 pm
Need a little help with the scripting. When I try to create a custom curve like this:

crossfader_curve "0=[1,0]/0.5=[1,1]/1=[0,1]"

I just get syntax errors. Really need to create a bell curve.

Posted Fri 01 Nov 13 @ 10:58 am
Jason KPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I only use cut on crossfader. Up faders and eq for rest. Cut lets u do some pretty cool stuff on virtually all genres. I didn't start using it during gigs until my eighth year. Took me a while to remember to leave it in the middle after a mix. Its automatic for me to do so now.

Posted Fri 01 Nov 13 @ 6:43 pm
stuartwgibson wrote :
Need a little help with the scripting. When I try to create a custom curve like this:

crossfader_curve "0=[1,0]/0.5=[1,1]/1=[0,1]"

I just get syntax errors. Really need to create a bell curve.

looks correct to me .. should work .. did you write it exactly like that? Check the quotation marks and spaces

Can also use a visual tool: http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/2775/Crossfader_Curves.html
But you would need to upgrade to VDJ pro for plugins

Posted Sat 02 Nov 13 @ 8:47 am
How would or is it possible to set the auto-cross length in VDJ 8 similarly or exactly like it is in VDJ 7.4 (2,4,8,16 seconds)?

Posted Mon 22 Sep 14 @ 3:37 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
auto_crossfade 16000ms

Posted Mon 22 Sep 14 @ 4:57 pm
found it! set " auto_crossfade 6000ms & mix_now_nosync " in controller keyboard mapping

Posted Mon 22 Sep 14 @ 7:37 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)