Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Single Knob Filter: VST Plug-in Emulates Pioneer DJM-800 (FREE)

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

903djPRO InfinityMember since 2012
I'm fairly new to mixing and in my search for knowledge I read several posts where users felt the filter in vdj was lacking. Not really knowing what it should or shouldn't sound like I started searching for alternatives to see if I could understand the filter better and why the vdj one was lacking.

I tried qb_filter, but seemed to get some distortion that shouldn't be there. Maybe it's my laptop, my controller or my lack of knowledge, but I just didn't like the sound I was getting out of it. So my search continued.

This morning I ran across this: (Windows Only)

Single Knob Filter (SKF) : VST Plug-in Emulates Pioneer DJM-800 - FREE Windows only.

Again it may be my inexperience, but I like the effect I get with this much better than the VDJ stock filter or the qb_filter.

Turn the filter knob (slider 1) to the left for low-pass filtering and to the right for high-pass. Want to give it more edge? Turn up the resonance knob (slider 2).

Let me know what you think!

I'm off to figure out how to remap my filter knob on my MC3000!

Posted Wed 03 Jul 13 @ 10:13 am
I prefer vengence producer suite's 'philta' it's really nice sounding and the trial version is free and never runs out of time

Posted Wed 03 Jul 13 @ 11:40 am
synthet1c wrote :
I prefer vengence producer suite's 'philta' it's really nice sounding and the trial version is free and never runs out of time

Thanks synthet1c! I didn't realize there was a trial version of philta. Do you have a link for the trial? I'm only finding the XL that requires an eLicenser dongle.

Other than preferring 'philta' any comments on the one I posted?

I'm fairly new to mixing, so opinions from those who have more experience is always welcome.

Posted Wed 03 Jul 13 @ 11:45 am
Borrowed some code (from synthet1c I think) found on the forum and made an adjustment by changing the effect name

param_greater 48% ? param_smaller 52% ? effect 'Single Knob Filter by FZero' active off & effect 'Single Knob Filter by FZero' slider 1 : effect 'Single Knob Filter by FZero' active on & effect 'Single Knob Filter by FZero' slider 1 : effect 'Single Knob Filter by FZero' active on & effect 'Single Knob Filter by FZero' slider 1

Posted Wed 03 Jul 13 @ 6:07 pm
vps philta demo is here just click on 'try demo'. I still prefer it as the filter is more articulated and has a full kill. here is the mapping I use for it

effect 'VPS Philta' slider 9 40% & effect 'VPS Philta' slider 5 40% & param_smaller 49% ? effect 'VPS Philta' active on & param_multiply 200% & effect 'VPS Philta' slider 2 & effect 'VPS Philta' slider 6 0% : effect 'VPS Philta' active on & param_greater 51% ? param_add -50% & param_multiply 200% & effect 'VPS Philta' slider 6 & effect 'VPS Philta' slider 2 100% : effect 'VPS Philta' active off

Posted Thu 04 Jul 13 @ 1:21 am
synthet1c wrote :
vps philta demo is here just click on 'try demo'. I still prefer it as the filter is more articulated and has a full kill. here is the mapping I use for it

effect 'VPS Philta' slider 9 40% & effect 'VPS Philta' slider 5 40% & param_smaller 49% ? effect 'VPS Philta' active on & param_multiply 200% & effect 'VPS Philta' slider 2 & effect 'VPS Philta' slider 6 0% : effect 'VPS Philta' active on & param_greater 51% ? param_add -50% & param_multiply 200% & effect 'VPS Philta' slider 6 & effect 'VPS Philta' slider 2 100% : effect 'VPS Philta' active off

I'll check it out thanks!

On a side note do you know if there is a way to fake_filter on a skin so that when I'm using an external filter it also changes on the skin?

Posted Thu 04 Jul 13 @ 9:50 am
you need to go into the skin xml and change the mapping of it in their eg it will say something like

action="deck 1 filter"

you need to change it so it says something like

action="deck 1 effect 'effectName' slider #"

make sure when you write the effect name use apostrophe's 'single quotes'.

also if you use find and replace "ctrl + h" you could just replace every occurrence of the word filter in one hit.

** to open the skin file you need to first unzip it, then just open the XML file not the BMP **

Posted Thu 04 Jul 13 @ 9:56 am
How do i add the syntax do DJM with a plugin plz ?

Posted Sun 07 Jul 13 @ 6:24 am
hello VDJ peeps and squeaks

I am a complete nube to mapping I have a MC-3000 running obviously through VDJ i have elected to purchase the pro version so I am now running 7.4 through a mac....I cant stand the filter used by virtual DJ it sounds tinny and harsh to my ears via headphones and especially when I listen to my mixes which I record...my question is on a nube level, though I have attempted to understand this mapping thing I just need some pointers to get me moving forward. i have downloaded and installed the philta demo filter which natively downloads in Library/Audio/Plugins/VST....now for it to be(if it can be) used on the MC3000 native filter knob how is this possible??? I am familiar with the mapping section in config window but not sure how to access the philta effect.....or does this need to use the accessory knobs in the effect and (shift)sample selection area (are these the sliders people refer to in code???) Not even sure if I have explained myself clear enough....

is there a website/forum that can teach me about VST AU which sounds like it can really open up VDJ for the better...

The download of philta looks as though another window should show up with VDJ, is this correct if so how to get it to open.....

Anyhoo better get to bed early rise for work. Thank you to anyone and the many of you with experience and guidance

Cheers
muddytoes

Posted Tue 27 Aug 13 @ 8:19 am
In order for VDJ to find/use your vst the .dll file needs to be in your VirtualDJ/Plugins/SoundEffect folder.

I remapped my filter knob on my MC3000 by using the following. Single Knob Filter by FZero is the name of the filter effect. You may be able to use the same code and just change that name to match the filter your using.

param_greater 48% ? param_smaller 52% ? effect 'Single Knob Filter by FZero' active off & effect 'Single Knob Filter by FZero' slider 1 : effect 'Single Knob Filter by FZero' active on & effect 'Single Knob Filter by FZero' slider 1 : effect 'Single Knob Filter by FZero' active on & effect 'Single Knob Filter by FZero' slider 1

Posted Tue 27 Aug 13 @ 8:35 am
hey thanks for the quick reply, yep no sleep yet....i tend to say its a bit overrated in life at times...

So the .dll file I cannot find in my mac moreover nor can I find any .dll file in the philta effect download...hmmm I will continue my search for this dll file and will do a bit of cut and paste with some of the code supplied thank you for that :)

Posted Tue 27 Aug 13 @ 9:43 am
muddytoes wrote :
hey thanks for the quick reply, yep no sleep yet....i tend to say its a bit overrated in life at times...

So the .dll file I cannot find in my mac moreover nor can I find any .dll file in the philta effect download...hmmm I will continue my search for this dll file and will do a bit of cut and paste with some of the code supplied thank you for that :)

Didn't realize you were using a Mac. I don't use or have access to a Mac. This link might be of some help though.

http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Mac%20Install%20Effect.html

Posted Tue 27 Aug 13 @ 9:46 am
VST's don't run on MAC's (VST = Virtual Studio Technology)
MAC's use AU's instead. (AU = Audio Units)

Besides that, the SKF plug-in (as any other plug-in written with SynthEdit) has a serious "bug":

Do NOT EVER try to move your jogs backward (for scratching, or a backspin) while it's activated. It will FREEZE your system for sometime. VirtualDJ won't crash, but it will be unresponsive for quite some time (more than 5 secs on a i7 processor)

PS: You should always check your VST's for that issue. When you try out a new VST effect fire it up and try to scratch. If you succeed then all it's good. If not, then delete the effect. The last thing you want is in the heat of the moment to encounter this "bug" and be with an unresponsive system especially if you're in the process of mixing from one song to another...
PS2: When the issue occurs, sound WILL stutter!

Posted Wed 28 Aug 13 @ 2:22 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004

Posted Sun 01 Sep 13 @ 10:54 am
So with those there shouldn't be any reason a plugin maker couldn't give both a PC and mac version now, right??

Posted Sun 01 Sep 13 @ 4:17 pm
synthet1c wrote :

Hi synthet1c,

is VPS Philta still your preferred one?
I would like to try it. I downloaded the trial version from the website.
What should I do in order to use it in Virtual Dj 8?
Copy the "VPS philta XL.dll" or the "VPS philta XL_x64.dll" to the Soundeffect foldter of VDJ?
To use this VPS Philta I am also asked to have the eLicenserControlSetup....is it right?

What do you do in order to use it?

Thank you! :)

Posted Fri 20 Feb 15 @ 4:34 pm
Ok, I found that there is a torrent file available: Vengeance Sound Philta XL CM Edition.
It looks like it could be the demo synthet1c was talking about.
You can use it, but with some limitations.

It works well in VDJ8, just install it and copy the .dll file into the SoundEffect folder of VirtualDj.

I have just to try some mapping now and test if it is worth to use it instead of the standard filter of VDJ.
If someone more expert have some time to test it and say his opinion would be great! :)

Posted Sat 21 Feb 15 @ 4:50 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)