Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Stream Unavailable Error - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Posted Mon 05 Aug 13 @ 10:07 am

Yes, are aware of this issue this weekend, and hopefully not happening again.. We're taking steps to make sure.

The service is of course intended to be available at all times.
We had some server issues unfortunately twice in a row, but thats not indicative for the service as a whole.
We have had Netsearch running for years, and the total uptime overall is very good.

That being said, the issues with the service this weekend we are aware of, and will be fixed.
We are taking all steps to make the service as close to 100% uptime as possible, and hopefully the incident this weekend will not happen again.

And can of course understand the frustration, but we'll do our best to make sure it does not happen again.

Posted Mon 05 Aug 13 @ 1:19 pm
SOOOOO, maybe we should all be using vinyl as well. That's what propper DJs do, right? The fact is that Streaming is a way of life now. That's how most of us get our music. Even now (and I appreciate that this thread was started some time ago) I see dropouts in Content Unlimited service while I'm DJing. I have a bugger load of music on my system, but I'd be foolish to think that I have everything. This service is really handy for song requests that are a little obscure and I don't have. It would be nice if it were more reliable.

Posted Fri 20 Feb 15 @ 3:11 am
debating if the service should used on a gig is not shedding any light on the stream unavailable question why don't you take it outside cause you are in effect rendering the utility of this forum and the ? that was asked useless as well as the not available unlimited content subscription service!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted Sat 07 Mar 15 @ 2:27 am
Every time i try to play I song it says stream error and I`m like "what the hell?" and it keeps reuccuring no matter what song i try to play.

Posted Fri 01 May 15 @ 6:52 am
See the announcement in the general forum. Grooveshark (which VDJ used for Content Unlimited) has shut down.

Posted Sat 02 May 15 @ 11:44 am
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012

Posted Sat 02 May 15 @ 2:17 pm
Pops57PRO InfinityMember since 2010
I purchased tons of music for listening and Karaoke legally but like other DJ's I thought by purchasing VDJ and paying a monthly fee I would not have to worry about getting ERRORS. My system locks up every night I play now. I wish we were told your music streaming is temporary in the beginning. I do have Swift Elite and Comp U Host which do not lock up but thought i'd try VDJ because I thought I would have access to so many songs. Well now I know where we stand with you people, I'm going to cut off paying that monthly fee. I already paid for the VDJ Pro Version which is now free for those who want it. My PC is being worked on now and we thought that the Error thing was cause of something the techies removed, apparently not. All DJ' and KJ's best bet is to save their money by using the mixers we have and just purchase as much music (updating with itunes and Now CD's) as we can and let it go at that.

Posted Mon 04 May 15 @ 10:52 pm
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Pops57 wrote :
I purchased tons of music for listening and Karaoke legally but like other DJ's I thought by purchasing VDJ and paying a monthly fee I would not have to worry about getting ERRORS. My system locks up every night I play now. I wish we were told your music streaming is temporary in the beginning. I do have Swift Elite and Comp U Host which do not lock up but thought i'd try VDJ because I thought I would have access to so many songs. Well now I know where we stand with you people, I'm going to cut off paying that monthly fee. I already paid for the VDJ Pro Version which is now free for those who want it. My PC is being worked on now and we thought that the Error thing was cause of something the techies removed, apparently not. All DJ' and KJ's best bet is to save their money by using the mixers we have and just purchase as much music (updating with itunes and Now CD's) as we can and let it go at that.

I believe your system locking up is related to something besides the content unlimited service. Especially a service that was shut off. I have used CU and Netsearch without issue since I started using it. Since you can't give VDJ Pro away (according to the license agreement), I hope you will revisit and work out the locking up issue.

Posted Mon 04 May 15 @ 11:54 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)