Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Numark Ns7 Driver

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hey guys i thought i let everyone know if you did not already. Numark has released a new driver (OSX Driver v2.1.18) for the ns7.

They claim the new driver fix's random audio drop outs during sets and kernel crashes after shutting down and unplugging.

I do not think it effects if you have 10.6 snow leopard instead of 10.8 mountain lion. Should just fix the issues and better performance.

You can download the driver here http://www.numark.com/product/ns7fx on the right side of the page underneath the word DOWNLOADS.

Post here if you tested the new driver. I will be doing this shortly.

Toni

Posted Tue 18 Jun 13 @ 11:00 pm
PLEASE READ THE FULL POST ABOUT MY TEST BEFORE DOING ANYTHING WITH YOURS JUST BECAUSE IT DID NOT WORK WITH MY SET UP DOES NOT MEAN IT WILL NOT WORK WITH YOURS. EVERY SET UP AND MAC IS DIFFERENT.

MY MAC SPECS.

MID 2010 MAC BOOK PRO
OS X 10.8.4
2.53 GHz Intel Core I5
8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3

I have spent a whole week testing the new driver with the ns7 and Fx. The results were not the best. When i first open VDJ i get the "underwater" sound and have to restart it a couple of times before it will go away. I had two parties that i played for and at one of them the audio dropped out and VDJ froze for about 1 min and came back (IT DID NOT CRASH JUST FROZE) but i had to go to config then hit apply so the sound could come back again. During practice at home it did have some sound drop outs as well. I am currently going back to the old driver. With that one, i had no problems ever FOR ALMOST 2 STRAIGHT YEARS and The Ns7 and VDJ worked perfectly and a sound drop out every once in a while but it would be very rare (Nothing is perfect in the dj world). This was my test of the new driver. From my understanding, off the numark's website. The old driver (v 2.0.2) says Macintosh Driver next to the version number and the new driver OSX Driver has (v2.1.18) next to it.

Posted Mon 24 Jun 13 @ 12:40 am
Do you use version 6 or 7?

Posted Mon 24 Jun 13 @ 6:10 pm
mixinmuzik wrote :
Do you use version 6 or 7?

The latest version of VDJ V7.4

Posted Tue 25 Jun 13 @ 1:35 am
update security os lion

Posted Sun 28 Jul 13 @ 10:46 am
Hello I just brought some Numark Ns7 now im trying to set it up to my labtop but its saying that I need a drive what do I have to do please I need help

Posted Fri 06 May 16 @ 5:51 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)