Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Virtual DJ Pro won't open at all

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

pgtampaPRO InfinityMember since 2012
Just upgraded my MacBook to Mountain Lion and now Virtual DJ won't run at all. When I click it the icon bounces in the doc but won't actually launch the program. I get the startup steps like it wants to run then suddenly an Apple error screen: Virtual DJ quit unexpectedly. When I've tried to re-open I don't get as far.. it goes to the error screen without even trying to launch the software.

Any suggestions?

Posted Wed 08 May 13 @ 7:40 pm
I just got mountian lion weeks ago and have had no problems. However as of today something similar has happened, it only opens 50% the time...weird...

Posted Wed 08 May 13 @ 9:48 pm
I've tried the clean install procedures.. deleted all the files and re-installed fresh. Same issue.

Posted Thu 09 May 13 @ 5:51 pm

Posted Fri 10 May 13 @ 4:51 am
I did the total re-install, and then followed the directions on my ticket for the plist cleaner.. still getting the same results.

I am willing to reinstall the OS and start from scratch again like the computer was brand new if it get this working.

Posted Sat 11 May 13 @ 9:59 am
Before doing this, we would recommend contacting support via the above link: http://www.virtualdj.com/contact/index.html

Use the live chat facility and a member of support staff can connect to your computer (with your permission) to look at the problem directly.

Posted Sat 11 May 13 @ 2:13 pm
I just installed mountain lion on my macbook pro (early 2011 model). I just bought the hercules mk4 that comes with virtual DJ6... I installed Virtual DJ6, but when I got to open it, it quits unexpectedly everytime. The first few times it gave an error message about a skin problem but now it just goes to the "problem details and system configuration" box. I have tried reinstalling the program but it doesn't help. I have also tried a clean reinstallation of the program but I cannot find the .plist file directions say to delete, I think mountain lion has remapped all the application locations on the HD. HELP!

Posted Thu 23 May 13 @ 12:47 pm
DJ TEALPRO InfinityMember since 2013
did you get help about this? I just transferred all my apps and files to a new laptop with mountain lion,i tried to open VDJpro and it asks for serial number, when I put it in, it says skin folder can't be found, and then it quits unexpectedly. Should I delete VDJpro and reinstall? everyone has written that does not work... I need to try and fix this tonight, and VDJ help is closed.

Posted Wed 19 Jun 13 @ 5:26 pm
Haui70PRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2008
Support staff wrote :
Try performing a clean re-installation of the software: http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/How%20do%20I%20perform%20a%20clean%20re-installation%20of%20the%20software.html

NOTE: Just deleting files isn't sufficient, please follow the instructions on the above page to correctly remove the software completely and re-install it.

If you still have problems after a clean re-installation, please contact support for direct assistance: http://www.virtualdj.com/contact/index.html

If this will not work for you, please try this!

Support staff wrote :
Before doing this, we would recommend contacting support via the above link: http://www.virtualdj.com/contact/index.html

Use the live chat facility and a member of support staff can connect to your computer (with your permission) to look at the problem directly.

Posted Thu 20 Jun 13 @ 5:54 am
I sometimes get mp3 errors on files that I load in virtual. I come home and clean and fix. and it is fine for a little some time till I have to do it again. I also add to data base when this happens even though I have it set to auto add to data base. what does a plist cleaner do and will it help ??? thanks

Posted Wed 18 Sep 13 @ 9:05 pm
sorry yes I have a mac book pro

Posted Wed 18 Sep 13 @ 9:06 pm
This is most likely because you have either moved or renamed the file outside of VirtualDJ (I.e: In Finder)

Please see our FAQ pages: http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Error%20loading%20song.html

Please also don't hijack topics. This topic is about VirtualDJ not opening at all, not errors when loading certain MP3 files. If you need any more help on this subject, please open your own new topic by clicking on the pen and paper icon in the main forum topic list.

Posted Thu 19 Sep 13 @ 6:09 am
PhizzelHome userMember since 2014
My vd8 application gives me a message when i try open it "cant open app because it is damaged or incomplete i need help

Posted Mon 07 Jul 14 @ 8:56 am
virtual dj pro full opens fine and it runs well on my new mac book pro, how ever it doesnt work with my ddj ergo, it runs and works with my old mac book pro, a big 15 inch one but the ergo doesnt work with the new mac book pro and software, any ideas?

Posted Thu 27 Nov 14 @ 9:48 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
The latest OSX (mainly 10.9 but could be on 10.10 too), sometimes detect units as USB MIDI DEVICE instead of their proper Midi name, which could cause a detection issue on the MAc version of VDJ.
Please try this..
Open the Audio Midi Setup (Applications->Utilities) and then choose "Window-->Show Midi Window" from the top apple menu.
Once the Midi Studio window opens, see how the Ergo is detected. It should be named as PIONEER DDJ-ERGO
If not, double-click and edit the device name as above (case sensitive)
then open VirtualDJ8 again and see if it is detected now.

Posted Thu 27 Nov 14 @ 9:54 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)