Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: (sort of) Syphoon for PC (vMix to VDJ) - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Hi, people. I've been searching for something similar to Syphoon for Mac, so I could use it on PC. Well, I jumped on this fancy thing, vMix http://www.vmix.com.au/. I installed it and connected with VirtualDJ ( Effects > Video effects > Camera > vMix video > enable ). It allows me to put into the VDJ screen a various stuff: videos, images, photos, PowerPoint, DVD, Flash/RTMP, Xaml, titles, Colours, Virtual sets, etc. I'm still searching about this stuff, but if there's anyone who already did this, let me know.

http://i45.tinypic.com/2w5jbiv.png

Posted Thu 11 Apr 13 @ 7:56 am
Will definitely try this out when I get home tonight!! Nice find bro!!

Posted Thu 11 Apr 13 @ 12:09 pm
You already know I'll keep you bussy... ;-)

There's a simple way to put anything from your desktop to VDJ screen, let's say Milkdrop visuals or anything else. Just capture it's window and put it into the VDJ screen over the VH Screen capture driver. How? Install this thing http://www.splitmedialabs.com/download and go to VDJ: Effects > Video effects > Camera > Devices > VHScrCap. That's it.

http://i48.tinypic.com/7284xs.png

"VH Screen Capture Driver" (VHScrCap) is a DirectShow filter which emulates Video Capture card and captures screen activity. VH Screen Capture Driver is designed to be highly compatible with DirectShow capture software and is optimized to provide the best possible performance with any DirectShow-based applications. VH Screen Capture Driver is able to keep aspect ratio during resize, and follow mouse pointer when output size is less than capture area.

Posted Thu 11 Apr 13 @ 3:18 pm
You just made a lot of people happy with these links!!

Posted Thu 11 Apr 13 @ 4:35 pm
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
Agreed, thanks man, will check out this weekend!

Posted Thu 11 Apr 13 @ 7:16 pm
OK I installed the VMIX and I ran a couple of quick test. It works but I need to read a little more on how the controls work, great find!!

Next I installed the SplitMedia and got that working as well and again I'll have to read more on how to work it. Either way these are great options and I'm excited to have something for the pc side. Not exactly like Syphon but it's a dam good start!!

Thanks for posting the links and Thanks for the knowledge you share.
Huey

Posted Thu 11 Apr 13 @ 11:22 pm
Glad you like it. Got a client of mine, asked for Twitter and FB in VDJ window, but in it's original view. So, VH Screen capture driver was godsend ;-). Late version has some watermark in lower right, but I'll try to find and post here an old version without it. vMix is just cool, there are many features I'm barely thinking about (jeez, PowerPoint in VDJ screen), but who knows... Actualy, some clients were asking for that, they've had some presentations already made... but I erased it from my memory somehow ;-) There's a cool countdown placed in 'Title' section, worth to mention. Check it out.

Posted Fri 12 Apr 13 @ 9:41 am
Hmm...sounds good but not sure of its function.Is it to capture the screen? and its running as a plugin so we can place its screen over VDJ's output screen? if so,what about milkdrops? do we have to run milkdrops on another screen or Laptop and map the screen capture over that?
PS. Im running out of space on my dell's older original drive (have a 2nd installation with W7 with more space but not installed right now) so I'm hesitant in downloading more programs into this laptop until I make some space on it..so can u explain further?

Posted Sun 14 Apr 13 @ 4:39 pm
Well, it's all described up there, but I'll try to go step by step.
1. Install Winamp
2. Install VH Screen Capture driver
3. Start Winamp and go: Play > URL > linein:// and enable Milkdrop (make a small screen)
4. now Winamp is listening the sound from your PC
5. Start VH Screen Capture driver, go to Capture tab, select only 'Show frame', click on 'Select' and draw the rectangle on Milkdrop's screen to capture
6. Start VirtualDJ, play some mp3, go to Effects > Video effects > Camera > Device > VHScrCap and activate plugin
7. Milkdrop screen is presented on VDJ video screen in real time.

You can use any other plugin with camera (Firetext, Essential Media,...), too... if you want to place milkdrops on a part of VDJ video screen. Hope this was clear enough. I don't have VDJ Pro, so I can't test it on external screen, but for now, it's working flawlessly on my Dell i3 with 2 GB RAM and Intel orphan video card.

http://i49.tinypic.com/1ju92d.png

Posted Mon 15 Apr 13 @ 4:04 am
Honestly, I would rather avoid using Winamp, but XMPlay player is very hard to set to accept linein://. So, it's the easiest way... Also, don't play with it on gigs 'till you make it right at home.

Posted Mon 15 Apr 13 @ 5:38 am
dfyffePRO InfinityMember since 2003
weirdjay wrote :
Well, it's all described up there, but I'll try to go step by step.
1. Install Winamp
2. Install VH Screen Capture driver
3. Start Winamp and go: Play > URL > linein:// and enable Milkdrop (make a small screen)
4. now Winamp is listening the sound from your PC
5. Start VH Screen Capture driver, go to Capture tab, select only 'Show frame', click on 'Select' and draw the rectangle on Milkdrop's screen to capture
6. Start VirtualDJ, play some mp3, go to Effects > Video effects > Camera > Device > VHScrCap and activate plugin
7. Milkdrop screen is presented on VDJ video screen in real time.

You can use any other plugin with camera (Firetext, Essential Media,...), too... if you want to place milkdrops on a part of VDJ video screen. Hope this was clear enough. I don't have VDJ Pro, so I can't test it on external screen, but for now, it's working flawlessly on my Dell i3 with 2 GB RAM and Intel orphan video card.

http://i49.tinypic.com/1ju92d.png

I VJ at a club on fridays. I would like to do vertical scrolling of different text file (artist / song facts), in a PIP format. I am using Pangolin EM & EV that I currently use for text to screen. but I think I could incorporate VH screen capture with my setup, I cannot find any plugin that will do the job so im thinking to buy a text scroller software used with VH. Do yu think this would work or do have and suggestion to do this ?. Thanks

Posted Mon 15 Apr 13 @ 8:02 am
There's no text scroller software used with VH. VH Screen capture just shows anything you want it to show, as long as it's on your desktop. Look at my FB page over VDJ screen: http://i49.tinypic.com/sy7zfo.png
If you want to show what's in your VDJ deck, capture it and show over the VH.

Posted Mon 15 Apr 13 @ 9:01 am
dfyffePRO InfinityMember since 2003
weirdjay wrote :
There's no text scroller software used with VH. VH Screen capture just shows anything you want it to show, as long as it's on your desktop. Look at my FB page over VDJ screen: http://i49.tinypic.com/sy7zfo.png

Verify this please
1. So, if I have a scroller software running on my desktop, can i use VH to send it to Vdj video screen as an overlay ?.
2. Can the scroller software screen be out of focus (in the background) or it has to be in focus ?.

Posted Mon 15 Apr 13 @ 10:09 am
If you have a scroller software running on your desktop, you can capture it and send to VDJ screen. No, it's not an overlay, you'd better use FT or EM camera to put it on desired area on the screen. Scroller software screen should be visible on desktop, cause VH is sending what it see. Maybe you could try to capture scroller's window (see in VH's setup).

Posted Mon 15 Apr 13 @ 10:48 am
fyffed wrote :
weirdjay wrote :

Verify this please
1. So, if I have a scroller software running on my desktop, can i use VH to send it to Vdj video screen as an overlay ?.
2. Can the scroller software screen be out of focus (in the background) or it has to be in focus ?.

and then..
weirdjay wrote :
If you have a scroller software running on your desktop, you can capture it and send to VDJ screen. No, it's not an overlay, you'd better use FT or EM camera to put it on desired area on the screen. Scroller software screen should be visible on desktop, cause VH is sending what it see. Maybe you could try to capture scroller's window (see in VH's setup).

And that's exactly what I was driving at.it would have to be visable on the desktop along with VDJ? and we be running winamp,then VH,then VDJ on the same screen.thats hard on my 15 inch lappy.I do have the 17 inch but the point is I usually will run a VDJ skin that makes use of the screen size Im using...none the less this can be usefull in a "once in a while" projection and and what not...

Posted Mon 15 Apr 13 @ 8:30 pm
Well, that's what I said, it captures and shows whatever you want from your desktop. I have mentioned Milkdrops, but there can be anything. You should have at least 1600x900 and some smaller VDJ skin to make it comfortable. Of course, you can attach another monitor over VGA, play milkdrops there and capture it's screen. If you want to capture the whole desktop with your VDJ skin and show it on external screen so your audience could see it, you should use vMix's Desktop capture and enable it over your Camera plugin.

Posted Tue 16 Apr 13 @ 3:21 am
Drop the Milkdrops, let's see what vMix brings to VDJ screen over your Camera plugin:

Video: AVI, MPEG, Windows Media and Quick Time
Audio: MP3 and Wav
Image: JPEG, BMP and PNG (even transparent ones)
Photos: Slideshow from all pictures in the folder
PowerPoint: PowerPoint presentations
DVD: from drive or DVD folder
Capture: from camera or screen
Desktop capture: you'll need vMix Desktop capture driver
Audio input: from devices (mic, rec. playback,...)
Flash/RTMP: Flash stuff
Xaml: animations created through Ms Expression Blend. Very cool stuff, animated headlines and tickers, Scoreboards :-), multiview screens...
Video delay: well, that's it...
Title: Interesting lower thirds with countdowns
Colour: colours for background and option for transparency
List: support for video, audio and Playlists (M3U)
Virtual set: virtual studios
RTSP: wharever it is...

Posted Tue 16 Apr 13 @ 6:06 am
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
I've checked this software requirements and most laptops will be able to easily handle it ....But I guess its just some HD operations that might present a problem.

Minimum System Requirements
Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8 based system
2Ghz Dual-Core Processor
1GB Memory
Direct3D 10 Compatible Video Card. Modern dedicated graphics card required for HD Cameras.
1GB Free Disk Space

Recommended System Requirements
The following system supports three live HD sources output to a secondary screen while recording at 1080p 30fps
Windows 7 Professional
Intel Core i5 Processor
GigaByte motherboard with 1x PCI-Express x16 and 3x PCI-Express x1
NVIDIA 250/450 GTS 1GB Graphics Card
3x Blackmagic Design Intensity Pro
4GB DDR3 Memory
7200RPM Hard Drive

Graphics Hardware
NVIDIA 240 GT or above recommended

Posted Tue 16 Apr 13 @ 10:20 am
how can i use vmix with virtual dj....basically how can i video mix and also display our twitter and facebook feeds, adverts popping up

Posted Wed 08 Jul 15 @ 5:54 am
You're a home user, why would you display that stuff if you haven't bought VDJ? If I'm wrong, why don't you read everything from the beginning and make it happen?

Posted Thu 09 Jul 15 @ 5:48 pm
91%