Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Quartz Compositions (feature request).......

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I'd like to be able to play these with the clip bank on the Mac side or be able to place them on the decks preview window for tracks that don't have a video. There are alot of cool ones out there and the visual plugin we have now is pretty played out......

Hopefully this is a possibility in the future.

Posted Sun 03 Mar 13 @ 6:30 pm
Just wondering if anything is going on with QC's?

Posted Sun 09 Jun 13 @ 7:46 pm
Bump, I have a lot qtz files that'd I'd love to use with VDJ.......

Posted Mon 26 Aug 13 @ 7:42 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
I have a beta plugin for QC support :)

Posted Mon 26 Aug 13 @ 1:22 pm
Bumping this back up as it would be great to have.........

Posted Sun 15 Sep 13 @ 9:37 pm
This would take care of the missing effects such as Twitter, Instagram and Facebook feeds for the Mac. Also since the Mac side doesn't have anything like Milkdrop this would take care of not having that as well because I could just bring something in using a Qtz file............

Supporting this would clearly help you because then you wouldn't have to make a plugin for all these different things.

Posted Tue 28 Apr 15 @ 6:50 am
This us probably gonna be the last time I bring this up since its still not part of VDJ after all this time.

I thought or I was told it would be part of VDJ some time ago and yet here we are waiting......

I know ill loose a ton if I make the switch to SDJ but at the same time ill gain a ton of features that I've come to depend on.

The fact that this (qtz file supoort) and syphon aren't built in to VDJ really has me questioning what is going on here?? We are the only major software who still doesn't supoort these natively along with post fader fx's, why??

I'm sure some here would be fine with my leaving this software but that's not what I really want to do.

If were not gonna supoort the mac side fully just tell me so I can quit bring up year old threads and move over to SDJ fully.

Posted Thu 20 Aug 15 @ 5:01 pm
Native Syphon support would just probably be in plugin form anyway, so no real benefit there apart from you not having to install it. There are actually benefits to it not being shipped by default, but I'm not going to go into that here.

Inbuilt support for Quartz Compositions is indeed something that would be useful for Mac users.

Posted Thu 20 Aug 15 @ 5:33 pm
So your saying I should just move on because you kinda side stepped the whole question there.......

Posted Thu 20 Aug 15 @ 7:52 pm
You know full well we never announce what features we are adding and when :p

Posted Fri 21 Aug 15 @ 12:55 am
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
just round the corner, eh?

Posted Sat 22 Aug 15 @ 11:49 pm
Quartz Compositions?? In some cases you could try the original program the files were intended to run on and feed an audio signal from your audio mixer back to line-in on your soundcard and point the QC program to 'listen' to that for sound-to-light??

Posted Fri 28 Aug 15 @ 1:53 pm
That doesn't help when using Twitter, Instagram or Facebook quartz files.......

That doesn't help when using a reverse syphon.........

There's a ton of reasons as to why this should be supported other then visuals.........

Hopefully something in this area changes soon........

Posted Fri 28 Aug 15 @ 3:12 pm
Still paying for a QTZ file monthly that I can't use with VDJ............ Adding support for these would make life so much easier, this is a win win for both Atomix and people like me. I just don't get it...........

Ill come back and ask again in another couple months.

Posted Fri 13 Nov 15 @ 8:40 pm
Any word or updates on this feature???

Posted Fri 20 May 16 @ 8:47 pm
Not yet I'm afraid, I've had my hands full with some other stuff but I'm very much aware and want to get it done.

Posted Fri 20 May 16 @ 11:32 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)