Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: No sound with Pioneer DDJ WeGo

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi,

I've recently bought the Pioneer DDJ WeGo with Virtual DJ LE included. I installed everything, but it seems impossible for me to create any sound with the Virtual DJ application. Sometimes I get a Direct X error on startup, but even if it starts, there is no sound. All the controls are working. When I press a button on my WeGo, it correspondently moves on my screen. How can I get the right settings for my sound card etc?

PS Tried to record a part with Virtual DJ... when i play that in Media Player, it works.... But how can I get the sound directly through my normal sound card to my speakers?

Posted Wed 09 Jan 13 @ 11:03 am
Some additional information:
It is not possible to select two sound cards, as I showed in the attached screenshot. When I click on apply and OK en go back to the config screen, only the Pioneer sound card is used again...

Posted Wed 09 Jan 13 @ 3:12 pm
The WeGO has onboard sound.

When you connect the WeGO to your system, the WeGO becomes the sound card. Sound is sent from VDJ to the WeGO.

To hear that sound, you connect speakers to the output of the WeGO - not your computer.

Posted Thu 10 Jan 13 @ 3:21 am
VirtualDJ LE is free limited software. The version included with controllers that have their own built-in sound card does not allow other sound cards to be used (Except simple output (No headphone pre-listening) via your computer's built-in sound card for emergency use.)

If you wish to output the sound through your computer's own speakers, please see http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/VirtualDJ%20LE%20sound%20through%20computer%20speakers.html

If you wish to be able to use other sound cards, advanced sound configuration and much, much more, then you will need to upgrade to the full VirtualDJ Professional: http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html

Posted Thu 10 Jan 13 @ 5:07 am
Okay thanks for the information. However, it doesn't answer why the changes are discarded after I press apply and close the config-screen. Even when I choose for 'single output' and 'simple', there is no sound.

Thanks in advance!

Posted Sun 13 Jan 13 @ 11:08 am
You shouldn't be getting a directx error because you should be using the ASIO drivers supplied with the WeGO.

The correct sound settings to use are detailed on page 10 of the WeGO manual.

Posted Sun 13 Jan 13 @ 11:37 am
groovindj wrote :
You shouldn't be getting a directx error because you should be using the ASIO drivers supplied with the WeGO.

The correct sound settings to use are detailed on page 10 of the WeGO manual.

Thank you for your response. I'm not getting any error anymore now, but the config-menu simply doesn't save the changes I make.

Posted Sun 13 Jan 13 @ 11:39 am
VirtualDJ LE, VirtualDJ Console Edition and VirtualDJ Lite is limited software and does not support outputting sound directly through your computer's own built-in sound card with headphone pre-listening. It is designed to work with the sound card built into the console/MIDI controller only. For more flexible sound configuration options and much, much more, you will need to upgrade to the full VirtualDJ Professional at a discount.

Alternatively, connect a suitable cable (2x RCA to 3.5" headphone jack) from the master output of the console to the line input of your computer. The sound will then come out through the computer's speakers (If not, go to your sound card's mixer/control panel and ensure that the line input is not muted and the volume is set to an appropriate level.)

That's pretty crap. I'm not even going to waste my time with this now. If you make it too much of a pain to even try with, I'll look for some different software. I wonder if the Traktor Trial is any better?

Posted Mon 07 Apr 14 @ 7:52 am
colonelmattyman wrote :
That's pretty crap

Why's that? The LE version supplied with your WeGO is fully functional with the WeGO.

You bought the WeGO. It has a built in audio interface. The whole idea is that you use the WeGO interface to cue and play, using a sound system connected to the WeGO master output. That's the way the product works, because most DJs would not want to use laptop speakers (they sound awful for starters).

I don't understand how a fully functional LE version is "too much of a pain to even try with".

Posted Mon 07 Apr 14 @ 8:24 am
hey I have installed all the required drivers for the wego, when I plug speakers in the output of the wego I am still not able to hear sound through my speakers, the headphones work though. please help.
Using virtual DJ LE
Windows 7
Pioneer ddj wego

Posted Tue 19 Aug 14 @ 2:55 am
The wego main output needs to be connected to an amplifier or self powered speakers the wego doesn't have a built in amp

Posted Fri 22 Aug 14 @ 7:20 am
This is annoying. I have 2 different sets of speakers with a sub woofer and they don't have RCA cables so I can't even use this product at all. That's worthless. Now I have to go out and buy a specific kind of speakers that have RCA cables and are compatible?

Posted Mon 11 May 15 @ 7:20 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I see words and a question mark but no actual question.

Posted Mon 11 May 15 @ 7:32 pm
We're having the same problem too :(

controller is WeGO2, operating on the built-in Virtual DJ LE on Windows 8.1

everything is fine except that we can't get the sound to play on the laptop. When we put the headphones to the controller, that's the only time when the sound is heard

Posted Tue 09 Jun 15 @ 10:27 am
Then it's working as designed. Hardware such as the WeGO have audio interfaces built in so that you no longer require the consumer grade sound from your laptop.

The intention is to use the built in audio interface of the WeGO (when plugged in to your computer it acts as controller and audio interface).

Use the master output of the WeGO to feed your speakers.

Posted Tue 09 Jun 15 @ 4:02 pm
my problem is slightly different. I just changed my laptop to a Windows 8 one. Ever since I installed VDJ onto it, I get no sound from my DDJ-WeGo. I have the ASIO drivers installed and the output is set for ASIO. VDJ runs perfectly well but I get no sound from the earphones plugged into the WeGo. The earphones work as I have tried them via the laptop running VDJ. I tried my old setup on my Windows 7 laptop just in case it was a hardware issue & everything works fine. There appears to be a problem with VDJ routing the audio to the WeGo. Anyone got any idea's on how to resolve?

Posted Thu 25 Jun 15 @ 11:43 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Re-install the WeGO ASIO drivers . Better make sure the WeGO audio interface is not pre-selected as Default Audio device from Windows.Restart your computer.
If still not working, please post a screenshot of your VirtualDJ Audio config.

Posted Thu 25 Jun 15 @ 4:21 pm
Hi every thing I have tried for my DDJ wego G but nothing has made my rca output is run do you have any advise

Posted Fri 05 May 17 @ 4:20 am
QuirkieHome userMember since 2017
Hi,

I'm not great with technology/computing, etc but can follow simple instructions or examples.

My wego 2 was working fine until we updated to windows 10 and downloaded virtual dj Pro

The headphones aren't working correctly although we can hear the sounds through them, we can either hear both tracked through them or just one, we are unable to listen to the one we wish to cue to play next as is usual for controllers.
I have installed ASIO but it is not showing as an option in my dj configuration.

Please help.

Posted Mon 21 Aug 17 @ 2:03 pm
....and your VDJ audio config is?

Please post a screen shot.

Posted Mon 21 Aug 17 @ 2:05 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)