Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Virtual DJ Audio Output Goes All Static in the middle of a song!!! Pleeeease Helllllp!!!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

bgottiPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I have been an avid VDJ user for years.....

A number of years ago I had a gig where at the end of the night, my very last song was playing when all of a sudden the audio coming thru the speakers went to alll static.....I thought nothing of it since I was on an old PC.....and a friend told me that he was having the same issue, so what we would do is open a new session a few hours into the show.....and everything was ok.......problem is, you can't do that when using a controller!!

However now, I've recently been having the same problem, this time on a MacBook Pro (most recent edition of Snow Leopard). I thought the problem was my mixtrack pro so I took it back. I picked up a Denon MC6000 and started having the same problem......so I deleted VDJ and re-downloaded it. I didn't have any problems until last night when playing my first song, the audio output went all static again!!

As back up I have a Y-Cord coming out of the headphone jack that I run into the amp itself that I have used when this has happened and then everything is ok, so it seems to me it has something to do with the audio output when using a controller and not the audio output of my computer.

Again, the problem is that a song will be playing and then all of a sudden there will be a huge burst of horrible static that takes over the audio output, the song will continue to play on my interface, but there is only static coming out of my speakers......this does NOT happen when I don't use a controller and instead feed the audio out of my laptop to a amp/speaker using a Y-Cord coming out of the headphone jack.

Please help, this looks very unprofessional and it's so embarassing when this happens.....if I Don't get this issue resolved this week I'm going back to Serato!!!!.......I've never had this problem with them

Posted Sun 06 Jan 13 @ 9:40 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)