Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: how to connect CDJ 2000 nexus to Virtual dj pro full?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

anhphaHome userMember since 2012
hi,

Im using pair of cdj 2000 nexus and djm 900 nexus, how can i connect cdj 2000 nexus to virtual dj pro full??? thanks

Posted Sun 23 Dec 12 @ 5:16 pm
I'd suggest using cables.

Posted Sun 23 Dec 12 @ 5:17 pm
jakovskiPRO InfinityStaffMember since 2006
You probably using an old version of Virtual DJ. lease register your serial number and redownload the latest Professional Full version which has full native support for these devices.

Greets, Heiko

Posted Mon 24 Dec 12 @ 12:02 am
J-SnipPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I am bumping this thread because I have started using these units on Tuesday nights and last night was a disaster!! :(

New MBP bootcamp Win 7 64-bit VDJ 7.4 8GB of Ram and 512MB Nvidia Ram.
2 USB (3.0?) Ports
1 Thunderbolt (use this for video - HDMI)
1 Firewire

I ran the Pioneer CDJ 2000's through a POWERED hub.
ISSUES
1) The deck functions were reversed (left CDJ was controlling right deck of VDJ - Right CDJ was controlling left deck of VDJ) - I solved this by swapping the ports .. weird but don't think I would have had to do that.

2) For a performance stage show I had to play CDs that the performers gave. After doing this for a while I dragged a video onto one of the decks and the video did not load. At that point VDJ froze. I had to alt, ctrl, delete and kill it via task manager. When I relaunched VDJ the gui was not right...there was no Config or anything. When I pulled the USB cable/Hub Config came back and the GUI looked normal. Shut down..reboot, put USB of CDJs back in...VDJ loads ... cannot find sound cards! Eventually I got it up don't know how but then again before the show ended it froze again and I could not get it back up. I gave up and used the WeGO.

Would really love to use the CDJ 2000's but is there some known issue with the units that cause these issues I described above when the units are taken out of Link mode to use with VDJ?

A Separate issue I had was with video...went from Thunderbolt port to HDMI to plug into the club's HDMI box. The video was splotchy. You could see the different tones. It was NOT crystal clear...looked like crap to be honest. I had the same settings on the NVidia card as the club had on their card...their videos were clear but mine was not.

Posted Wed 02 Apr 14 @ 5:41 pm
Issue one will depend on which order Windows recognised your devices.

To solve this easily plug them in left first and then right second.

Sadly i'm no expert with USB powered hubs etc so i'll leave that for someone else.

Video - is your driver up-to-date on the Windows side??

Posted Wed 02 Apr 14 @ 6:06 pm
JayMSY wrote :

1) The deck functions were reversed (left CDJ was controlling right deck of VDJ - Right CDJ was controlling left deck of VDJ) - I solved this by swapping the ports .. weird but don't think I would have had to do that.

Pressing the EJECT button on the CDJ's would cure this issue.
JayMSY wrote :

2) For a performance stage show I had to play CDs that the performers gave. After doing this for a while I dragged a video onto one of the decks and the video did not load. At that point VDJ froze. I had to alt, ctrl, delete and kill it via task manager. When I relaunched VDJ the gui was not right...there was no Config or anything. When I pulled the USB cable/Hub Config came back and the GUI looked normal. Shut down..reboot, put USB of CDJs back in...VDJ loads ... cannot find sound cards! Eventually I got it up don't know how but then again before the show ended it froze again and I could not get it back up. I gave up and used the WeGO.

You really should provide more details about these issues. However, pulling a USB cable (or an entire USB hub) out of a system when software tries to read the devices is NO GOOD.

Posted Wed 02 Apr 14 @ 8:32 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
JayMSY wrote :

Pressing the EJECT button on the CDJ's would cure this issue.
JayMSY wrote :

You really should provide more details about these issues. However, pulling a USB cable (or an entire USB hub) out of a system when software tries to read the devices is NO GOOD.

Phantom...not sure I could give more details for #2 besides of what I said but I will try but keep in mind what I already wrote...

I had the CDJs USB into a PoWERED hub then the hub into one of the 2 USB ports. The external drive was plugged directly into the computer.

During the stage show when using the CDJs with CDs (the stage show was over 1 hour) after a few numbers I dragged and dropped a music video to play after the show. The video waveform (yes previously analyzed...all files are before I play) did not load. The software hung then a pop up appeared about it so I told it to end the program. When I restarted VDJ the GUI was blank...as in no controls, no config button...the program hung up...this happened multiple times. One time I alt Ctrl delete to kill the process via task manager. Another time I pulled the USB hub from the computer...WHEN I did that the GUI was normal and config button appeared top right where it normally is.

I remember a time when I booted the laptop and loaded VDJ it was the sound card settings were gone and the mappers of the CDJs did not even load.

Everything was working fine (minus the video issues on the clubs monitors) up until the show when I had to use the CDJs for CDs.

I hope that helps a little bit. So what I am after is ... Is there a way to use the CDJs with CDs for an hour + then re-engage link (sound card, hid) to go back to using VDJ like normal? Remember this happening with Mac bootcamp win 7 64 bit.

The previous Tuesday with my Original laptop XP and 7.2 VDJ I did not have this issue.

Posted Wed 02 Apr 14 @ 11:02 pm
Disable all power saving from your computer.
Most likely your computer suspended the power on the USB ports.

Posted Thu 03 Apr 14 @ 1:58 am
PhantomDeejay wrote :
Disable all power saving from your computer.
Most likely your computer suspended the power on the USB ports.

That was one of the first things I did Thursday when configuring Windows 7. However, thinking back to that...i did not have the hub plugged up when i disabled power on the ports in Device Manager so maybe I need to plug the hub in then check device manager?

Since I am running bootcamp is there somewhere on the Mac OS side I need to set it as well?

Just so I can double check can you tell me where specifically to suspend the powerin USB ports?

Posted Thu 03 Apr 14 @ 7:47 am
I have verified that ALL Generic USB Hub (4), USB 2.0 Hub (2), and USB Root Hub (2) under "Universal Serial Bus Controller" Power Management allowing the computer to turn off..IS DISABLED.

I remember Cyder's post http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/182934/General_Discussion/Read_This_before_you_update_to_Windows_8_1.html?page=1 regarding the Intel(R) USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller. I DO have this controller listed but, again, I am on Win 7 64-bit.

There is also a Intel(R) USB 3.0 Root Hub listed when I right-click on it and select properties there is NO Power Managemant tab.

With all this said and done...could it be the Pioneer CDJ 2000 Nexus' need firmware updated?? I'm sure this new club just opened the boxes, installed the decks, audio cables into mixer, and that was it.

Posted Thu 03 Apr 14 @ 3:10 pm
nav143Home userMember since 2015
Could someone give me a step by step simple walkthrough on how to connect a pair of CDJ Nexus 2000s to VDJ8 Full Pro Infinity. I'd only want to use the laptop as a library and to see the waveforms of the track. Would i need to connect the mixer too? It is a DJM 900

Posted Tue 11 Jul 17 @ 7:02 pm
You'll need a Pro licence or subscription first.

Posted Tue 11 Jul 17 @ 7:14 pm
If you've got a pair of CDJ-2000s surely you'd be better off using Rekordbox.

It's free and it's designed for the job.

Posted Tue 11 Jul 17 @ 8:56 pm
nav143 wrote :
Could someone give me a step by step simple walkthrough on how to connect a pair of CDJ Nexus 2000s to VDJ8 Full Pro Infinity. I'd only want to use the laptop as a library and to see the waveforms of the track. Would i need to connect the mixer too? It is a DJM 900

Posted Tue 11 Jul 17 @ 8:59 pm
BTW: With DJM-900 it's possible to connect the mixer as well via USB on your laptop in order to use it as a sound interface.

Posted Tue 11 Jul 17 @ 9:13 pm
Bootcamp... ya would have more luck using your Mac OS... the one fail with bootcamp is drivers sometimes do not cross formats.

Posted Thu 28 Jun 18 @ 1:01 am
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Replying to a post from 4 years ago is wasting everybody's time.

Posted Thu 28 Jun 18 @ 1:29 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)