Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VMS4.1 Problems - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

bdacidLE userMember since 2013
Hi i have recently perchased a vsm4.1 the mixer is working fine but when i record i get both channels coming threw i'm using a laptop and channels 2+3 which sound fine in live play but when i listen back to recording you can hear everything on both channels please help

Posted Fri 20 Dec 13 @ 3:24 am

Posted Fri 20 Dec 13 @ 4:43 am
JOHN187PRO InfinityMember since 2012
I have a VMS4.1 and its about an year old. I've have bought 3 different wireless Shure mics. And they all seem to fade in and out or I get an awful sound through them and the MIC lights on the VMS4.1 flash at times. I'm pretty sure it's the VMS4. It doesn't do it on my VMS2 system. There's something up with these MIC connections on this VMS4.1. Any help would be great. Is there a fix? Or do I buy another and hope for the best.

Posted Fri 09 Jan 15 @ 12:11 am
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
I own 2 VMS4.1 myself and i have are no general issues with the mic connections. So i am afraid it seems to be your controller cause your MicĀ“s work flawless on VMS2.
Do you use the VMS 4.1 USB powered or with the external power supply ?

Posted Fri 09 Jan 15 @ 1:11 am
JOHN187PRO InfinityMember since 2012
With the power supply. I love the controller but the MIC issue is a problem. It inner fears with the vms4.1 out put if the MIC power buttons are on on the vms4.1. So I leave them off unless I have to use them. I have read about maybe a bad ground. Caused like I mentioned the MIC lights get dim some time.

Posted Fri 09 Jan 15 @ 1:51 am
sure it is 4.1 ?
I know VMS 4 had issues like that....

Posted Fri 09 Jan 15 @ 2:18 am
@john187 you should report this to American Audio, either on their forum or by contacting them directly. See what they have to say.

Had the VMS4.1 always had this issue or has it only developed recently?

I actually had an American Audio rep come to my house with a replacement VMS4 (the first version) because I'd complained about a bunch of faults. The replacement unit he wanted to give me had the mic sockets wired incorrectly! Each input was wired to the controls for the other input.

Posted Fri 09 Jan 15 @ 6:15 am
Not sure why but recently I've been having trouble with my mic not working. My settings are configured for the mic input and usually it works fine but for some reason lately it just wont work. Can someone offer any suggestions?

Posted Sat 09 May 15 @ 11:46 am
Mic does not need to be configured. it is hardware based on the VMS

Posted Tue 12 May 15 @ 2:10 am
keki_djPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I been using vms4.1 for over a year without a problem but in my last gig the mic was making a static type noise every time I depress any of the mic bottoms. I try different mic it was the same. Then I depress the mic bottom without mic plug in and this noise ( static like ) was present. any suggestion for this issue??? please help.....

Posted Sun 03 Dec 17 @ 4:31 pm
keki_dj wrote :
I been using vms4.1 for over a year without a problem but in my last gig the mic was making a static type noise every time I depress any of the mic bottoms. I try different mic it was the same. Then I depress the mic bottom without mic plug in and this noise ( static like ) was present. any suggestion for this issue??? please help.....

try to clean the connector sounds like bad grounding or just a bad connection .... may have to replace unit.

also the mic volume/gain knob could be getting dirty inside.

Posted Sun 03 Dec 17 @ 5:17 pm
quen1LE userMember since 2011
My VMS4 controller has no sound coming from the headphones. I sent it to be serviced, slider 2 and 4 where replaced because they were faulty - no I have no headphone sound. Also no master sound at all. I've tried using the original VDJ LE 6, 7 and Infinity but no luck. What could be causing this? The controller worked just fine just before the service. Also my mic channels don't work at all but I can't find the replacement parts because I'm in South Africa.

Posted Sun 23 Dec 18 @ 9:48 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)