Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Transferring database information (cue points, bpm etc) to other devices

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hey guys,

I just recently got into DJing and while I'm getting better every day, I still have some questions about the technical stuff of Virtual DJ. One of these questions is what leads me here today. I'll be playing at a friends home party this weekend, but it's more of an informal thing, as in I won't be bringing my computer there with all my tracks on it. The only thing I'm gonna bring will be a USB device with enough tracks on it to keep me going one or two hours. Since the host of the party has VDJ on his computer, I've got the most important things covered.

So far, so good. The only thing I'm wondering about is where VDJ is storing the track information. It would be really great if the tracks I'll be putting on the USB stick were still having all their information, like BPM and especially the cue points, on them.

So, how can I not only transfer the tracks to an external device (and another computer), but my cue points etc as well? Is there any way to do this? I don't really want to set the cues all over again.

Looking forward to your answers, guys and thanks in advance!

Posted Wed 21 Nov 12 @ 5:40 am
Yeah, thats just what I needed. Thanks!

Posted Wed 21 Nov 12 @ 8:54 am
If you are using external USB drives (Hard disk, pen drive, etc.) then VirtualDJ will store its database locally for all music on that drive, so your cue points, comments, BPM, etc. will be available if you plug it into another computer running the same or later version of VirtualDJ.

Posted Wed 21 Nov 12 @ 9:30 am
Please I am going to play from a pen drive. how can I get all my cue points from my computer onto the pen drive. very urgent

Posted Fri 28 Apr 17 @ 6:03 am
Put drive in computer, select the tracks you want (highlight them) right click, file operations, move files. Then select the pen drive and move them. It will copy all the information for the track with it.

Posted Fri 28 Apr 17 @ 7:21 am
user15090466 wrote :
Please I am going to play from a pen drive

On what?

If you're going to be using a hardware media player (Pioneer CDJ-2000 etc) then your VDJ cue points won't be any use. The media player won't read them.

Posted Fri 28 Apr 17 @ 6:02 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)