Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Soundcard problem with Numark N4 controller

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

ADJ 78PRO InfinityMember since 2012
Getting the following message when i try to work as normal using my laptop with my N4:

"Error in the sound driver (DirectX/WDM): Your soundcard is not connected or the settings are incorrect".

Any suggestions on the fault & how to rectify please?

Posted Sun 16 Sep 12 @ 10:14 am

Posted Sun 16 Sep 12 @ 10:54 am
ADJ 78PRO InfinityMember since 2012
Support staff wrote :
This means that it's sound card is not configured correctly.

Please see: http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/N4.html

Also, DirectX/WDM means that you are using a Windows PC (Or perhaps a Mac with Windows running via bootcamp?) - For PC related problems, please ask in the correct forum PC technical support: http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/20/PC_Version_Technical_Support.html

Ok, thanks for the quick reply. Yeah it's a laptop with Windows XP. I've altered the settings as you advise , now it seems to be working correctly.

I'll see if it all works fine as before next time i'm at work (Monday night).
I've updated my back up CD's just in case.

Thanks for your help.

Posted Sun 16 Sep 12 @ 11:13 am
hello, having problem with my n4 since yesterday..everthing was ok 5 days ago since the last time i used it. no audio is coming out ( on RCA's and headphones ) volume indicator light is not is moving. few minutes after i connect the unit on my laptop a click sound comes out from the speakers ( through RCA ) and headphones ..tried using and external soundcard and the sounds works perfectly...im using VDJ LE with it..

Posted Sun 23 Mar 14 @ 11:09 am
tried also turning on just the unit and im still hearing that click sound from my output speakers and my headsets..sound goes also up when i turn the volume bottom up and down when I turn it down.. using windows 7 64bit...everything was ok since i started using the set..it is also well cared and it has even has its own bag..

Posted Sun 23 Mar 14 @ 11:12 am
242jayPRO (legacy)Member since 2014
Hi im having a problem with my N4. The crossfader wont work and the cue button on deck 2and 4 wont work. Help please. FYI just got the N4 and just cant get it to work properly.

Posted Thu 17 Jul 14 @ 3:22 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

Posted Sat 19 Jul 14 @ 3:27 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)