Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Sound cutting out. Can be restarted with tempo slider!!!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have a PC with 8gig ram and Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2350M CPU @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz.

virtual dj set up:

SOUND SETUP
Inputs: none

Outputs: External Mixer : Deck 1: First card / Deck 2 : Second Card

sound card: 2 cards + ... : speakers (PIONEER CDJ-350) / Speakers (2-PIONEER CDJ-350)

The sound coming from my CDJ 350s regularly cuts out. I have read other threads saying the same thing. However, what is odd is that if i move the temp slider then the sound comes back on! And not always the tempo slider on the deck that is playing, sometimes I have to move the other one for it to work.

Any help or suggestions would be welcome.

Posted Wed 15 Aug 12 @ 3:08 am
Got the Same problem with my CDJ'S using CDJ ASIO, when using THE DJM850 ASIO driver, it works fine

Posted Thu 16 Aug 12 @ 7:15 am
I think the cure is to update the firmware to your cdjs and use the latest pioneer asio driver...both firmware and asio drivers can be found in the pioneer official site.....

Posted Thu 16 Aug 12 @ 1:19 pm
I'm using these, but no joy, currently not a big issue as they are connected to my DJM-850, but I wouldn't dare using the CDJ-850 as asio device without one. can go well for 15mins and then stop or you might have a stop everytime your loading a track, behaviour is random

Posted Sat 08 Sep 12 @ 3:26 am
We've had a similar problem. Tried everything to fix it. Sometimes the deck COMPLETELY goes out, and a total reboot (both laptop and CDJ power) has to be done.

It's always the deck labeled as "02" in the CDJ screen. We've switched the CDJs to help isolate it as a hardware problem, but it's always the deck that's on the right, once again, "Deck 02." Only happens while connected to VDJ. USB thumb drive and CDs never have this problem.

We've increased audio buffer to the recommended 512, even tried higher with no help.

There's definitely a software or driver issue happening here.

Posted Mon 22 Oct 12 @ 7:34 pm
Just thought I'd bump this post as I've recently acquired a pair of cdj 850's and I am experiencing this same issue. I am using the decks in HID mode and using each players soundcard. As the original poster states after playing for a short while the sound cuts out, although the software is still 'running' as normal. When I move the pitch slider on the affected deck the sound instantly comes back. I have also noticed that, so far, it appears to be only deck 2 that is affected. I have increased the buffer size but the problem still persists. I am using the latest VDJ 8.2, the cdjs have the latest firmware installed and I am using the latest asio drivers from Pioneer.

Posted Mon 26 Jun 17 @ 6:49 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)