Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: OS X Mountain Lion - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

TBathePRO InfinityMember since 2007
Apple just released Mountain Lion today. Has anyone tested Virtual DJ with it yet?

Posted Wed 25 Jul 12 @ 7:00 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Yes I've personally tested 10.8 in many live situations and its working with no issues. As always check with your hardware manufacturers for specific hardware compatibility.

Posted Thu 26 Jul 12 @ 10:48 am
DJ KozPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Anyone have issues with the Denon MC6000 or any external hard drives with the new os?

Posted Thu 26 Jul 12 @ 11:22 am
I installed today Mountain Lion !
to Dn MC6000 controller from deck 2 no sound comes out
:-(
someone knows how to solve?

Posted Thu 26 Jul 12 @ 1:15 pm
now works properly,

:-)

perhaps an incorrect setting?

Posted Thu 26 Jul 12 @ 4:42 pm
dam I actually had a problem on the day it was released but with Lion, so I thought I moved from Snow to Lion with no problems, read that who ever had Lion shouldnt have any problems so I downloaded it and installed....all went great....then i tested VDJ with my VMS4.....firstly if the VMS4 is on and then you open VDJ its not detected, switch it off and back on its detected but the play buttons dont work and not even the software playbutton.....I was 2 hours aways from playing I shat myself, wasnt enough time to go back to Lion, tried my Windows partition got it to work but then no sound from the headphone......to sum it up i sat for like 5 hours playing music from Winamp and looking like an Idiot.......

Anybody know what this could be?

Posted Thu 26 Jul 12 @ 7:08 pm
I am currently testing VDJ 7.0.5 with Mountain Lion on 15" MBP.
Early 2011
2.2 Ghz i7 Quad
8GB Ram
1 TB HDD
Radeon 6750 with 1GB GDDR Ram.

So far, audio is fine, video has intermittent freezing.

Posted Thu 26 Jul 12 @ 8:59 pm
I downloaded Mountain Lion yesterday and mixed for a few hours last night on my Mac Book Pro and DN-MC6000. I have to say that it is a big improvement over the experience that I had with Lion. I always had latency issues with Lion, but Mountain Lion seems to have eliminated the issues I was having. Very happy with Mountain Lion and my DN-MC6000!

Posted Thu 26 Jul 12 @ 10:53 pm
Loaded ML. I use Mac book pro. And the Numark NS6. The controller works fine. But VDJ can't see the external sound card anymore. just over an hour before show time.... Damn it! Should have checked before heading off.

Posted Thu 26 Jul 12 @ 11:51 pm
Got everything working. Just in time. Just kept of reboot in laptop, and there it all was. :-)

Posted Fri 27 Jul 12 @ 1:18 am
djtaz_PRO InfinityMember since 2005
I haven't tested it yet, as after installing mountain lion, the Mac doesn't even recognize my Maya44 USB soundcard :-((((

Posted Fri 27 Jul 12 @ 5:35 am
Just upgraded to mountain lion... first up it said that i couldn't open virtual as it wasn't verified by mac.. changed the setting... now it says invalid skin and closes then when I reopen it asks for the code again?? anyone had this problem?
Thanks

Posted Fri 27 Jul 12 @ 8:26 am
Installed OSX 10.8, using Traktor 2 sound card. recognizes sound card but music comes out all distorted.. :(
actually playing live here in a club in MIA.. installed it last night. tested the sound from my computer but didn't test the Traktor 2 audio sound card. I'm using the head phone jack right now but cant Que. music now obviously. anyone experience same? or have idea? maybe my settings are wrong

Posted Fri 27 Jul 12 @ 2:50 pm
NI just had a press release in regard to incompatibility issues of the Audio 2, 4, 8 & S4 soundcards, I only browsed through it but it said they had released beta drivers on their website to try to deal with the issue. Be warned though that NI drivers are hit and miss so you should try and source something else if it is an important gig, or you can always resort to splitting the outputs into mono.

Posted Fri 27 Jul 12 @ 3:19 pm
VDJ, Macbook Pro 17 Late 2011, 8GB Ram, New iPad and Edirol FA-66 works great here.

Posted Sat 28 Jul 12 @ 12:40 am
popuksePRO InfinityMember since 2011
i have imac with ns6 and its not showing external sound card anymore any help ?
tryed rebooting and still not showing

Posted Sat 28 Jul 12 @ 9:41 am
DJ KozPRO InfinityMember since 2007
OK so according to the posts it is safe to say that the MC6000 is compatible?

Posted Sat 28 Jul 12 @ 10:07 am
emaofiaPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hi All,

Just upgraded to Mountain Lion. Had issue with Lion where typing in the search box would chop/cut playing track. thought upgrading would help.
now bigger issue.
Maybe not for this forum, but ML doesn't recognize my TimeMachine backup to restore.. freezes my Finder.
Uninstalled VdJ 7.0.5, Serato Itch package, then restarted.
Downloaded OSX Mountain Lion again, reinstalled again, hoping for repair of whatever went wrong. Haven't tried connecting TimeMachine again until I get my software and controller going again.

Running:
MBP 15" Early 2011
2.2 GHz i7
8GB RAM
Numark NS6

Tried:
Installing NS6 Driver 2.1 Only, reinstalled VDJ:
Result:
Recognizes controller for browsing, soundcard.. but not output option for audio through NS6. sound plays through MBP speakers.
sound is clear, however. latency scratch is good. no more choppy audio when searching files

Tried:
Uninstalled VDJ, restart
Installed Serato Itch 1.8 (also tried 2.2) restart
Result:
itch doesn't even recognize controller
-Took this step for controller recognition, for troubleshooting, then was going to reinstall VDJ Pro 7.0.5 if everything was good.

Uninstalled everything. That is where I stand now. i am going to look for older NS6 drivers and/or older version of Serato Itch for NS6.

Update:
I just found this. No signed drivers, also Serato doesn't support ML yet. go figure. VDJ ftw always!
http://serato.com/itch/support/14501/how-do-i-install-serato-software-on-mountain-lion

Thanks,
AO

Posted Sun 29 Jul 12 @ 8:53 pm
alfadjsPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I had some issues with the Hercules RMX controller used as a sound card for two cdj1000mkiii and time code cds, i had to download the driver again and reinstall it, after that, it works fine, with some lag but acceptable.

Posted Sun 29 Jul 12 @ 9:23 pm
I could try Virtual Dj Lion both as mountain lion and it worked perfect on both operating systems

Posted Mon 30 Jul 12 @ 1:14 am
30%