Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: pioneer djm 2000 midi

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

hi,

i'm looking to purchase pioneer djm 2000. when i played around with it, i've noticed that it has a midi page, 4 different ways to play with it. buttons, faders, and even something that looks like a x/y pad. yet virtual dj has not added these. so i basically wanted to know...

1. is virtual dj capable of recieving midi commands from pioneer djm 2000?
if no, when will it be able to a recognize these midi commands.. if ever?

2. if it does.. or rather if it will.. will i be able to add my own commands to it? a page for samples, a page for fx, a page for basic comands (play, cue, stop, pause, loop, seek .. etc.)

all replies are appreciated.

dj kz.

Posted Thu 28 Jun 12 @ 11:25 pm
If a device sends MIDI then VDJ can receive it.

VDJ 7 doesn't have mapping already listed for the DJM2000, but you can either do it yourself from scratch or maybe use one of the downloadable mapping files for the other DJM models as a starting point.

Posted Fri 29 Jun 12 @ 10:08 am
Virtual DJ Pro V 7.05 does not recognize any MIDI commands by Pioneer DJM 2000.

I"ve tested this in every which way I could think of.

However, Virtual DJ does recognize the asio sound card 4 ch stereo. and the sound comes out perfect.

@Virtual DJ Dev Team,

Please recognize DJM 2000 MIDI commands ASAP.. thank you.

DJ KZ

Posted Sat 30 Jun 12 @ 11:32 pm
djkz wrote :

However, Virtual DJ does recognize the asio sound card 4 ch stereo. and the sound comes out perfect.

@Virtual DJ Dev Team,

Please recognize DJM 2000 MIDI commands ASAP.. thank you.

DJ KZ

Oh yes it does, I have been using one with Virtual DJ since the mixer came out.

Posted Sun 01 Jul 12 @ 7:31 am
please tell me how..

Posted Sun 01 Jul 12 @ 10:39 am
Isn't it in the manual?

Posted Sun 01 Jul 12 @ 1:22 pm
djkz wrote :

You look familiar, did I give you that t shirt? I want that t shirt back, for these untrue statements.

Posted Sun 01 Jul 12 @ 2:07 pm
believe me, i want this to work more than anything. i'm loosing my mind why it doesn't. i'm very hopeful that it will. i'm also experiencing crackly sound output via the cdj 2000's and worst of all rekord box doesn't recognize the cdj's as devices. so there's plenty of configuration that needs to be done to my laptop.

any and all help is welcome, wanted, and appreciated.

Posted Mon 02 Jul 12 @ 4:18 am
well, i finally figured out how to make get virtual dj to recognize midi functions from djm 2000. now the only question is, how do i save it as a DJM 2000 profile instead of "simple midi wrapper".

let me tell you.. it is awesome. full control of cue points, samplers, and more.

i only wish i could use the type d as a touch mouse pad and the 3 triggers as a mouse buttons and page 2 as mouse scroll to quickly scroll though long lists of files in the db.. any ways..

===== issue resolved =====

method: all steps are for the DJM 2000

1. connect djm 2000 to computer with a usb cable.
2. on your mixer.. at the bottom right there are 2 buttons in the "MIDI" section. press the ON/OFF so that the button white light turns on.. that's the 1st step to causing the DJM 2000 to be able to send midi commands to the computer.
3. again, in the "MIDI" section there is a button "START/STOP". press that button once. right where you have the touch screen monitor for midi, mix and remix, there is a little horizontal screen it should read out "MIDI START" if it says "MIDI STOP" then press the "START/STOP" button again. if it says "MIDI SNOP SHOT" then you pressed the button for too long. it's a quick press and release.

with MIDI START and MIDI ON, the DJM 2000 is now ready to send midi signals. As it turns out, Virtual DJ has been ready to receive midi signals from the mixer all along.

go to virtual dj settings. go to mappers, from the drop down select "simple midi wrapper" click on "auto key learn" press a button in the dj mixer. virtual dj will show you that it caputres the midi signal.. now add in a command that you want.. it's that simple. later.

i hope this helps you all.

DJ kz

Posted Tue 03 Jul 12 @ 12:14 pm
and yet again.. it will not work.. but now i've figured out what's the problem..

Pioneer DJM 2000 works fine with Virtual DJ.
Pioneer CDJ 2000 works fine with Virtual DJ.

However, when a CDJ 2000 is in use with virtual DJ, virtual DJ will simply not accept any midi commands sent by the DJM 2000.

watch this full hd video explanation for more details.

now that i know the source of the problem, please tell me how to fix it, or where to post this issue.

Thanks,

djkz

Posted Tue 03 Jul 12 @ 9:10 pm
stimmPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Thx, it works fine

Posted Mon 07 Jan 13 @ 12:28 pm
Is it possible to connect 2 pioneer cdjs 2000 nexus and 1 pioneer djm 2000 nexus mixer to virtual dj 8 via the djm mixer using only 1 USB cable from the mixer to the laptop?

Posted Tue 11 Jul 17 @ 10:25 pm
awtel123@hotmail.com wrote :
Is it possible to connect 2 pioneer cdjs 2000 nexus and 1 pioneer djm 2000 nexus mixer to virtual dj 8 via the djm mixer using only 1 USB cable from the mixer to the laptop?

You should probably make a new thread for this, since this one is old and talks about VDJ7 and older hardware

Anyway...
Both the CDJ 2000 nexus and the DJM 2000 are natively supported in VDJ8
But I think you would normally attach the CDJ's to the laptop.
So I'm not sure about the wiring you want

Posted Wed 12 Jul 17 @ 7:22 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
VDJ cannot use network link between the cdj's and the djm, so you need 3 usb cables to the laptop. (Easiest with an usb hub in-between so you only have one cable from the laptop to the usb hub)

Posted Wed 12 Jul 17 @ 7:34 am
Adion wrote :
VDJ cannot use network link between the cdj's and the djm, so you need 3 usb cables to the laptop. (Easiest with an usb hub in-between so you only have one cable from the laptop to the usb hub)

That's what i thought , i tried for a long time and didn't work.
I hope that they will add this feature to virtual dj, it will make lif r much easier.
Thanks.

Posted Wed 12 Jul 17 @ 8:10 am
938MyDJPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Your drivers & firmwares MUST be up to date to make these units work.

I have the exact same set up and can testify to this.

Posted Thu 13 Jul 17 @ 1:54 pm
freppaPRO InfinityMember since 2002
awtel123@hotmail.com wrote :
Adion wrote :

That's what i thought , i tried for a long time and didn't work.
I hope that they will add this feature to virtual dj, it will make lif r much easier.
Thanks.

I dont think you will see anything else than your answer above.
Usb hubs is both cheap & small and can fit right into a big case that you probably have to your setup.
If you want the easy way to connect, buy a new setup as a Dj Controller like a Pio DDJ-SX2

Posted Thu 13 Jul 17 @ 5:12 pm
ron cPRO InfinityMember since 2008
My DJM-2000 is working midi however I have no sound?

Posted Tue 10 Jul 18 @ 12:14 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)