Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Hercules DJ Console RMX ASIO Sound Driver Error? (Good Marketing, Bad Satisfaction)

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

CowrawlHome userMember since 2012
So basically I get an error every time I start up VDJ (RMX LE), the ASIO one that says "Error in the ASIO sound driver" And then you can't play anything on it and so on. Then I found out the whole settings thing with the "Config/More" button and everything. So I then click the "More" button, and so in order to get my console to work, I gotta spend $300 on VDJ Pro 'cause the version that comes with it won't let me without upgrading.

What.

I bought the console, it came with the software, and the software is unusable? Yeah, yeah, I can see why a company would want to make the user buy the full version before being able to use their software, but isn't that a bit cheap? Does everything really have to be about the money? I didn't have any problems when I used it on my old crappy desktop. Is it a Windows 7 thing?

Posted Wed 27 Jun 12 @ 6:32 pm
This is probably because you don't have the latest drivers and firmware loaded. Make sure that you also have the most recent version of VirtualDJ Console Edition installed.

Please see http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/RMX.html

Upgrading to Pro is not necessary to get it to work. However, if you wish to take advantage of all the features that Pro offers over VirtualDJ Console Edition, which is limited and older (v5) version of the software, then you can upgrade at a considerable discount by going to http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html

Posted Thu 28 Jun 12 @ 4:35 am
the asio problem is sometime related to windows using the soundcard in WDM mode and preventing it to switch to ASIO mode.
you can disable the RMX in the windows "sound control panel "

this way windows will not try to use it in wdm mode. and you still can use it with vdj in asio mode

Posted Thu 28 Jun 12 @ 12:28 pm
Did you install the Hercules Dj control software that comes with the controller? If so with virtual dj closed open the icon on your taskbar, for hercules dj cant miss it lloks like a record with the letters dj in it). On the bottom of that screen that opens it will show wdm & asio. Click the circle that says asio and wait a few seconds for it to change color. Now open virtual dj and try using asio

Hope this helps

Posted Thu 28 Jun 12 @ 7:29 pm

Posted Tue 03 Jul 12 @ 5:51 am
CowrawlHome userMember since 2012
Well, it worked.
Note worked.
Now it won't work again, I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling (which worked the first times, all my drivers are up to date) and I need help now.

Posted Tue 07 Aug 12 @ 1:33 am
DJ PhatsoPRO InfinityHercules Support TeamMember since 2005
So back to the original problem ?

As it stands, the Rmx looks to be installed correctly?

http://ts.hercules.com/faqs/eng/her_eng_00350.pdf

If this is the case, then let's move on to verifying the ASIO driver:

1) Download the following software:

http://www.tropicalcoder.com/ASIOTestSigGen.htm

2) before launching the application,be sure that:

- the DJ Console is set to ASIO in the Control panel

- VDJ or other applications susceptible of using the ASIO driver are closed.

3) Upon launching ASIOSinGen, configure as follow:

- Select ASIO driver:

Obviously choose the Rmx ASIO driver

- Select Device Output:

I would choose the headphone output (Output 3/4) since you can easily control the volume (be sure to to lower the volume before proceeding with the test).

Once this is done, click any of the wave or noise button which will send a short signal in the headphone. If you can hear the signal, then the ASIO driver is working correctly.

IF however you get an error message, then there may be a problem with the ASIO driver.

4) Switch to WDM in the control panel. Launch ASIOSinGen again.

You should normally get the following window message:

Can't interface with an ASIO driver - Exiting!

Change the audio mode to ASIO and launch ASIOSinGen again. If you are able to launch the applications normally, then the control panel and the ASIO driver are working correctly and that the problem is most probably related to the VDJ installation.

I would suggest uninstalling Virtual DJ in the following manner:

- From the first window of the installer, select CUSTOM

- for every subsequent windows, choose SELECT ALL for every following ones

This will insure that all fines related to the software are removed ( the folder Virtual DJ should not be present in Document once the uninstallation is complete).

Then reinstall using the latest version (v.5.2.2).

Posted Tue 07 Aug 12 @ 8:16 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)