Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Connecting Virtual DJ to CDJ 1000 MK3's and Rane ttm56 Mixer - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Hi all,

I'm not much of a technical person and i was wondering if anyone can tell me what would be the best way to connect my cdj 1000 mk3's with virtual dj and rane ttm56 mixer? I see there us a scratch kit on the website, I dont want to spend a whole lot of money but if quality is a factor i can spend more :) Also

Can you use scratch live timecode cds?

Will any sound card work or is there only a select few that work with virtual dj, maybe something i can pick up at an electronics store?

and will virtual dj pro 5.2 be compatible with everything ( Im just very used to this version )

Thank you so much for your help guys!

Posted Tue 29 May 12 @ 9:54 pm
Buy the M-Audio connectiv Soudcard. You can get it for 70 dollars from PSSL.com I used it a few years ago with two Pioneer cdj 1000mk3's and the Pioneer DJm 500 mixer.

Posted Wed 30 May 12 @ 1:07 am
My solution is working on all platforms. Laptop/Desktop. And I think it's the best way to save money and have quality at the same time.

1 - Buy 2 identical creative sound cards or equivalent, and install them in your system (2 channel output, 2 Channel Input, 16 bit, 44100khz).

2 - Connect your CD player's output's to the sound cards Line In, Player 1's output goes to it's designated sound card's Line In. Do the same for Player 2.

3 - Make shure that in your sound settings on the laptop/desktop, you enable and turn up the volume for line in, in the recording menu for both soundcards.

4 - Connect the sound card's output's to your mixer's inputs on the desired channel you wish to use.

5 - Connect the mixer's outputs to the PA and headphones.

6 - Download and burn this file http://www.virtualdj.com/products/timecode/VDJTimeCode_pro.mp3 on two cd's using the settings required for audio cd burning. Or just use 2 MMC's for ease of use.

7 - Power on your player's and insert the cd's, one in each player. Do not press the play button.

8 - Download and install ASIO4ALL from here http://tippach.business.t-online.de/asio4all/downloads_1/ASIO4ALL_2_10_English.exe

9 - Open VirtualDJ and go to settings, select as imput, TimeCodes. Select your output channels deck designation and close.

10 - Load a file into any deck and press the play button on the coresponding cd player.

11 - Start your testing and come back with other questions you might have.

Enjoy!

Posted Wed 30 May 12 @ 1:25 pm
It's incredible, the CDJ1000, as more others, costs a fortune, yet (it's a non feature device).
At the amount of money you spend for them, it's outrageously stupid, it lack's a midi port. No USB and so on.

If I was you, I'd sell them and with the money, I'd buy me the NS7.

Posted Wed 30 May 12 @ 1:44 pm
I wouldnt recomend two separate identical Sound cards because your consuming more usb ports on your laptop. The M Audio Connectiv Has all the inputs for Two Turntables and the outputs to the Mixer. Its a Better card than creative and its cheap in price.

Posted Wed 30 May 12 @ 3:49 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Using two sound cards is less than ideal IMHO, and avoid Creative too!

Posted Wed 30 May 12 @ 4:06 pm
Thanks everyone for all your help! Ive been looking for answers all over the net and you guys have been a lot of help. I agree, I spent a fortune on these decks when they first came out and they dont even have a usb port :|

Posted Thu 31 May 12 @ 3:00 am
The CDJ-1000 series were designed years ago when using computer software to DJ was far less common. They were designed and intended for DJ'ing from audio CD's, which is why they don't have USB or MIDI ports.

There are newer and more up-to-date CDJ models available now that are fully HID and MIDI capable as well as capable of playing stand-alone from USB media.

As above, using two separate sound cards is not an ideal solution and may lead to performance issues. ASIO4ALL is also not a real ASIO driver and will not give you true low latency sound (Important for a good scratch response.) Please see: http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/ASIO4ALL.html

Also, if you can afford CDJ-1000's, then you should also be able to afford a proper decent multi-channel ASIO sound card designed for DJ timecode use as well as a license for the full VirtualDJ Professional which is also required to be able to use timecode. If you like VirtualDJ, then please support the software and its future development by purchasing it: http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html

Posted Fri 01 Jun 12 @ 11:34 am
Im having an issue with this setup. Deck 2 will not play with the timecode on. Deck 1 plays right away when a song is loaded. Not sure what im doing wrong but its frustrating. Im able to play a song on deck 2 with the timecode off. im not sure if its the settings in VDJ or the settings in DeeJay Trim. Any help would be appreciated

Posted Thu 30 Aug 12 @ 1:17 pm
Turn off vinyl mode on deck 2 and try again...

Posted Thu 30 Aug 12 @ 1:21 pm
DJTOM09Home userMember since 2010
Would a Numark DJ IO USB 2 channel sound card work?

Posted Fri 04 Jan 13 @ 5:50 pm

Posted Sat 05 Jan 13 @ 3:14 pm
Hey guys , I have M-Audio Fastrack pro sound card.. can i connect my laptop to cdj 1000 mk3 ?

Posted Thu 03 Apr 14 @ 11:58 am
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
inescapablezzz wrote :
Hey guys , I have M-Audio Fastrack pro sound card.. can i connect my laptop to cdj 1000 mk3 ?

It appears this card has only two mono inputs. You need 4 mono (2 stereo) for two timecode decks. You can use one deck with that card. This is also a really old thread. If you have more questions I would suggest starting a new one.

Posted Thu 03 Apr 14 @ 11:53 pm
Can I use a gigaport soundcard to control my pioneer cdj 1000 mk3 to virtual dj on timecode

Posted Wed 25 Nov 15 @ 8:18 pm
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
I am not seeing any inputs on the gigaport. It appears to be an 8 channel output only card. If this is correct, then you cannot timecode with this card alone.

Posted Sat 28 Nov 15 @ 6:00 am
That's correct, The Gigaports are output only. the company, ESI does make an interface to help you. Take a look at this.

Posted Sat 28 Nov 15 @ 6:09 am
kea1809Home userMember since 2013
I downloaded the virtual dj timecodes and burnt them to cd,i put them into the cdj 1000 mk3 but no working with the virtual dj.your help is appreciated.thank you.

Posted Wed 23 Nov 16 @ 3:42 pm
You need to tell us what your setup is. How have you connected everything?

Posted Wed 23 Nov 16 @ 7:15 pm
Hey there I have 2 cdj 1000 MK3S and I need to know what mixers I can get that will allow me to use my pc. Without breaking my bank as these are temporary but much needed to practice

Posted Fri 09 Dec 16 @ 7:44 pm
95%