Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: External drive letters not showing up in virtual DJ's browser [SOLVED]

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have several external hard drives hooked up to a hub, I'm using virtual DJ 7.0.5b. When I go into config then to browser virtual DJ doesn't see the drive letters, this is on the line where you can fix and repair. On the program itself (when you get out of config) on the left-hand side I can click on my drives and they show up. I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if so, how did you fix it. Thanks for your help

Posted Fri 13 Apr 12 @ 8:36 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
You need to rightclick on those Drives and choose Add to searchDB. After that, they will show up in Config->Browser tab
Virtualdj shows there all the drives that have a database file. If there is not a database file in the root directory of those HDs, they dont show up.

Posted Fri 13 Apr 12 @ 9:21 am
BlulitePRO InfinityMember since 2009
i had this problem not long ago... puzzeled me for a short time... turns out im a retard and neglected to notice that my externals were in the drop down menu next to the scan/clean/fix buttons :( lol ... true story...

Posted Fri 13 Apr 12 @ 3:26 pm
I went through each of my external hard drives and added to search database and that didn't seem to help. Does anyone else have any suggestions on how to get the drive letters to show up when you go into config then into browser and on the line that says fix and repair is a drop-down arrow that should show the drive letters, once again I only see one drive letter. Thanks in advance for any and all help

Posted Sat 14 Apr 12 @ 9:45 am
look in computer is there anything besides the C: showing

maybe not connected or on ?

Posted Sat 14 Apr 12 @ 10:30 am
I did check to make sure all the drives were connected and they are. I can search in virtual and I do have all my music. I just don't see the drives in the browser. The reason I'm doing this on one of my drives is receiving some error messages when I try to load a track into virtual so I went into browser to fix them. That's when I found out the drives were not showing up. Thanks!

Posted Sat 14 Apr 12 @ 10:51 am
try my computer , r-click a drive click properties / tools / error checking

Posted Sat 14 Apr 12 @ 2:09 pm
bob are you using the drop down menu in config > browser menu??? like i said earlier, i spent ages not doing this ... you hit the dropdown arrow and select the drive you want to fix...

Posted Sat 14 Apr 12 @ 2:50 pm
Yes, I do know about the drop-down arrow and I do use it, and before I would see all my drive letters, now when I clicked on the arrow now I only see one drive letter...

Posted Sat 14 Apr 12 @ 8:57 pm
I just tried my computer, I right clicked a drive clicked on properties / tools / and scan for error-checking. The message came back. No problems were found on the device or desk. It is ready to use. Then I went back into virtual clicked on config and went to browser. Then I checked the drive letters by clicking on the down arrow, I only see one drive and there are four attached. Still not sure what's wrong with this. I hope somebody can tell me how to fix it. Thanks for any and all your help!

Posted Sat 14 Apr 12 @ 9:16 pm
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
They may each need tobe pluged in at a power source or the hub has given out on you, try plugging each in another usb port (one at a time), then ck VDJ if it see's that one additional drive, then continue adding one at a time using the above technique to sort out the problem, it's not VDJ....

Posted Sat 14 Apr 12 @ 9:34 pm
Bob Fauci DJ wrote :
Yes, I do know about the drop-down arrow and I do use it, and before I would see all my drive letters, now when I clicked on the arrow now I only see one drive letter...

ok cool, all i can suggest otherwise is uninstalling the external hdd's drivers from device manager and the hub drivers then re-install them. also in power options, disable "usb selective suspend" your laptop may be shutting down the port your using if its taking up too much system resources to transfer data from 4 drives at once.

Posted Sun 15 Apr 12 @ 1:14 am
Just a reminder, if I go to my computer I see all external hard drives listed. When I go to virtual DJ on the left side of the program I click once on computer I see all my external hard drives. But when I go into config and then into browse I use the drop-down window. I only see one drive and it's C. I have added all the drives to search database.

Posted Sun 15 Apr 12 @ 7:25 am
try a different hub

Posted Sun 15 Apr 12 @ 4:08 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
The Disk may carry rights from the other computer too, so rightclick on the Hard Drive from Windows Explorer, Properties, Security Tab and make sure your account username has Full Control rights. Just to be sure, you may add "everyone" to have Full Control. then try to open VirtualDJ again.

Posted Sun 15 Apr 12 @ 5:50 pm
Thank you, thank you, thank you. djdad you are right, I went into each drive and gave permission to everyone and now the drive letters show up in the browser drop-down window. Once again, I'd like to thank you for taking the time to help me fix my problem. And a big thank you for everyone who tried help!

Posted Sun 15 Apr 12 @ 6:29 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)