Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: DJM850 Filter : Sidechain Compressor

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

This is the filter of the sound color FX of Pioneer DJM850
It allows to create a sidechain compressor FX (often used in electronic French music)

Slider :
- from middle to left : gradually decreases the low-pass filter\'s cutoff frequency
- from middle to right : gradually increases the high-pass filter\'s cutoff frequency

Button :
- off : outputs sound that has passed through a filter
- on : the filter\'s cutoff frequency changes in association with the level of track.

Posted Sat 31 Mar 12 @ 5:55 pm
This sounds like it's going to be awesome :D:D

Posted Sat 31 Mar 12 @ 6:00 pm
dowloading available

Posted Sun 01 Apr 12 @ 12:12 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003

I like the sound this effect produces but there's a bug? Every time the effect is activated the playing beat jumps to the timing of when it was activated, if this wasn't the case then great.

Posted Tue 29 May 12 @ 10:58 am
indeed, I'll fix the problem and upload a new version

Posted Wed 30 May 12 @ 2:56 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003

Nice thanks! I think the bug is present on one or two of your other plugins, it seems to be created once the parameters have been moved.

I use the MC6000 and it can be confusing when applying a filter, especially if the low pass and high pass are on the same bar/knob, or even if they're assigned to a different parameter and the direction is inverted for one.

- I think the best option would be to divide the effect (just like a DJM-2000) into a separate high and low pass effect. Parameter 1 = filter (amount), parameter 2 = range (changing the extremity of the effect).

Also I think the LPF needs to go deeper by default (I know it's a DJM850 but I'm comparing to DJM2000), if you listen to "Filters high and low" by TexZk the LPF over a house track will create that deep pulsing sound when turned towards 90%. The problem with this plugin though is that it's not very controller friendly imo, as the direction of the parameters (knobs) differ making it confusing without a visual reference.

Posted Sun 03 Jun 12 @ 7:55 am
I still have the same problem, using the DJM 850 filter, whenever I activate it, there is a small delay. Turning it off, the delay goes away. I downloaded just 2 days ago, what can be the problem? Not compatible with the latest virtual DJ versions?

Thanks!

Posted Sat 17 Aug 13 @ 6:28 am
Where can I download it?

Posted Wed 30 Nov 16 @ 12:36 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)