Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Now we've seen the VDJ8 sneak peek- Any Suggestions - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

any chance you guys could add a "slow start" and "slow stop" fuction, with an option in settings to decide how slow the start and stop are

the activation of the feature through the pressing start or stop on the play button (not buried away in the effects section)

the idea is to emulate the natural slow start and slow stop of a vinyl turntable, because is useful as a mixing technique for DJs

Posted Sun 24 Jun 12 @ 11:21 am
another feature

start and end BPM

this is for "transition" remixes which change BPM

and live songs which have a intro and outro custom made for DJing, but the song changes BPM meaning that the outro is different BPM to the Intro

Posted Sun 24 Jun 12 @ 11:27 am
I have made a test plug-in (a beta version of Watchdog) that will slowly increase/decrease the Bpm until it matches the other deck. Is this what you're looking for?

Posted Sun 24 Jun 12 @ 3:24 pm
i will try to explain

if i have a song which starts at 90 BPM and slowly increases in spead to 100BPM during the song, Virtual DJ will only record one BPM, possibly between 90 and 100.

i would have to manually correct that if i want to be able to loop the beginning of the song.

so i will set the BPM of the song to 90BPM because this is the speed of the intro of the song

now if i want to sync another song to it as i mix out of it, the song will sync to 90 BPm even though track A is now at the end and the BPM has risen to 100

so dual (start and end )BPMs would be the only solution i think

a constant BPM tracking would be a 'possible' solution but i do not think it would be practical, because the types of songs which vary in BPM are live music, (in my case, salsa) and the BPM can be difficult for a computer to detect and often needs manual intervention

Posted Sun 24 Jun 12 @ 3:45 pm
What about if you tap the BPM button on the outgoing song, to set the BPM to the new tempo, before syncing the next song?

The best way really is to not rely on the computer or sync, and mix with your ears and the pitch control. :-)

Posted Wed 27 Jun 12 @ 9:30 am
I really like what I saw in the sneak peak but I'd like to see "video faders " (like with Serato ), better timecode control and the sampler still needs work even with the new features. I know it was just a sneak peak so maybe these things have been addressed but that's what I'd love to see......

Posted Wed 27 Jun 12 @ 9:46 am
groovindj wrote :
What about if you tap the BPM button on the outgoing song, to set the BPM to the new tempo, before syncing the next song?

The best way really is to not rely on the computer or sync, and mix with your ears and the pitch control. :-)

i dont think its practical, to tap the tempo because then im having to do that every time i play the song

it would in fact be more intuitive to beatmatch by ear than it would for me to tap the tempo while playing live.

i do agree that one needs to be able to beatmatch the convetional way and i can, but i also believe in using technology to our advantage.
the BPM function exists after all , and not just for syncing the songs but also for looping.

Posted Wed 27 Jun 12 @ 7:57 pm
Well as far as I know, there is no DJ software which allows for more than one tempo, more than one key or a time signature other than 4/4 in a song - despite this being very common in all sorts of music.........for decades.

It's a shame because it is limiting.

The problem with the way VDJ (and other similar software) syncs is that it uses a 'beat grid' (CBG) which has fixed spacing between grid markers - they are always equidistant. You can't have a beat grid that is fluid and changes over time.

One way of getting around the issue is to adjust the track to the grid - commonly known as warping, because the technique goes by that name in Ableton Live.

So if your original track goes from 90 to 100 BPM, warping would make it a fixed value - maybe 95 to be in the middle.

You could then adjust the tempo of the track up with the VDJ pitch slider (to match the next track) and the CBG would follow.

Posted Thu 28 Jun 12 @ 7:05 am
Any chance of another 'sneek peek' to see how things are going. I'm starting to lose interest.

I know Atomix doesn't give out release dates but how about a ball park figure... this year, next year, 2014?

Cheers

Posted Thu 26 Jul 12 @ 5:53 am
It would be awesome if someone could rewrite the slide show plugin so it doesn't distort the images. Running the SBDJ_slideshow plugin works, but bogs the entire program down and things get choppy.

Posted Mon 29 Oct 12 @ 9:48 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
I've got a fix for that to release when I get time. It only bogs down if your file sizes are large BTW :-)

Posted Mon 29 Oct 12 @ 12:55 pm
Well that would be awesome. Right now I get the same result if its a 150M file or 2G file.

Posted Mon 29 Oct 12 @ 12:58 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Not sure why you would need to be displaying 2Gb image files in a VirtualDJ slideshow? That seems to be an insane size.

I'm doing my testing on the current version with a 24Mb JPEG which is about 9000 pixels square. The built in plugin handles this file OK, but with some small GUI freezing when loading. My existing plugin struggles with this file.

The test version I'm using here loads this file with absolutely no impact on VDJ and IMHO the image looks slightly better too. It's not a finished plugin yet however!

Posted Mon 29 Oct 12 @ 8:24 pm
My mistake, I was referring to the size of the video file, not the image file. Most image files that cause the issue are around 5M each. It gets really bad with a 12M file.

Posted Mon 29 Oct 12 @ 9:14 pm
I think this new version is going to change a few things in the dj world.. I would love to see more online videos from the company teaching skills and set up on youtube or settings or a virutal dj pro youtube page as a company.. I think that there is a lot more to the new version then they are letting out as the second they do someone else will steal or copy it.. I hope that it gets here before new years.. I also like the idea of projector mapping for dj backgrounds and more awesome stuff with little or no pay pal donations..

Posted Tue 30 Oct 12 @ 11:20 pm
Not to be pushy, but I am jumping in to this conversation late. I have V7's and a NS7 that I have owned for a LOOOONG time. At the Las Vegas DJ show, Adam from VDJ assuerd me they would now work on the Macin VDJ8 without the underwater worble problem, so.. i dont want to really go to Serasto DJ, but I really want to use the VDJ with my cool hardware.. is there a better timeframe for VD8 release ?

Posted Tue 05 Nov 13 @ 3:31 pm
I was looking for a multi split screen video effect so I can figure out a way to have one video split on to 6, 40 inch lcd screens sideways.. as one show like screen mapping! I know it can be done but I have no idea how.. anyone ?

Posted Mon 18 Nov 13 @ 1:33 am
Hi
I would like Virtual will support broadcast with encoder aacPlus.

Posted Thu 21 Nov 13 @ 7:12 am
tycoonentertainmentcanada wrote :
I was looking for a multi split screen video effect so I can figure out a way to have one video split on to 6, 40 inch lcd screens sideways.. as one show like screen mapping! I know it can be done but I have no idea how.. anyone ?

surely you would be better off using external dedicated hardware for this...

Cheers,

Roy

Posted Sun 08 Dec 13 @ 4:20 pm
tycoonentertainmentcanada wrote :

Try a "TripleHead2Go" or a "DualHead2Go"...

Posted Sun 08 Dec 13 @ 6:35 pm
75%