Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins - Topic: Does anyone know how to make the track keep playing after brake?

Post here comments on the VirtualDJ Plugins (Audio effects, Video effects, Video transitions, Tools, ...).
Plug-ins are available for download by registered PRO License users only.
VirtualDJ forums
VirtualDJ Plugins
Does anyone know...

Author - Topic: Does anyone know how to make the track keep playing after brake? -

hyplo113

No license user
Posted Thu 01 Mar 12 @ 3:06 pm
I want the track to keep playing right after I brake it instead of pressing play, because I want to be able to play my next track as soon as I brake. Does anyone know how to do this? I dont know very much about mapping if it has something to do with mapping.. could someone help me?

Thanks guys

JoeyKJ

Ultra-VIP Member
Posted Fri 02 Mar 12 @ 9:35 am
You just need to fade into the next track before spin down of the effect... autofade is an option..

DHoude

Professional edition user
Premium Member
Posted Fri 02 Mar 12 @ 1:26 pm
Not sure what version you have but 6+ you can use "automix_dualdeck". That way when one stops it auto fades to the next song in your playlist. Just like Automix but on 2 decks.. They keep saying they are going to remove the Dual deck automix, so it will not be a long term solution. That is why I stopped using it, but I really do like it..

Personally, if you are there to hit the Brake effect, hitting play on the other deck and fading should not be an issue either unless you don't have a controler.

hyplo113

No license user
Posted Fri 02 Mar 12 @ 10:29 pm
Not sure what version you have but 6+ you can use "automix_dualdeck". That way when one stops it auto fades to the next song in your playlist. Just like Automix but on 2 decks.. They keep saying they are going to remove the Dual deck automix, so it will not be a long term solution. That is why I stopped using it, but I really do like it..

Personally, if you are there to hit the Brake effect, hitting play on the other deck and fading should not be an issue either unless you don't have a controler.

DHoude,
Yeah I don't have a controller. I have Virtual DJ Pro 7, umm with the automix_dualdeck thing I want it to keep playing the same song though. Right after I brake it I want it to start up again (and at the same time I play a song on the other deck) so there isnt a pause space inbetween pressing play and such. When I press automix_dualdeck it keeps getting rid of what I have on the first deck.

So far I have sort of worked out the mapping thing. I have "deck 2 effect active & deck 2 play" on the mapper for the brake, all it does is brake and it wont play right after it brake's... I thought the "&" was supposed to be execute command 1 (deck 2 effect active) and then it will execute command 2 (deck 2 play). It doesnt seem to be working, I must be missing out on something ... =/..

synthet1c

Ultra-VIP Member
Posted Sat 03 Mar 12 @ 12:40 am
try this, but it won't wait till the braking track has stopped, it will play the opposite deck when you activate brake... you should be able to map this to your keyboard in vdj home

deck left select ? deck left effect 'brake' active & deck right play : deck right effect 'brake' active & deck left play

hyplo113

No license user
Posted Sat 03 Mar 12 @ 6:28 am
try this, but it won't wait till the braking track has stopped, it will play the opposite deck when you activate brake... you should be able to map this to your keyboard in vdj home

deck left select ? deck left effect 'brake' active & deck right play : deck right effect 'brake' active & deck left play

THANKYOU SO MUCH syntheti1c =)
That was very helpful.. now i can just press play right afterwards instead of having to press 3 buttons afterwards =DD.

Site map
(C)opyright Atomix Productions 2014

Software
Hardware
ContentUnlimited
Goodies
VirtualDJ Pro Full
VirtualDJ Pro Basic
VirtualDJ Broadcaster
VirtualDJ Home FREE
VirtualDJ LE
Comparison