Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Another Itunes library issue

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

mrpianoPRO InfinityMember since 2011
I have read many topics and threads on this. I hope that Virtual DJ will consider better Itunes integration in future versions. This is really painful given Itunes is the most ubiquitous library organizer on the face of the planet, at least for Mac users...

I have the latest version of VDJ as of this writing.

I have all my music on an external hard drive, connected to my laptop.

I can SEE my playlists and Itunes library when I open VDJ. When I try to load a track, any track, I get an error (the file isn't there, which I realize)

If I look at any of my Itunes playlists in VDJ, it loads all the songs in the main panel. If I right click on the song and select "File Infos" it shows my that VDJ is in fact looking for the song in the WRONG place (the song is not where the path is pointing). It is saying my song is /disk/folder/anotherfolder/HERE when my actual music is in /disk/folder/anotherfolder/THERE. My itunes music library.xml is in another folder as is my actual music. So the library can be found, but the files cannot.

I KNOW the path where the song is, I just can't figure out how to tell VDJ that is looking in entirely the wrong directory for all of my Itunes music files. Where would I make this change?

Thanks,

Gino

Posted Mon 20 Feb 12 @ 6:22 pm
Anyone? Can't use the software without my Itunes library at this point...

Posted Tue 21 Feb 12 @ 11:22 am
AsTheDJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
mrpiano wrote :
I have read many topics and threads on this. I hope that Virtual DJ will consider better Itunes integration in future versions. This is really painful given Itunes is the most ubiquitous library organizer on the face of the planet, at least for Mac users...

I have the latest version of VDJ as of this writing.

I have all my music on an external hard drive, connected to my laptop.

I can SEE my playlists and Itunes library when I open VDJ. When I try to load a track, any track, I get an error (the file isn't there, which I realize)

If I look at any of my Itunes playlists in VDJ, it loads all the songs in the main panel. If I right click on the song and select "File Infos" it shows my that VDJ is in fact looking for the song in the WRONG place (the song is not where the path is pointing). It is saying my song is /disk/folder/anotherfolder/HERE when my actual music is in /disk/folder/anotherfolder/THERE. My itunes music library.xml is in another folder as is my actual music. So the library can be found, but the files cannot.

I KNOW the path where the song is, I just can't figure out how to tell VDJ that is looking in entirely the wrong directory for all of my Itunes music files. Where would I make this change?

Thanks,

Gino

It sound like you have change a word/add a pic to the song and now VDJ can't read the old tag,I don't use iTunes for my music library.WHY updates & itunes will have all my music,I just use it to rip all my music then I keep all my music in a music folder only for music,And make all my tag changing in VDJ info,the PC change info in the music folder,but the Mac will not change the info in my music folder.

Posted Wed 22 Feb 12 @ 12:43 am
Not sure if you're saying "just don't use Itunes" but that's what it sounded like :-)

Anyone able to tell me how to correct the file path where VDJ is looking for my music files?

G

Posted Wed 22 Feb 12 @ 8:00 pm
I'm just wondering why you have so much faith in iTunes? It is another CRAP of softwares that apple created. Years ago i can't organized my playlist without iTune but iTunes did horrible things on playlist when i did and updates and i let iTunes to manage my database automatically and iTunes misplaced all my mp3's everywhere and there it took more than a year for me to recover and get it back in the right locations. Organizing it manually by your own is the best way and easy to remember where are those things that you need most and those that are not.

But anyway here are some of the few discussion about changing paths in iTunes just check hopes that this could help you.
http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/128627/MAC_Version_Technical_Support/Change_Path_of_iTunes_Library.html

Posted Thu 23 Feb 12 @ 11:10 am
One solution I've found is to open iTunes and select the song, and then drag & drop it onto a deck in VDJ. This is working for me, and resolved some issues I had after upgrading to the iCloud implementation.

Posted Sun 26 Feb 12 @ 2:47 pm
CatapPRO InfinityMember since 2005
cesarcastillo wrote :
I'm just wondering why you have so much faith in iTunes? It is another CRAP of softwares that apple created. Years ago i can't organized my playlist without iTune but iTunes did horrible things on playlist when i did and updates and i let iTunes to manage my database automatically and iTunes misplaced all my mp3's everywhere and there it took more than a year for me to recover and get it back in the right locations. Organizing it manually by your own is the best way and easy to remember where are those things that you need most and those that are not.

I used to think like you about itunes many years ago, but once you really learn how to manage the collection with itunes, believe me, itunes is the BEST software out there to organize the music.

I donĀ“t know what you did with your previous database but I think you forget to make a backup of your previous collection before make test with itunes ! That was your fault or itunes fault ??

Posted Tue 28 Feb 12 @ 4:33 am
rsfan14PRO InfinityMember since 2012
Did you every find a solution? I have the exact same issue now. Worked fine on PC, I switched over to Mac, got iTunes working and now can't get songs to play in VDJ

Help, anyone?

Posted Thu 05 Apr 12 @ 11:17 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003

Posted Thu 05 Apr 12 @ 11:36 pm
Tymms78Home userMember since 2014
I CAN'T PLAY MY ITUNES PLAYLIST OR ANY MUSIC FROM ITUNES WITH CUE.

THIS IS GETTING ON MY LAST NERVE, CAN ANYONE HELP ME PLEASE! SMH

Posted Tue 24 Feb 15 @ 9:06 am
Please refrain from SHOUTING. Please do not dig up very old topics.

What version of iTunes? What Mac OS?

Posted Tue 24 Feb 15 @ 9:48 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)