Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Recording microphone with a mix with virtual dj

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

djcrs1PRO InfinityMember since 2011
Hi there everyone i have an issue and need some professional help,I am using Numark DJIO sound card and a MIXX TRACK controller using on a MACBOOK PRO 13 inch computer.I can record my mixes fine and the only issue is i cannot RECORD MY MIC INPUT.The reason being is that The NUMARK DJIO routes the mic only to the speaker out.I contacted VIRTUAL DJ SUPPORT and they recommend me using a splitter on the Main audio output of the DJIO and routing one set of outputs to the speakers and the other set to the HEADPHONE jack on my macbook pro.I did all the necessary wiring correct then i have to go into VIRTUAL DJ ADVANCED SET UP and use a recording loop option then i will be able to record the MICROPHONE.Im not sure if i am setting the options up correct and i am not sure were in the MACBOOK PRO 13 late 2009 model option is to change the headphone jack to line in.If anyone can tell me how to do this or help it will be nice thanks all

Posted Sun 22 Jan 12 @ 6:08 pm
djcrs1PRO InfinityMember since 2011
Guess no one knows how to do this or no need to record the microphone,I asked tech support numerous times and they were not sure,Thanks anyway

Posted Wed 25 Jan 12 @ 7:10 pm

Posted Wed 25 Jan 12 @ 8:30 pm
Haui70PRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2008
What is Virtual DJ Advanced Audio? inside the Mac OSX Config?

Normaly you have only to switch the Mic Input to Sound LineIn (Don't know the exact name now)

When you now connect the Master Output (External Mixer or DJIO) via cable with the Mac Mic Input, VDJ will Record or Broadcast the incomming signal.

The Advanced config abvove is wrong!
It seems you like to use your DJIO as the soundcard and a external mixer like a DJM350 for mixing.

Then you have to use the following setting.

Deck1 - Numark USB Audio Device (DJIO) - Output 1&2
Deck2 - Numark USB Audio Device (DJIO) - Output 3&4
Record Loopback - Mac Buildin Soundcard - Input 1&2

Headphone Isn't needed here, because the headphone is connected with your external mixer.

BUT when you mean with MIXX TRACK the Numark Mixtrack, you have to use the following setting!

Master - Numark USB Audio Device (DJIO) - Output 1&2
Headphone - Numark USB Audio Device (DJIO) - Output 3&4
Record Loopback - Mac Buildin Soundcard - Input 1&2

In this case you have to split the DJIO Master Ouput with some y-cables.
One pair goes to the speakers and the other pair must be connected with the mac buildin soundcard!

Then it will work!

Posted Thu 26 Jan 12 @ 7:37 am
HOW CAN I RECORD MICROPHONE WITH A MIX WITH VIRTUAL DJ?

Posted Tue 20 Jan 15 @ 8:08 pm
Hi out there I am using Pioneer ddi SX. Can Somme one help me out on how to RECORD MICROPHONE WITH A MIX WITH VIRTUAL DJ 8?

Posted Tue 20 Jan 15 @ 8:15 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)