Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Which will come out first VDJ 8, Dota 2, or Diablo III? - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Curiously we haven't heard any updates on VDJ 8 and it's progress since the last press release, which is coming up on the 2 month mark now.

Is there any new information about the product that we can get yet?

Posted Sat 21 Jan 12 @ 8:54 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Yes, it is still in development and an announcement will be pending once we are confident that it will be ready to release.

Posted Sat 21 Jan 12 @ 9:12 pm
what is dota2 and diabilo

Posted Sun 22 Jan 12 @ 5:12 am
Is Dota an extension to e existin virtual dj programs or ts brand new

Posted Sun 22 Jan 12 @ 7:53 am
For as far as I can see using Google, Dota 2 and Diablo III are games...
If that's true I don't know what that has gor to do with VDJ or the latest new release date.

This what I have posted in another topic:

"It is Atomix Production's policy not to set release dates or disclose details of features that are planned or will be present in the next version.

This is to avoid disappointment should it not be possible to meet the deadline or include a feature for any reason.

The next version of VirtualDJ will be released once it has been finished and fully tested by the beta testing team.

When the next version is released, an announcement will be made in the forums along with details of what new features have been added to the software. You can see a summary of previous updates on the VirtualDJ History page(http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/VirtualDJ%20History.html) ."

Posted Sun 22 Jan 12 @ 9:03 am
my money is on Ryan Seacrest... i think he will come out first...

Posted Sun 22 Jan 12 @ 10:37 am
djrasza wrote :
my money is on Ryan Seacrest... i think he will come out first...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA! Its 5am and I think I just woke my neighbours up from laughing so hard.

Posted Sun 22 Jan 12 @ 3:02 pm
cstoll wrote :
Yes, it is still in development and an announcement will be pending once we are confident that it will be ready to release.

No teasers or screen shots? I'm curious if the default GUI changed. While I respect the release date decision (as is common practice for all companies to remain hush) even a shred of information that highlights one of the key new features would be nice.

And yes Diablo III and Dota 2 are games that have the same "will be released soon**" status as VDJ8 it was a joke don't think too much into it, you're dating yourselves lol.

"What's this there fancy button thingamajig with the lights and stuff"

Posted Sun 22 Jan 12 @ 3:52 pm
As already quoted earlier in this post as per the original wiki post found here: http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/When%20will%20the%20next%20version%20of%20VirtualDJ%20be%20released.html

Quote :

It is Atomix Production's policy not to set release dates or disclose details of features that are planned or will be present in the next version. This is to avoid disappointment should it not be possible to meet the deadline or include a feature for any reason. The next version of VirtualDJ will be released once it has been finished and fully tested by the beta testing team. When the next version is released, an announcement will be made in the forums along with details of what new features have been added to the software.

As for teasers and screen shots - we appreciate your enthusiasm but this will not change anything. This information (if any) will come available as per Atomix Productions discretion.

In the mean time, please enjoy the current and very stable version of the software that is available to you.

Posted Sun 22 Jan 12 @ 8:09 pm
This is the longest its taken for Automix to put out an update in the history of VDJ. The longest its ever been was 3-4 months with an adverage monthly to one month update. Were pulling up on 6 months now still twittleing our thumbs and losing gigs waiting on an update.. I sure I hope it comes soon, and even more I hope it benefits us Mac OS users who also appreciate using effects like text to screen, and other effects that can only be used on PC. Maybe the videos will be more stable and use more of the wonderful Mac OS resources as apposed to relying on an unstable VDJ script. Now that would be nice. I personally dont care for Traktor at all but at this point, my lively hood may rely on it and I may have to crossover! I sure hope that update comes.

Posted Sat 11 Feb 12 @ 7:28 pm
If you're "losing gigs waiting on an update", it might be time to re-evaluate the whole DJ thing.

Posted Sat 11 Feb 12 @ 8:10 pm
J-SnipPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I am curious as heck to know exactly how one loses gigs waiting on an update??

Posted Sat 11 Feb 12 @ 8:33 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
lightningfb wrote :
Were pulling up on 6 months now still twittleing our thumbs and losing gigs waiting on an update..

As the previous posters have mentioned I cannot see how you are losing gigs waiting on an update? If something isn't working for you then I recommend you start a thread or contact us in support to see if we can help you out.

lightningfb wrote :
I hope it benefits us Mac OS users who also appreciate using effects like text to screen, and other effects that can only be used on PC.

I can easily address this point though. At present there are three solutions for text to screen in VDJ - Firetext, Pangolin and iWall. All three are made by other companies. If you want them to support the Mac you need to ask them. Atomix cannot do this as they didn't create those plugins.

As for other Mac plugins if you check you will have seen some activity on that front - I'm currently in the process of porting/recreating plugins for the Mac platform.

lightningfb wrote :
Maybe the videos will be more stable and use more of the wonderful Mac OS resources as apposed to relying on an unstable VDJ script.

I'm not sure how videos rely on VDJScript at all, or what you think is unstable about VDJScript or videos to be honest.

lightningfb wrote :
I personally dont care for Traktor at all but at this point, my lively hood may rely on it and I may have to crossover!

This statement baffles me. All your posts have been about video related matters. Then you mention switching to Traktor - which has absolutely no video support?

Posted Sat 11 Feb 12 @ 8:39 pm
well hope it would be the best att:djguillermos

Posted Mon 12 Mar 12 @ 7:41 am
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
@SBDJ I really enjoy reading your responses. Logical not emotional.

@lightningfb I agree with SBDJ, this should not effect you loosing gig's. If Atomix was to release it before it was ready, then release 115 patches, it would be compared to Vista and no one would stick around for it. I have been very happy with the stability and features since v5, new updates have just been like icing. Not sure what "more of the wonderful Mac OS resources" is that you need to get to? Maybe I'll have to get a Mac to see why it's so much worse than a PC, wait, it's a Mac, it shouldn't have any problems.
By the way, have you tried booting into windows so you can have all the features and compare them on the same hardware, maybe it's the OS you don't like, and don't even know it.

Posted Mon 12 Mar 12 @ 8:30 am
Hi,

Can I say first of all how happy I have been with virtual DJ (bought as cue) up until 7.05. I have been having issues since I changed to this version. I'm using an i5 with 8 gigs RAM and a 512mb Nvidia Graphics card. Will the new version be a rebuild from the ground up or is it building on 7.05? Thanking you in advance for your time.

Anthony.

Posted Wed 04 Apr 12 @ 2:58 pm
Its from the ground up

Posted Thu 05 Apr 12 @ 2:49 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
We should all want it to work, dont rush!

Posted Thu 05 Apr 12 @ 1:17 pm
May subscribe for the new version 8
That you let us know by mail When he competes
Peter

Posted Mon 25 Jun 12 @ 2:35 am
jakovskiPRO InfinityStaffMember since 2006
As you do own a LE version - not shure if you get V8. All Professional Full users get a free update - as in the past.

Greets, Heiko

Posted Mon 25 Jun 12 @ 2:41 am
56%