Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: sampler/effects/beat pad?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I am looking to get something I can integrate easily in to VDJ and use as a sampler/effects/beat pad. I looked at the Akai APC20 and MPD18. I would describe myself as an intermediate recreational DJ. What would be best? I am trying not to spend too much money on this...hopefully under $300

Posted Thu 12 Jan 12 @ 8:12 am

Posted Thu 12 Jan 12 @ 8:29 am
I have never mapped anything before...is it relatively easy?

Posted Thu 12 Jan 12 @ 12:17 pm
its pretty easy to do simple mapping, the learning curve is about an afternoon, complex stuff is more using about creative thought than anything, then breaking down the actions into individual parts and setting them in a logical sequence.

I should have also said that I have an mpd24, the pads when they are stiff are good, but the more you use them the more sweat gets into them and the softer they become, now mine are very soft and to trigger then you need to hit the centre of the pad, which you can feel the switch in there, they no longer have aftertouch, this can be fixed by getting corks and phat pads, but mpd definately doesn't equal mpc quality, this was also just posted on djtechtools, it seems absolutly perfect for the function you are after...

Posted Thu 12 Jan 12 @ 12:29 pm
You will need to upgrade to the full VirtualDJ Pro at a discount to use other MIDI controllers besides your DJ console: http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html

Your Console Edition only supports using either the RMX or MP3e2 (Depending on which version you install.) Your RMX version entitles you to a significant discount off upgrading.

Posted Thu 12 Jan 12 @ 1:47 pm
Ok got it. The Midi Fighter looks wicked nice too, I like how you can customize all the stuff. I know I have to upgrade, I will once I have enough $$$

Posted Thu 12 Jan 12 @ 4:21 pm
midi fighter or traktor kontrol x1?

Posted Mon 16 Jan 12 @ 11:26 am
I use and Akai LPD8. compact and pretty easy to use. 8 buttons, 8 knobs, and 3 modes, allowing 24 buttons (modes work on buttons only). my mapper is on the site.

Posted Thu 19 Jan 12 @ 3:26 pm
Dj triple9 PM sent

Posted Thu 16 Feb 12 @ 6:13 pm
technzPRO InfinityMember since 2011
that pic is the soon to be released Traktor Kontrol F1, keep an eye out for my mapper soon after its release

Posted Thu 15 Mar 12 @ 5:53 am
How can I add more than 12 sampler in virtual dj 7 pro I have slot of samplers to use. Plz help!!!

Posted Mon 29 May 17 @ 5:38 am
In future please do not post at the end of threads over a year old. This one has been dead for five years.

There is a plugin available here https://www.virtualdj.com/addons/16084/Sampler48.html but you will need to register your Pro license before you will be able to download it. Or of course Pro license holders can upgrade free to VDJ 8 which has no restrictions on sample slots

Posted Mon 29 May 17 @ 7:38 am
Can my name(Dj Bol Tong Amel) be made as samplers so that i can upload them use them in Vrtual Dj Remix

Posted Sun 01 Nov 20 @ 5:30 am
Dj Bol Tong Amel wrote :
Can my name(Dj Bol Tong Amel) be made as samplers so that i can upload them use them in Vrtual Dj Remix

Sure, if you pay someone to record your tag line. Idk what "upload to Virtual DJ Remix" would be though.

Posted Mon 02 Nov 20 @ 11:17 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)