Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Confusion with setting up headphones/speakers for cueing.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

BelgarHome userMember since 2012
Hello,
I've been looking around this site and the internet but I have a problem which I don't really understand. I recently bought a Hercules MIDI mixer along with a 4.1 capable soundcard. The mixer set up fine but I am having trouble setting up my headphones/speakers so that I can cue. Currently my config. settings are set to:

INPUTS: None
OUTPUTS: Headphones (Master: Front Output/Headphones: Rear Output)
SOUND CARD: 4.1 card (Speakers (2-USB Sound Device))

In the labelled slots on the external USB sound card I have my headphones in the 'rear out' slot and my speakers in the 'front out' slot. But I can't get any sound through either my headphones or my speakers when I go into VDJ, or on any programme for that matter. It is a brand new sound card which is recognised by the programme as well as by my computer when I first plugged it in. When I hover over my sound settings on the task bar at the bottom of my PC, it says I am using a "2- USB sound device". I don't know if I am just making a really obvious mistake but nothing I have seen has worked for me yet and I can't get any sound when I put speakers/headphones through the sound card. I assume I am plugging my headphones and speakers into the sound card correctly, my headphones have one jack which I plug into the slot, while at the back of my speakers there are 6 different holes, and I have tried putting the lead into all of them but still get no sound. My main speaker is connected to two smaller speakers via leads if that is contributing to the problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I don't really know what to do!

Posted Mon 02 Jan 12 @ 1:04 pm
Try to set your soundcard in the config menu as this:

INPUTS: NONE
OUTPUTS: 3-LINE MIXER
- (Chan-1&2 Deck 1 / Chan-3&4 Deck 2 / Chan-5&6 Headphones) or see what is on the drop down menu to choose.
- (Chan-1&2 Front / Chan-3&4 Rear / Chan-5&6 Headphones) some soundcard look like this in the drop down menu.
SOUND CARD: 4.1 card 2-USB Sound Device (This should be your soundcard name selected)

You are almost there... just try to tweak them by interchanging the channels as sometimes soundcard assignments on channels are differently assigned from the other. So try to listen where is right, left or rear and have them assigned in the VDJ sound setup carefully. You have to do some works around here to try different setting on the output (3-LINE MIXER/2-LINE MIXER AND MANY MORE OPTION).

Posted Tue 03 Jan 12 @ 3:30 am
DJ PhatsoPRO InfinityHercules Support TeamMember since 2005

Posted Tue 03 Jan 12 @ 8:47 am
hello i have a frustrating problem with cueing and monitoring a song whilst the other song is played via speaker.

i have m audio midi interface which has the a/b function that allows me to cue.

when i press this button, there is silence. whilst now the music is still played out on the speaker.
so the two songs are played out on the speaker, instead of having one song played via my speakers so i can monitor and cue as intended .

maybe it is cause i have free version of virtual dj.

anyway if i can't solve it, i am buying from a music store so their is real support

nicholas

Posted Mon 16 Jan 12 @ 6:15 am
I have a headphone with a USB cable, which has its own soundcard. Is there a way to use this for cueing? How do I set it up? Thanks!

Posted Thu 02 Aug 12 @ 4:48 pm
Can someone please help me configure my headphones with VDJ8? I use the Numark DJ2GO Controller which doesn't have a built in headphone jack and am using the internal sound card on my laptop.

Posted Fri 15 Aug 14 @ 11:19 am
DJ PhatsoPRO InfinityHercules Support TeamMember since 2005
DJ Phatso wrote :

This guide will give you an example of the configuration you should use with an external USB 5.1 soundcard in order to get both MAIN output and headphone preview.

Posted Mon 18 Aug 14 @ 7:29 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)