Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Serato crates?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

djcityPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Hi.

I hate asking the same question in more than one forum but I figured this would be the right place to ask. If a mod wants to move my other post to this forum, please feel free to do so.

My question is... How do I get VDJ to read serato crates on my MBP? Can VDJ read serato crates on a MBP?

Posted Tue 22 Nov 11 @ 9:18 pm
djcityPRO InfinityMember since 2005
May I please have an answer?

Posted Wed 23 Nov 11 @ 11:25 am
djcity wrote :
May I please have an answer?

I have both MAC OSX (snow leopard) and PC (64 bits Windows 7 home edition) and Xone DX Controller Mapped to Virtual DJ as i'm also using serato. I can read all the serato crates i have created and i was able to use my crates in Virtual DJ by doing this setup: go to "config": then "browser" : then thick mark the "show crates" then click ok. But unfortunately it works only in PC and i'm trying to do this in MAC OSX but no way. I think at this time as i observe Window OS is now becoming far more better than MAC there are countless of many cases that windows have more flexibilities than MAC.

Posted Thu 24 Nov 11 @ 12:26 pm
Dear staff of VDJ,

Please give us a solution for CRATES on MAC . Please urgently to fix this bug and please answer to our message

thank you

Posted Sun 18 Dec 11 @ 4:58 am
This is not a "BUG" as it is only an optional supports by the Virtual DJ TEAM to favour the VDJ users to use the serato crates in VDJ it was an amazing additional features that favours the VDJ users but after serato knowing that VDJ was able to have this, they immediately have the serato 2.0 updates to change the name and the location of the database of the crates where VDJ are accessing it to imports the crates onto VDJ browser windows. But on older version of serato like 1.6 crates are easily recognized by VDJ.

After doing some experiment and tweaking all the possibilities on the data how would it works now i got it work both for mac & pc and you don't need to create another crates for VDJ because i can use my serato crates.

Posted Sun 18 Dec 11 @ 12:04 pm
can you explain how?

Posted Tue 06 Mar 12 @ 1:14 pm

Posted Tue 06 Mar 12 @ 11:09 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Excellent Post Cesar! The same theory can be applied to itunes..

Posted Wed 07 Mar 12 @ 11:57 am
Hello guys,

Thanks Cesar !

After all steps is activade as read only but i cannot use it . Other comment or genre made in serato not apper in vdj

Can you help me please ?

Posted Sun 11 Mar 12 @ 1:36 am
Your error is basically happen in source database files. Your Virtual DJ and Serato must have a common place where your database is located i have seen errors with some users too in the beginning but then this errors happens only when some of the songs are located in the External Drives and that song will give you errors while loading if you external is currently not connected. Don't migrate your crates to another computer it is best to use this features with VDJ & Serato installed in the same machines and database together. You must plug your external drive back and rescan your database so that VDJ & Serato would updates where those files are located physically and when done just right click the CRATES in VDJ browser window and a pop up message "RELOAD" appear click it so that a refresh will perform to reload your Crates and then you can starts loading files within the crates and it will work fine. Regarding some TAGS haven't check it yet because i prepare to have mine in VDJ so i don't have any issues on that.

Posted Sun 11 Mar 12 @ 3:45 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)