Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: VDJ Pro Basic vs Pro Full--any differences?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi,

I'm new to the DJ world and looking to purcahse either the Pro Basic or Pro Full software. I have 2 x Staton T-62 TT, Numark M101 mixer, Maya 44 sound card, and 2 x Serato time coded vinyls. I'm trying to find if the Pro Basic would work with this time coded setup. Are there any differences between the VDJ Pro Basic and Pro Full? Do you guys think it's user friendly for new DJ's? any info would be greatly appreciated!

thanks guys

Posted Tue 15 Nov 11 @ 9:46 am
DJ_SVOPRO InfinityMember since 2006

Posted Tue 15 Nov 11 @ 10:39 am
Thanks! great info.

Posted Tue 15 Nov 11 @ 10:42 am
DJMistaCPRO InfinityVDJ Radio TeamMember since 2009
VDJ Pro FUll has some advantages over VDJ Pro Basic as far as the tc like mentioned above. VDJ is one of the most user friendly software you can find out there right now. Hope to see you as a Pro Full user and maybe even on virtual DJ Radio.

Happy Mixing
Charlie C

Posted Tue 15 Nov 11 @ 11:31 am
thanks charlie! how about the setup? I hear problems about not getting signal with the serato time coded vinyls. is that true in most cases?

Posted Tue 15 Nov 11 @ 12:30 pm
chris_s2k wrote :
thanks charlie! how about the setup? I hear problems about not getting signal with the serato time coded vinyls. is that true in most cases?

Yes you are right. It is because according to serato users forum the VDJ time coded vinyls is better than serato because serato vinyl uses noise coded data not binary coded.

Posted Tue 15 Nov 11 @ 1:35 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
cesarcastillo wrote :
chris_s2k wrote :

Yes you are right. It is because according to serato users forum the VDJ time coded vinyls is better than serato because serato vinyl uses noise coded data not binary coded.

Well considering this is the VirutalDJ forum and since the Serato forum users don't know anything about our time code support engine ... that would be an incorrect statement.

The 'signal' quality really comes down to 2 factors - quality of sound card and quality if the needles being used.

Cheap card + Cheap needles = poor signal quality.

We actually suggest the use of the Rane CV-02 (SSL) Vinyl.
Needle suggestion are the SHURE M44-7 cartridges
Sound cards (there are a lot) but - the Hercules DeeJay Trim is a good starting point.

Posted Tue 15 Nov 11 @ 3:12 pm
So is there a difference between the 2 timecodes?? If so what is it??

Thanks for the info
Huey

Posted Tue 15 Nov 11 @ 4:54 pm
pretty sure it's the Hertz (frequency) the signal is made... kind of like ticks per rotation in terms of midi.

serato has 1000hz
traktor has 2000hz
dont know what numark has... probably 500hz

Posted Tue 15 Nov 11 @ 11:41 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)