Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: MIXTRACK PRO OUTPUT 1 & 2 PLUS HEADPHONE CUE PROBLEM

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I've been searching for hours and can't find a definite answer on the problem I am having. I apologize in advance if this has been covered already but I searched and searched and couldn't find the answer so finally I gave up and am asking here.

I have Virtual DJ Pro, an HP laptop, a pair of headphones, and a Mixtrack Pro. I have two stereos, a boombox in my room right next to my laptop, and a surround sound receiver in my living room. What I want to do is listen to the master audio on both stereos at the same time and use the headphone jack on the MTP to cue the music. I can't figure out how to set everything to only play the master audio on both outputs and NOT play the cue track on output 2. Is this even possible or is output 2 on the MTP always going to play the cue/headphone track. Reading the instruction manual from Numark for the MTP says that I can split the audio so the master plays from output 1 and 2 but I can't figure out how. I tried setting the advanced setup to master on channel 1&2, 3&4, 5&6, 7&8 and it didn't work. I tried changing them individually as decks and I even tried to split the channels into mono left and right settings and that didn't work either.

Can someone please help me figure it out or at least tell me that there isn't any way to seperate the output 2 from the headphone so I can go to sleep finally.

The reason why I want to do it this way is because I have a huge RCA cable from my room to the living room so when we have parties or people over the music will play from my surround sound and I want to use the small stereo in my room to hear what they are hearing without adding to the noise yet still cue the next song in my headphones. Am I asking for too much?

Posted Thu 10 Nov 11 @ 12:22 am
No, this is not possible. The sound card in the MixTrack Pro is a 4-out (2 stereo) card and can either output a single master + headphones, or alternatively output the left and right decks separately to an external DJ mixer using the two outputs on the back.

In master + headphones mode, output 1 will always be the master and output 2 will be a duplicate of the headphone output.

If you wish to connect it to two different audio systems, the only way you could do this is to use Y cables on output 1.

Alternatively, if one of your sound systems has a record (REC) output, you can use this to link the audio from your first sound system to your second (So the second outputs the same audio as the first.)

Posted Thu 10 Nov 11 @ 4:57 am
Thank you so much for the help. At least I know that it's not possible at all with the MTP.

However, I was able to split the outputs into a left and right signal respectively and then put the headphones as output 3 in the advanced settings. That seemed to work well enough as long as I put the rca's into each output. So I turned output 1 into the left signal of the master audio track, and output 2 is the right signal of the master audio track. I set the headphones to be output 3 and that worked for what I was originally trying to do. So I have the rca cables from both stereos connected to to output 1 and 2 together and it works fine.

Thank you again for the help, I really stayed up pretty late trying every different setting I could think of.

Posted Thu 10 Nov 11 @ 11:36 am
You've probably already answered this question, but its hard to search for because its kind of an odd question... SO here goes.

My Setup:
computer
computer speakers
mixtrack pro
virtual dj le (20 day pro trial version) but normally just the LE that came with the mixtrack
headphones

MTP hooked to computer, computer speakers hooked to MTP ( through output 2), headphones hooked to headphone jack in MTP.

Right now, Im hearing the same thing in my speakers as I am in my headphones. I know all about the cue mix knob, and the crossfader position. thats not the problem.

My Problem: Cant figure out how to split the audio. I want to be able to hear the program track on the computer speakers and the cue track in my headphones without hearing both in my headphones and the computer speakers unless i use the crossfader.

Can you help me? Is this even possible?

Posted Thu 05 Jan 12 @ 5:27 pm
I've never tried to use the computer speakers to play any sound since I always use the audio out of the Mixtrack Pro to play the sound to my stereo. I would imagine that you could set it in the settings page but I honestly don't know. If you're still having trouble I can try to look at it when I get home and see if I can replicate your problem and how to fix it.

Posted Fri 04 May 12 @ 10:35 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)