Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Pioneer DDJ ERGO V and VDJ PRO - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Just picked up a Pioneer DDJ ERGO V, have used a Hercules RMX for long time with VDJ PRO.
A small trick for you if you if you are already using a VDJ PRO - but want the mapping and Skin from the VDJ LE that comes with the controller.

For MAC (Maybe it's the same for PC, but I haven't tried it)
1) Install the LE version from your Pioneer bundle
2) Un-install the LE version - the skins and mapping in the "Documents" stays on the mac
3) Re install your PRO version

Maybe there is a better way (?) but that worked for me.

- Now i only need my Mic to work again...I believe I did the right thing (Switch on back on the DDJ, configuration of Mic input to DDJ - input 1+2) but no luck yet...

Any inputs concerning the Pioneer DDJ ERGO V - e.g. how you handle that there is only 4 Sample keys in each side (How do you trigger the last 2 in VDJ- if you want to do it from the controller) are most welcome.

BTW: after 24 hrs with the controller, quite happy :-)

Posted Sun 30 Oct 11 @ 3:26 am
geramixPRO InfinityMember since 2006
what about the jogs??? they going to fast !

Posted Tue 08 Nov 11 @ 12:20 pm
Hey Frontsite,

Thanks for the info on transfering the skins etc from LE to PRO. I have one issue.... I too have the Ergo V and unfortunately my optical/dvd/cd drive on my mac book pro doesn't work so i had to copy contents of the LE disc to a usb and install that way.

The drivers for the controller however are in a windows executable file and not a .dmg for Mac.

I have searched high and low but to no avail to try and find the driver file for mac to install.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,
DJ Dwayne Anthony.

Posted Sun 13 Nov 11 @ 11:26 am
2brucePRO InfinityMember since 2011
Just got DDJ ERGO and not mapped to VDJ PRO I read that I need to installVDJ LE then uninstall and mapping will stay on my Mac

is this right?

20,000 plays on Soundlcoud since may 2011 http://soundcloud.com/miami_mania

Posted Wed 16 Nov 11 @ 8:11 pm
DDJ ERGO with VIRTUAL DJ PRO ... I have already VDJ PRO for PC. Same problem. I believe and I hope that from the website of Virtual DJ we can download very soon the skin DDJ ERGO. Incredible if I have the best version and I have to install and un-install ... What do you think?

Posted Thu 17 Nov 11 @ 2:41 am
frontsite wrote :
Any inputs concerning the Pioneer DDJ ERGO V - e.g. how you handle that there is only 4 Sample keys in each side (How do you trigger the last 2 in VDJ- if you want to do it from the controller) are most welcome.

Hold the shift button and you have 4 more

Posted Sun 20 Nov 11 @ 9:38 am
The Mac version does not use drivers. The unit is CORE Audio compliant and does not need drivers installed to work.

The skin will not be added to the downloads ... If you want to use the ERGO skin then simply install the LE product and it will be in your Skins folder for PRO.

As for the PRO install not supporting the ERGO - you need to download the latest version AGAIN. If you had previously upgraded to 7.0.5b before the ERGO was released, then it was there - just not available. We activated it in the 7.0.5b installer after the unit released to the public. So, just download the updated version of the 7.0.5b installer and install again.

If you are experiencing problems with the unit not being recognized after installing Pioneer's latest firmware - please look in the OSX Audio/MIDI Setup utility and make sure the unit is still named --> PIONEER DDJ-ERGO <-- If it is not properly named then please rename.

Posted Sun 20 Nov 11 @ 11:18 am
Support staff wrote :
As for the PRO install not supporting the ERGO - you need to download the latest version AGAIN. If you had previously upgraded to 7.0.5b before the ERGO was released, then it was there - just not available. We activated it in the 7.0.5b installer after the unit released to the public. So, just download the updated version of the 7.0.5b installer and install again.

After having done what you said, it almost works.
the sync button on the left do not work anymore, what could be the reason?
I've reinstalled everything 2 times,and it remains so.

Posted Mon 21 Nov 11 @ 1:58 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
If you are using the 4 deck interface then you need to understand how to implement the selection of MasterDeck into your workflow.

With just 2 decks it is intuitive enough that when you press 'sync' on a deck then you want to synchronize to the opposite deck. When you are using more than 2 decks that intuition is not easy decided - so you have to first select which deck you want to now synchronize to. That selected deck is called the Master Deck. If you press the 'sync' button on the deck that is already the Master Deck then nothing will happen - because it can't sync to itself :)

Posted Mon 21 Nov 11 @ 7:28 am
What is the solution for the jogs running too fast? If set on the lower sensitivity, it's not running fluidly. (VDJ Pro 7.0.5)

Posted Tue 22 Nov 11 @ 7:04 pm
About the sync button, if you find nothing happens when you press it you'll need to hold the shift button and then press sync to set the master deck. Repressing sync should work now, well I found it did anyway!

Posted Wed 23 Nov 11 @ 12:44 pm
Version 7.0.5 (b370) Jog issue : reverse flow and very fast spinning ,can't be adjusted from options
Any solution?

ps: in the trial version of Virtual Pro tha is included with the controller everything works perfect

Posted Sat 26 Nov 11 @ 9:12 am
I agree with @Stelios23K. I am having the same problem.

Posted Sun 27 Nov 11 @ 6:32 pm
I too have this problem with VDJ 7.0.5 and DDJ-Ergo

Posted Mon 28 Nov 11 @ 1:20 am
Have you guys updated to the latest version? Although you may have the latest version - it might not be the latest download of that version. Redownload it and try again as mine works fine.

Posted Mon 28 Nov 11 @ 12:02 pm
Hi people,
Ive got VDJ version 7.0.5 trying to use my pioner ddj ergo but got jog issue reverse flow on jog and very fast spinning ,can't be adjusted from options
i need help??........

Plus in the trial version of Virtual Pro that is included with the controller everything works perfect i just want 2 start using the pro....!!!!

Also tryd all updates still no joy ; (

Posted Sun 12 Feb 12 @ 4:48 pm
Please register your Pioneer DDJ Ergo VirtualDJ LE serial number on the page http://www.virtualdj.com/users/edit.html and then down the latest version from the Download Center: http://www.virtualdj.com/download/updates.html

Also, download and install the latest firmware and drivers for the Ergo from Pioneer's website: http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Common%20Device%20Drivers.html

NOTE: VirtualDJ LE entitles you to a discount off the cost of upgrading to Pro. To receive this, please go to http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html and enter your VirtualDJ LE serial number in the box provided.

Posted Sun 12 Feb 12 @ 5:48 pm
"About the sync button, if you find nothing happens when you press it you'll need to hold the shift button and then press sync to set the master deck. Repressing sync should work now, well I found it did anyway!"

Thank you Tomas252! I have been trying to figure this out for days!

Posted Fri 24 Feb 12 @ 12:38 am
i got today my DDJ Ergo and after register the VTD LE, i upgraded to the VTD Pro Full, but the software didn't reconize the Pioneer Controler. When i try to open the program I got the message " error in the ASIO sound driver and after than the message "protection error 2. Please contact us". Does someone know what I need to do???

Posted Sat 27 Oct 12 @ 1:36 pm
59%