Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: "Mark" a song as played?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

JynxxPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Ok, in this "other software", when you play a song it changes the song's font to green to show that you have played it before.
Is there ANY way to do something similar in VDJ? I find myself scanning through 800+ acapellas for my "go to" ones, whereas if the ones I have already played were highlited I could mentally filter out the rest and just scan those.
Is there any ideas on how to do this? And if there is a feature in VDJ that does this already, forgive me. I have yet to find it then, obviously lol.

Posted Mon 24 Oct 11 @ 7:26 am
If you have played a song within the current session then its disc icon changes to red and it is moved to the bottom of the list if you have your songs sorted into 'smart' order (The default.)

If you add the PlayCount and/or LastPlayed columns, then you will be able to more easily distinguish songs that you have played before. If the songs are sorted into 'smart' order, then the most commonly played songs that you haven't played in your current session will be near the top of the list.

Changing the font colour for individual songs and/or high-lighting songs in the browser isn't currently possible. You can ask in the wishes & new features forum if you would like to see this feature in a future version.

Also, in future, please post in the correct forum. Your question has nothing to do with VirtualDJ plugins (Effects, mappers, etc.)

Posted Mon 24 Oct 11 @ 7:53 am
Thank you for your reply :)
I was asking in the plugins section because I didn't think it was possible to do what I was asking normally, and therefore was wondering if it was possible via plugin. I should have stated "Is it possible to make a plugin for it" instead of "is it possible to do this". I figured that since it was in the plugins section that it would be assumed I meant it that way.

Also, I don't mean per session. I mean, is there any way to make a plugin that marks as song as having been played previously. I just hate going through 1000 songs to find the ones I play most often. I know there is a "play count" and "last played" field, but I really just want the track to have a different font color or be highlighted. It is just easier than scanning through 1,2,1,1,1,0,5,1,1,1,0,0,0,0 if you know what I mean.
So basically, if I played "Unfoolish" by Ashanti, but not "Unfoolish [remix]" I want the played one to be highlighted, so I can just quickly scan through my whole list for songs I have already played. It is hard to describe, but that just makes going through the database much easier when you have tens of thousands of songs in various smart folders and virtual folders. Scanning for just a different color is just easier than reading, it takes less brain power and is faster. I'll add it to the wishlist, but I am just wondering if it might be possible via plugin now.
Like...
<if "playcount" = 1
then font color = "green">
That is in no way any type of language, I was just using it as a demonstration of how I think it MIGHT be able to work as a plugin. I know that there is something that controls the font color, so there might be a way to change the color based on the play count. No?

Posted Mon 24 Oct 11 @ 8:16 am
Also, I don't know what you mean by smart order. I organize them by BPM.

Posted Mon 24 Oct 11 @ 8:18 am
No, it's not currently possible via a plugin. Only the overall font colour of the browser can be changed, and this is determined by the skin that you are using.

'smart' order is what you get when you click on the icon column (The one with the disc icon to indicate the type and status of each song.) If you sort by this, then usually the most played songs will be at the top, so all you have to do is look near the top of the browser to find the most played songs.) Songs that have already been played in the current session move to the bottom of the list when smart order is chosen.

Alternatively, if you wish still sort by by BPM, you could create a filter folder to list songs with playcount>0 (Or another number of your choice.)

Posted Mon 24 Oct 11 @ 9:21 am
Ooo!!! THAT is a great idea! I never thought of doing that, thank you :)
So then for my "acapellas" for example, l would just make a smart folder that has a parameter saying it has to have "acapella" in the file name and has a playcount >0, right?

Posted Mon 24 Oct 11 @ 5:59 pm

Posted Tue 25 Oct 11 @ 3:47 am
Thank you!!

Posted Tue 25 Oct 11 @ 8:33 am
Ok I did...

filename contains "acapella" and nbplay>0

...and it puts in all my acapellas, but still has all the 0 played ones. Any ideas?

----EDIT----

I fixed it. I tried to add on or filename contains "capela" for the misspelled ones, and that made it put all the 0 ones.

Posted Tue 25 Oct 11 @ 8:53 am
Is this thread still going???? Can the dev team actually make this happen? We already use color codes for our songs. It would be awesome to mark a song played.

Posted Tue 11 Oct 16 @ 6:00 am
Please give us the option to change the songs played marked as red, from session to daily would be great.

Posted Tue 11 Oct 16 @ 6:23 am
+1

Posted Tue 11 Oct 16 @ 3:08 pm
+1

Posted Sat 06 May 17 @ 4:10 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
You can already mark a song as played in the current version.

Posted Mon 08 May 17 @ 12:14 pm
Can it be done now? I don `t believe. When a song is played, only the symbol of the beginning is marked in red, but not the song. There should be a clearer system to see the songs that have already been put.

Posted Fri 02 Mar 18 @ 10:47 pm
user17412563 wrote :
Can it be done now? I don `t believe. When a song is played, only the symbol of the beginning is marked in red, but not the song. There should be a clearer system to see the songs that have already been put.

Depends on the skin

Posted Sat 03 Mar 18 @ 12:08 am
Is there a skin that marks the track played in that way (changes the colour of the browser text to e.g. red)? I don't think there is.

I think the action is scriptable ("if track has played for X seconds, change its browser colour to red") but then it would need to be changed back again at some point - when you next open VDJ or the next day etc.

Posted Sat 03 Mar 18 @ 7:47 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)