Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: External Mixer set up broadcasting not working.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Ok so i think i'm mixing but when i record it it records as if the mixer is off. The tracks just play at full volume.

My setup:
Pioneer CDJ 400's (USB to Mac)
Kam KCM 450 MKII mixer
Pro version trial (limited edition)

i've tried to follow other peoples instructions and it's got me nowhere.

I have my record out on my mixer RCA's to my line-in on my macbook. And have set it up as so:

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/304/screenshot20110925at225.png

Then i get this message

http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/8001/screenshot20110925at230.png

Can anyone point me int he right direction. Much appreciated :)

Posted Sun 25 Sep 11 @ 5:02 pm
I've just thought is this because my mixer is not a midi mixer ?

Posted Sun 25 Sep 11 @ 5:33 pm

Posted Mon 26 Sep 11 @ 4:53 am
So if i got a Numark DJ IO Sound card, this would not rectify the situation?

Posted Mon 26 Sep 11 @ 7:03 am
No, the DJIO has no inputs for recording.

You would need a sound card with both inputs and outputs, e.g: Hercules DJ Trim.

The simplest and cheapest option is to simply connect the REC OUT/BOOTH OUT of your mixer to the line input of your Mac's built-in sound card and then use 3rd party software to record your mix.

Posted Mon 26 Sep 11 @ 7:23 am
Ah ok. Could i still then use virtual dj but a 3rd party programme like audacity would record the audio, even though i'm using virtual dj to load my tracks?

Posted Mon 26 Sep 11 @ 7:36 am
Yes, providing that the sound card that you are using to record is not being used for VirtualDJ, then this should not be a problem.

This appears to be the case because you appear to be using sound cards in Pioneer CDJ's for the deck outputs in your above screen shots. You would use your Mac's built-in sound card for the recording.

Posted Mon 26 Sep 11 @ 7:47 am
Cheers for the help, i'll have a mess around in a bit and see if i can get that working!

Posted Mon 26 Sep 11 @ 7:48 am
The recording in audacity is mono? Any advice ?
Audacity is set up as stereo, and my line-in cable is stereo :s

Posted Mon 26 Sep 11 @ 8:47 am
Maybe the line input socket of the Mac is configured for mono? Or it thinks that you have connected a microphone, which is normally mono.

Check in MacOS's Audio/MIDI configuration utility.

Posted Mon 26 Sep 11 @ 9:43 am

Posted Mon 26 Sep 11 @ 9:54 am
That looks OK, so it's probably a hardware problem.

If only one channel is recorded, maybe the audio cable is damaged?

Make sure that it is a stereo cable (2x RCA to 1x 3.5" stereo headphone jack)

Make sure that mixer isn't set to output a mono signal (Some have a button or switch to select this.)

Make sure that the cable is connected to the correct outputs on the back of the mixer.

Posted Mon 26 Sep 11 @ 10:07 am
Yep it was the cable, the white RCA was broken, that's why it looked mono.

Cheers for all your help!

Posted Mon 26 Sep 11 @ 10:10 am
MyANORPRO (legacy)Member since 2014
How do i used my microphone to broadcast with virtual dj without an external mixer ? Please tell me how to hook it up... I loveee virtual dj software and I want to learn all i need to about it because I feel I mk missing out on a lot by not knowing more about my software...

Posted Wed 09 Apr 14 @ 2:58 pm
Because the Broadcaster does not support to use 2 soundcards you will need to connect your MIC just with the computer buildin min 4.1 soundcard.

Only then you will be able to stream also your voice.

Quote :
Do not bump an old topic that is more than 1 year old. Old topics may no-longer be relevant to the current version of the software. Please open your own new topic in the appropriate forum.

http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Forum%20Rules.html

closed

Posted Thu 10 Apr 14 @ 2:18 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)