Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: American Audio VMS4.1 - Page: 3

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

DJRudeDoGG wrote :
Yes, price point even with all of the new improvements and bells & whistles!? $499.99 a hell of a deal compared to competing controllers of bigger names that are not better than this one...

DJ RuDe

better...hmmm i think is a matter of opinion, not really a fan of it

Posted Thu 19 Jan 12 @ 9:25 pm
Of course it's an opinion and I based my opinion on my experience with my VMS4.1. I am a user of several models of Pioneer MIDI-CDJs and a DJM-800 mixer for the last 3 years. I know quality when I see it, feel it and use it. Is it BETTER than my Pioneer kit? No. But that's why it's $3500+ compared to the low price of $500 for the VMS4.1. Is it worth it? YES! Every penny and more. This is my opinion, yes. My opinion also is that my opinions are educated ones based on many years of experience dealing in audio & video equipment. 30 years experience...

Should you run out and buy one just because I say so? NO! Should you listen to me because of my claims of experience, that is up to you. I don't benefit from giving my opinions no matter what one decides so I have no motive other than to relay empirical knowledge that may help someone...

DJ RuDe

Keep Spinnin'!!

Posted Fri 20 Jan 12 @ 3:48 am
drjoeyvPRO InfinityMember since 2012
I need help in setting up my VMS4.1 with my mac. Any good reference I can read to help me, please. thanks

Posted Tue 10 Jul 12 @ 12:28 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

Posted Tue 10 Jul 12 @ 1:46 pm
i cant get my new vms4.1 to work.... deck 1 and2 work but on VDJ but deck 3 and 4 not and also the mixer either!!! someone can helpme/

Posted Tue 25 Dec 12 @ 4:03 am

Posted Tue 25 Dec 12 @ 4:18 am
Has anyone else had issues with the VMS4.1 losing audio during a gig. I just got one worked fine first night, 2nd and 3rd gig controller reset itself mid gig a couple of times and lost all audio. Had to restart VDJ to get it to run again.

Nothing has changed in the setup and is also plugged into a UPS pack so not a power issue?

Posted Tue 25 Dec 12 @ 9:13 am
djjameslake wrote :
Has anyone else had issues with the VMS4.1 losing audio during a gig. I just got one worked fine first night, 2nd and 3rd gig controller reset itself mid gig a couple of times and lost all audio. Had to restart VDJ to get it to run again.

Nothing has changed in the setup and is also plugged into a UPS pack so not a power issue?

I used a VMS4.1 for the last six months of this year. Haven't had so much as a hiccup! When I first received it, there was a buzz in the main mic during testing; After talking to American Audio, they said to get it replaced, so I called Zzounds, they shipped a replacement immediately. Everything has been perfect since. I am totally satisfied with this unit, and recommend it to anyone. I am a wedding DJ, working every weekend.

Posted Sat 29 Dec 12 @ 6:22 am
jgriff63 wrote :
djjameslake wrote :

I used a VMS4.1 for the last six months of this year. Haven't had so much as a hiccup! When I first received it, there was a buzz in the main mic during testing; After talking to American Audio, they said to get it replaced, so I called Zzounds, they shipped a replacement immediately. Everything has been perfect since. I am totally satisfied with this unit, and recommend it to anyone. I am a wedding DJ, working every weekend.

Are you using the standard mapper or the custom one, beginning to think it might be a mapper issue or the soundcard drivers

Posted Sat 29 Dec 12 @ 6:32 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)