Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: American Audio VMS4.1 - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
OK, to be more accurate ... let's take a look at the PDFs for the units ... that should be a good place, right?

http://www.vms4dj.com/Files/vms4.pdf - page 19-20
Same info is in the VMS2 manual on pages 17-18.

"The EQ for the USB audio can work in two different modes, Pre & Post EQ. These EQ modes can work in both 4 out and 8 out interface modes that are described on pages 19-20. In Pre EQ the USB audio signal is affected by the VMS4 EQ. Pre EQ is the default EQ. In Pre EQ
mode the ASIO Driver will list the VMS4 device number, the first number in the sequence will be a "0". Please see the window below.

***Beware that mapping the MIDI on the EQ knobs in this mode will cause your audio to process the EQ from the software and VMS4 EQ.

Post EQ is for users who prefer using the EQ from their software. To toggle the post EQ mode on and off; before powering up the VMS4, press and hold the PFL CUE (4) on the 4th channel MIDILOG and then power "ON" the unit. Release the button, your computer may reinstall the VMS4 as a new device, please allow 10-20 seconds for the change to take place. Confirm the EQ change by checking the ASIO Driver configuration. The first number in the sequence will be a "1" in this mode. Please see the window below. Make sure you are using software where you can map the MIDI from the EQ and that the EQ has been mapped when using this mode."

Hope that is clearer for everyone ...

Posted Mon 17 Oct 11 @ 4:38 pm
Got the Rmx 2 right now, would people agree that the VMS2 would be a good next move?

Posted Mon 17 Oct 11 @ 5:06 pm
Like I've said before, that's why you make the big bucks Chris!

Thanks for the time and info, should have mine by Friday.
Huey

Posted Tue 18 Oct 11 @ 8:41 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Note also that in case you want to use the Post EQ mode in the VMS4 (which is not recommended by the manufacture) you need to change the mapper for the EQ part and remove the fake part of the code.
For example the Eq-high for deck 1 should be now
deck 1 eq_high instead of fake_eq_high

Posted Tue 18 Oct 11 @ 9:59 am
Hello
Do you know if resellers have the VMS4.1 in stock?

Thanks for your response

Posted Wed 19 Oct 11 @ 7:17 am
lanlegHome userMember since 2011
Hi,

Have you ever experienced some distorsion when playing mp3 on the VSM4 and somme issues on the balanced output levels ?
I have no distorsion when entering analog signals to the VSM4, but I do as soon as digital is converted inside the machine.

Cordialement
Lan

Posted Thu 20 Oct 11 @ 2:51 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
dcunillera wrote :
Hello
Do you know if resellers have the VMS4.1 in stock?

Thanks for your response

not yet, but soon. You can pre-order one i guess.

Posted Thu 20 Oct 11 @ 11:46 am
Wow, why did I wait so long to snag one of these up!! This thing is pretty dope! Gotta tweak the mapping to match my skin, other then that I'm digging this unit. Next up, a flight case.

Huey

Posted Sat 22 Oct 11 @ 12:22 am
DJ Etronik and Chuck from american dj just stopped by: The DJ Shop in Santa Maria, CA with 1 of the first VMS 4.1 models avalible for sale in the USA last week, I have used it it is a lot better! The Gain is forsure louder and the LEDS are very bright on the new vms, also it has a sick pin stripe paint job :P

Posted Mon 24 Oct 11 @ 5:16 pm

Posted Sat 03 Dec 11 @ 6:39 pm
You have the VMS4 ... the topic is about the VMS4.1, which American Audio has clearly stated (and demonstrated) that they have improved the audio quality of the unit.

Posted Sun 04 Dec 11 @ 11:13 am
why don't they replace the ones who bought the vms4 with the vms4.1 I bet we could all gang up and bring AA to court...just a thought....when I buy a product I expect it to work.....just saying

Posted Sun 04 Dec 11 @ 7:16 pm
Well that is a discussion for another place and not here in these forums.

Posted Sun 04 Dec 11 @ 7:51 pm
I bought the vms4.1. I've noticed there is poping sound coming out of the headphones even when volume is set to zero. Also, I'm unable to get to the advanced settings, when I click on CONFIG at VirtualDJ LE, it only gives me the option to upgrade to pro.

Does anyone know how can I resolve these two problems?

Thanks!

Posted Thu 29 Dec 11 @ 11:26 pm
novadjsPRO InfinityMember since 2011
What flaws does the VMS4 got with Virtual DJ? i'm looking at getting 1. but getting mixed reviews about it.

Posted Fri 30 Dec 11 @ 1:29 am
Are you asking about the original VMS4?, this thread is about the 4.1

Keith

Posted Fri 30 Dec 11 @ 1:54 am
I have the same problem with mine the headphones have a poping sound and when i hook it up to my speakers they also have alot of distortion and poping sound. also the reason why you can't get to advanced settings is that virtual dj LE doesn't allow you to access them. You can only do that when you upgrade it to pro. Oh and i also got the vms4.1 is there anybody else that has the same problems that we do? do we have to upgrade to virtual dj pro so that we don't have a poping sound coming from our headphones and or speakers???

Posted Sat 14 Jan 12 @ 12:55 am
So, from what I've gathered. The VMS4.1 is the "perfect" version, so to speak, of the VMS4?

It seems that the Mic out puts were a big issue, and a sound card? And of course the small cosmetic differences.
I don't use mics, and the sound card was never an issue for me when playing live. So, how can this warrant paying $300 more for the VMS4.1?

Also, someone recommended me the Denon-DN-MC6000 over the VMS4.1. I'm having a hard time contemplating paying $300-400 more for almost the same equipment.
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Denon-DN-MC6000-Professional-Digital-Mixer---Controller-106502891-i1629688.gc#

Posted Sat 14 Jan 12 @ 12:51 pm
If you are getting popping sounds then you most likely have performance issues with your computer.

Please see:

http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Performance%20Issues.html

NOTE: If American Audio include an ASIO control panel for their controller, then you should be able to adjust the latency setting using that (Make sure VirtualDJ is closed.)

Posted Sat 14 Jan 12 @ 1:55 pm
how can set up the vms4.1 to play the four decks on virtual dj LE software? also wants to use the controler as amixer on the Numark 800 CD player, i try to conectted but the sound came out to wear or to low, please need your help
thanks .
pitufomix

Posted Thu 19 Jan 12 @ 9:15 pm
82%