Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: ™ VenueMagic - - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
VenueMagic™ Show Control Software lets you create spectacular light shows with precisely synchronized video, audio and DMX lighting using a powerful, easy to understand graphical timeline-based editor.

Exclusive announcement from DJ Expo 2011 - Atlantic City, NJ

http://www.venuemagic.com/index.php/the-news/press-releases

The new VenueMagic VirtualDJ Lighting Plugin. This plugin allows you to control VenueMagic's Beat Tapper and run VenueMagic Timelines from within VirtualDJ. This plugin will be available for use with the new release of VenueMagic DMX+AV and VenueMagic SC+. The version required is currently in BETA and has an expected release date of August 31st, 2011.

http://www.venuemagic.com

Posted Tue 09 Aug 11 @ 12:50 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Wow, looks like a nice piece of kit, going to make quite a few guys happy with this plugin.

Posted Tue 09 Aug 11 @ 3:54 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Absolutely fantastic ! Especially the server (network feature) part.

Posted Tue 09 Aug 11 @ 4:41 am
that looks great, so.... howmuchisit? I had a look on their site, but couldn't see it, It works with enttec interfaces so I'm sold if the price is right

Posted Tue 09 Aug 11 @ 4:48 am
infoHome userMember since 2021
The official distributor in the UK for Venue Magic is Advanced Event Designs - costs and information on Venue magic can be found on their website. From the official launch for a short time there will be a special discount for anyone that mentions Virtual DJ.

They will also be at BPM at the NEC in Birmingham this October (1st 2nd & 3rd) displaying the Venue Magic Range including the new VDJ plugin.

Visit their website for more info.

Posted Wed 10 Aug 11 @ 11:05 am
djdad wrote :
Absolutely fantastic

+ I liked so much this.

Posted Sun 14 Aug 11 @ 8:03 pm
I use Venue Magic and it is tremendous, good fun too. The beta version has been released, that I have got, stating the plugin is available. I' have looked but I have not found.

Is it a case of the plug in not being available until the full update becomes available?

Posted Fri 19 Aug 11 @ 3:54 am
I can answer my own question folks.

It's on the same page on facebook as the main download.

I've tried it out and it's very good. I've set up shows for my wedding first dances, such as Amazed by Lonestar but it looks great when synched to an upbeat track. Great stuff!

Posted Sat 20 Aug 11 @ 2:40 am
Can't seem to find a way to install this on my mac.. is it only for PC??

Posted Sun 21 Aug 11 @ 6:07 pm
Damn... £299!!!

Think I'll start with FreeStyler and Scott's plugin. If it goes well and I get the hang of DMX and use it regularly I might invest. But for a DMX noob, this is outta my price range...

Cheers,

Roy

Posted Mon 22 Aug 11 @ 3:46 am
GadgetMan wrote :
Damn... £299!!!

Think I'll start with FreeStyler and Scott's plugin. If it goes well and I get the hang of DMX and use it regularly I might invest. But for a DMX noob, this is outta my price range...

Cheers,

Roy

So was I, dmx was 'the other side'! Took me some time to master it but it's worth the time, it's great. You can always call me and I could talk you through a few basics.

Posted Wed 24 Aug 11 @ 12:26 pm
GadgetMan wrote :
Damn... £299!!!

Cheers,

Roy

That's always the argument over software isn't it... Price... At the end of the day it's a professional package and not a great argument really - kind of like why spend money and buy VDJ when you could use winamp or one of the other millions of free DJ softwares....

Don't get me wrong there's nothing wrong with Freestyler it's a good basic functioning DMX program but it's no where near in the same league as Venue Magic - pretty much like VDJ does so much more than other free Dj software.

Posted Tue 20 Sep 11 @ 10:37 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posted Thu 29 Sep 11 @ 8:48 pm
The plug in will now work with the following versions of Venue Magic:

Venue Magic Classic (plug in will work with all versions of Venue Magic Classic via a software update available from 10th October 2011)

Venue Magic DMX+AV (released and available via the VDJ Plugin download page)

Venue Magic SC+ (released and available via the VDJ Plugin download page)

More info and latest prices (for the UK) can be found at http://www.venuemagic.co.uk

Posted Sat 08 Oct 11 @ 11:38 am
Looks great,

One thing you guys might want to be adding is the ability to link songs with specific timelines. So you have a fixed light show for your most popular songs.

Posted Tue 25 Oct 11 @ 8:56 am
jboerlage wrote :
Looks great,

One thing you guys might want to be adding is the ability to link songs with specific timelines. So you have a fixed light show for your most popular songs.

+10

I use Visual DMX but this is the sort of thing I'm looking for, could change me depending on the results of their new vesrion.

Posted Sun 13 Nov 11 @ 4:44 pm
how can i put this on my VDJ??

Posted Wed 04 Jan 12 @ 11:38 pm
Hi
does anyone now if the plugin for VDJ works on VDJ pro basic. I have the trial ver of Classic VM. not showing on tab effects others , have reinstalled VDJ and re installed plugin says installed but no show

Posted Tue 23 Apr 13 @ 10:40 am
This is awesome

Posted Thu 25 Jul 13 @ 9:14 pm
Went to You Tube....looked at bunch of videos....
Scoured VDJ and VenueMagic forums sites...
I'm 58 yrs old working with computers since they came out...literally....
and cant figure out how to get VM and VDJ to actually work.
I have the beat meter working and can see the change when I change BPM's on songs.
VM server is seen....but no other transfer of info I can see.
I have spent lots of hours trying to get this working myself but no good...need help.

VDJ 7.4....VM sc+...
Laptop, HP, dual core, 4 gig, 500 gig....
HELP !!!!!
TKS

Posted Fri 06 Dec 13 @ 8:01 pm
71%