Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: New Advanced Mapper for Hercules DJ Console 4-Mx

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

kalo01PRO InfinityMember since 2011
Hi folks,

There are a lot of questions related to VDJ Script and mapping files. I also had some similar ideas and posted my questions. Meanwhile I could solve some frequent questions, thanks to the guys, who supported me in scripting!.

In result I collected and uploaded all ideas in a mapping file. Some of the new functions could be useful for some of you, at least for the Hercules (4MX) user.

I don’t want to advertise for my new controller plug-in, but it could solve some parallel questions in the forum.
Here’s the link to the plug-in: http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/13336/Hercules_DJ_Console_4-Mx.html

NEW features for the Hercules DJ Console 4-Mx:
- Support [Jog wheel] also for speed seeking (jumps to any position in the song)
- [Load] button supports Load, Eject (unload) and Clone functionality for beat juggling
- [Folder] and [Files] button support scrolling through Virtual DJ sections (Browser / Sampler / Effects / Record)
- Using maximized browser windows for prelisting functionality
- Transpose tone pitch in halftone steps, show pitch status with LED
- 2 Auto loop buttons (loops always in sync to beat), 2 additional loop buttons to double and half the loop length
- Using [FX-Ctrl] knob in loop mode to shift the loop position for continuous loops (loops always in sync to beat)
- Button [01-06] support 4 Hot Cues (set/play/delete) and 2 Auto loops
- Button [07-12] support 6 Effects: dsp_Phaser, Flanger, Overloop, Beat based Delay *, Beatgrid, FlippinDouble
- Multiple effects can be active at the same time with common controls, LED ON for active effect, LED blink for active effect with controls
- [FX-Ctrl] knob supports Virtual DJ [filter] control
- [FX-Ctrl] knob supports [Effect Parameter 1] in active effects
- Using [Jog wheel] as [Effect Parameter 2], LED [Jog wheel] with blinking light
- Support separate [Filters_v2_TexZK] * effect in effect slot 2 (similar to VDJ filter, but much more expressive) with own [Effect Parameter 1] knob
- LED [Play] starts blinking if remaining song length less then 30 sec, fast blinking if less then 15 sec
- To use all supported functionalities, you also have to download and install the plug-ins [Filters_v2_TexZK] and [Delay] - thanks to TexZK & djcel !

Feel free to copy and paste some useful ideas to your xml file, learning by try and error (same I did and still do ;)
… enjoy !

Posted Mon 04 Jul 11 @ 7:35 am
kendo79PRO InfinityMember since 2010
How will it chang my mapping I all ready have

Posted Mon 04 Jul 11 @ 1:13 pm
Hi kendo79,
not sure I got your question. If you have the VDJ 7 Fullversion you can change any certain actions of your console knobs/sliders or keys on your keyboard. Use Config > select tab Mappers.

Posted Tue 05 Jul 11 @ 11:55 am
kendo79PRO InfinityMember since 2010
What should I set the Hercules 4mx audio to wdm or the other one for the best sound

Posted Wed 06 Jul 11 @ 2:14 pm
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004
WDM or ASIO don't change the audio quality, it's related to the DAC used inside the sound card, ASIO give only the possibility to have a slow latency.

I generally use the 4-Mx in WDM 4.1 because the Hercules ASIO driver have many times drop-out, WDM or ASIO4ALL seems to work better on my PC.

Coming back in topic, this mapper is really good!

Posted Fri 08 Jul 11 @ 7:34 am
oh, thanks for the compliment for the mapper!.
Yes, I was wondering by myself, why the vendor missed such a lot of great functions in the factory default setting

kalo01

Posted Fri 08 Jul 11 @ 10:04 am
I don't have a pro licence, but would appreciate if you could list some scripts for your mapper. You have some great ideas.

Posted Sun 21 Aug 11 @ 12:07 pm
Sorry, mappers are only available to registered licensed users of the full VirtualDJ Professional.

VirtualDJ LE does not support custom mapping.

To use custom mappings and much, much more, you will need to upgrade to the full VirtualDJ Professional. Your 4-Mx entitles you to a considerable discount off the cost of upgrading. To receive this, please go to: http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html

Posted Mon 22 Aug 11 @ 5:52 am
spurinPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I have a VDJ 7 Pro and DJ Console 4-Mx.
Can i control the shift and the Deck C/D Leds?
How can i control (e.g. FX button or jog) the position play in the music playing in prelisten.
Sorry by my poor english.

Tks

Posted Wed 18 Jan 12 @ 5:48 pm
How can I change the sensitivity of the jog wheel ???
I mapped my hercules 4mx with the advanced mapping but the sensitivity is too much...
help, anyone?

Posted Wed 06 Jun 12 @ 10:29 pm
You can adjust the jogwheel movement sensitivity using the sliders in CONFIG -> Options.

Posted Thu 07 Jun 12 @ 7:44 am
Does anyone know how to change what knob the effect button uses? On Virtual DJ where it says effects, there's two knobs. P.1 and P.2, but the ctrl knob on the controller only responds to switching P.1. Is there a way to switch it to P.2?

Thanks

Posted Mon 22 Oct 12 @ 5:16 pm
Change the mapping of the FX knob to djc_button_slider 2

See: http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/How%20do%20I%20change%20the%20mapping%20for%20a%20button.html

However, you will then only be able to control parameter 2.

If you wish to control both, then you would need to assign a button that you don't need to be a shift button for the parameter knob: set 'paramshift' 1 while_pressed

Then map the FX knob to: var 'paramshift' ? djc_button_slider 2 : djc_button_slider 1

NOTE: The 4-Mx has a dedicated SHIFT button, but this is a hardware toggle that changes the effect buttons to alternative functions, so wouldn't work well with the above (Unless you changed the 2nd layer's actions to djc_button 1-6 which would make both layers perform the same actions.)

Posted Tue 23 Oct 12 @ 3:56 am
I have been using my 4mx hercules for a year now funny thing is after 6 hours the controls do not work anymore like the usb is dead what causes this and is thier a fix for this ? also how do you install the new 4.0 mapping software. and if I leave it is beat gris still button 11?

Thank You DJ Pavell

Posted Sun 12 Oct 14 @ 5:38 am
I added the mappers prepared by Kalo01 and it works great.

I have only one request, it would be possible to implement a function to pitch_reset?

Now a when press both buttons together (Pitch Scale - and Pitch Scale +) to reset TONE pitch and when, the loop mode it's activated, when press both buttons together (Pitch Scale - and Pitch Scale +) set loop length to 16 beats (4 bars) like the manual explain properly.

It's possible to enable another function, when I press and hold the Shift button with both Pitch Scale - and Pitch Scale + buttons, work like pitch reset to return to the original value of correct bpm track?

Thanks in advance for all information support.

Posted Tue 04 Nov 14 @ 3:13 pm
I want to change the seek setting to -1 +1 (seek -1) to enable 1 beat skip at a time which is useful for lining up the snare but when i change it in the mapping it doesn't seem to apply the new setting - the TRACK - + buttons seem to be fixed>>>>HELP PLS can they be unlocked on the 4mx? it works on my other controller the RMX2 ok...

Posted Fri 21 Nov 14 @ 9:38 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)