Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: TouchOSC now working with Virtual DJ Mac! WITHOUT OSCulator [How to Setup]

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

DJGCEPRO InfinityMember since 2009
For those of you seeking an alternative to iRemote, TouchOSC is now working for Mac. Sadly, not the X/Y pad :(

First off, Download TouchOSC from the App Store, and make sure your Mac and iDevice are in the same wifi network.

When the app finishes downloading, open it up. for layout, select Mix 2, for now.

under the connections tab, for OSC, go in and edit the host as 127.0.0.1 (loopback address)

now, for CoreMIDI.

Once again, look under connections, and make sure CoreMidi is enabled

for CoreMIDI to connect to the iDevice, we must go into Applications>Utilities>Audio MIDI Setup on our Mac.

If the MIDI window is not already showing, go up to the menu bar and hit Window>Show MIDI window

press network, and create a new session by pressing the + under the My sessions box.

you should see your iDevice in the directory. Click "Connect"

Your iDevice should be listed in the Participants window, to the right. whenever a button is pressed, latency should show red bars whenever pressed. If you look back on your iDevice, it is now connected to the session.

now open up our favorite DJ software, Virtual DJ, and go to config. under mappers, you should now have TWO mappers available, Keyboard and the Simple MIDI Wrapper.

Final step... Happy mapping :)

hope this helps.
Castro

Posted Fri 24 Jun 11 @ 3:19 pm
does this work with all versions of virtual dj?

Posted Sun 26 Jun 11 @ 5:26 pm
DJGCEPRO InfinityMember since 2009
should work.

Posted Sun 26 Jun 11 @ 11:45 pm
is there anything like this for the windows version? I have the apps and everything but I cant get it to work in Virtual DJ. More than anything I just want to use my Ipad for effects and sampler and my controller for jogging, looping, mixing, etc.

Posted Wed 14 Dec 11 @ 6:45 pm
djranesPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I had it on PC and iPad2 working perfectly.
Soon I'll post a video on it.

Posted Thu 05 Jan 12 @ 12:53 am
I did everything you wrote. And the TouchOSC thing in the 'Mapping' menu of VirtualDJ doesn't show up.. What could be the problem? Pleease answer!

Posted Sat 30 Mar 13 @ 1:27 pm
I had the same problem. The "Simple MIDI wrapper" didn't appear on the mappers list. Please Help!

Posted Fri 24 Jan 14 @ 4:48 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Simple Midi wrapper is not available in Home Free version. You will need the Pro Full version to achieve the above.

Posted Tue 28 Jan 14 @ 6:28 pm
Thanks djdad

Posted Thu 13 Feb 14 @ 9:38 pm
I have done everything, when I push buttons red lines show up on the Midi screen. However, when I mapin Virtual DJ, it doesn't detect the red lines

Posted Sat 26 Jul 14 @ 5:37 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)