Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: OS X Lion & VirtualDJ - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

dydy1PRO InfinityMember since 2006
On the video side there are still room for improvements. The video capabilities works better for me on the Snow Leopard side and my old Macbook. I am glad my main drive Is still Intact.

Off I go away down south for the weekend. See you guys back next week.

Posted Thu 21 Jul 11 @ 10:00 pm
Just an update, since I test for AA.....

Ran VDJ 7.0.4 with video for about 4 hours so far, no performance changes positive or negative over snow leopard. Not one hiccup. I also had open a few other things Windows 2008 Server running on parallels, MyDMX running on the Win 2K8 VM. Firefox, iPhoto, and i Movie. VDJ ran like a champ.

The VMS4 also ran great, with no issues caused due to Lion (Lion doesn't fix anything, neither does it break anything).

Mac specs.
15" 2011 MBP
i7 Quad 2.0
8GB Ram
1TB HDD

I will continue my testing and report back.

Posted Fri 22 Jul 11 @ 8:43 am
Has anyone tried running Windows 7 on a boot camped mac with Lion yet, wanted to get some idea if the upgrade was straight forward and doesn't mess with the bootcamp partition I already have on my macbook for VDJ with Snow Leopard

Posted Fri 22 Jul 11 @ 5:01 pm
oroycePRO InfinityMember since 2008
Numark's DJ|IO does not currently work with Lion. I will be contacting Numark about an updated driver (latest is from 2010) but right now the OS doesn't recognize it. Also, having a serious audio distortion problem via a Creative USB sound card, Model: SB0270. The card works fine through iTunes but it's distorted when sing it with Numark CUE 7.0.2. I've checked the Audio Midi settings and matched the settings there but still no joy. This card worked fine before the upgrade.

Posted Sat 23 Jul 11 @ 11:01 am
djstevieray wrote :
Just an update, since I test for AA.....

Ran VDJ 7.0.4 with video for about 4 hours so far, no performance changes positive or negative over snow leopard. Not one hiccup. I also had open a few other things Windows 2008 Server running on parallels, MyDMX running on the Win 2K8 VM. Firefox, iPhoto, and i Movie. VDJ ran like a champ.

The VMS4 also ran great, with no issues caused due to Lion (Lion doesn't fix anything, neither does it break anything).

Mac specs.
15" 2011 MBP
i7 Quad 2.0
8GB Ram
1TB HDD

I will continue my testing and report back.

I tested my new MBP with the denon 4500. no problems whatsoever with OSX Lion

Posted Sat 23 Jul 11 @ 12:12 pm
So far so good with my setup (13" MacBook Pro, 128gig PNY Optima SSD, 4Gigs RAM, Latest Version of Virtual DJ Pro Full, Apogee Duet 2, and VCI-100se) Though Clip Bank causes the "Power down Reboot Square of Doom." I don't think thats Lion so much as VDJ 7 though. Gonna double the RAM and see if that works.

Posted Sat 23 Jul 11 @ 11:24 pm
I gigged all weekend with VDJ 7.04 and the Denon DN-MC6000 on a Bootcamped W7 partition with no problems.

The Bootcamped partition seems to be unaffected, although, you have to get used to the scrolling swapping to the opposite way and no gestures on the Bootcamped W7 partition.

Posted Sun 24 Jul 11 @ 2:58 am
DJGCEPRO InfinityMember since 2009
DJSoulman wrote :
I gigged all weekend with VDJ 7.04 and the Denon DN-MC6000 on a Bootcamped W7 partition with no problems.

The Bootcamped partition seems to be unaffected, although, you have to get used to the scrolling swapping to the opposite way and no gestures on the Bootcamped W7 partition.

You know you can reverse the scrolling back to how it was in 10.6 right?

Posted Sun 24 Jul 11 @ 3:35 am
DJ KozPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Did an engagement party last night with the VMS4. No difference whatsoever. I didn't have to touch my backup. I have full confidence in using the OS at my gigs.

Also I know someone used the Denon DNHC4500 with Serato (for those users on this forum) and had no issues whatsoever as well.

Posted Sun 24 Jul 11 @ 8:59 am
DJGCE wrote :

You know you can reverse the scrolling back to how it was in 10.6 right?

Yeh, I do know that, but gonna leave it as I hardly use the mouse in VDJ. I use the MC6000 navigation system mainly.

Posted Sun 24 Jul 11 @ 8:32 pm
Since I installed Lion my version of Virtual DJ Pro crashes before it opens. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling and making sure everything's up to date. Any ideas / anyone else experienced this?

Posted Sun 24 Jul 11 @ 10:02 pm
Numark Mixdeck does not show up in Lion. No new driver info on Numark's website. Luckily I had my little back,the numark DJ2GO for the gig. It's my fault for being so impulsive.

Posted Mon 25 Jul 11 @ 8:16 am
Numark DJ/IO my not work in Lion, What will work with VDJ interface with the mixer. Currently on Berenger 3000.
More over what is the fix for Numark DJ/IO?

Posted Mon 25 Jul 11 @ 1:59 pm
salsafix wrote :
Numark Mixdeck does not show up in Lion. No new driver info on Numark's website. Luckily I had my little back,the numark DJ2GO for the gig. It's my fault for being so impulsive.

Maybe not for you, My mixdeck shows up and runs like it was still in 10.6

Posted Mon 25 Jul 11 @ 8:01 pm
my denon dn mc 6000 and vj 7.0.4 in os x Lion run very good.!! later 2 hrs litle audio problem in charge. only one time.! later continue good.!

Posted Mon 25 Jul 11 @ 8:59 pm
I am back from my weekend trip. In addition what I can report that I have missed to say last Thursday is now when I open VirtualDJ mac in OS X Lion I no longer need to press apply for my two Denon DN-S1200s. I suppose there are some improvements in the core audio in Lion.

Posted Tue 26 Jul 11 @ 10:03 am
DJGCE wrote :
salsafix wrote :

Maybe not for you, My mixdeck shows up and runs like it was still in 10.6

Now I'm curious. I will check it out now. Thanks.

Posted Tue 26 Jul 11 @ 2:45 pm
Midi scratching with Denon DN-S1200s sound a whole lot better with OS X Lion. The response has greatly improved with this new operating system.

Posted Tue 26 Jul 11 @ 4:51 pm
I agree, scratching sounds nice and all works nice in 10.7, now we just need an updated version to catch up to the PC counterpart of VDJ, but for now, i'll work with what i have

Posted Tue 26 Jul 11 @ 5:33 pm
Warning, there is a bug in the Core-Audio In OS X Lion that can cause you to have an audio error message when opening and using VirtualDJ Mac using several sound cards.

If that happens simply go to the MIDI app In utility and erase or delete the aggregate called VirtualDJ. Lastly, go to configuration and configure a new one. You are now set again to start VirtualDJ again.

Posted Sun 31 Jul 11 @ 2:25 am
38%