Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Cue ver. 7.02, Song Search does not allow you to load song into deck

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Will anyone help me....
I have posted a ticket already
Hello, I have ran fix and repair....the problem that I'm having is...when I search a file(song), the search program finds the file, but it doesn't let me load it in to a deck....unless I am in the folder the file is located.
Currently I go into file info to see where the song is located and manually go to that folder in order to load the file into a deck.... I never had this problem before when running Cue in Windows Xp Pro, now that I am using a MacPro 10.6 I'm finding myself going around to do the things they were easy to do under Windows.
I was wondering if the problem could be My usb driver still NTFS and not OS2 format, although I don't think it should be since it does locates the file it just doesn't let me load it, unless I am in the folder the file is located.
FYI: I just did a comparison test on my back up laptop running Windows Xp Pro...I plugged in my USB Drivers, Search for a file (song) search located the file in a total different drive, dragged the song into a deck and it loaded it... same test on MacPro it locates the file but doesn't let me load it into a deck, give me an error, I than go into the file info to see where the song is located, than go into that folder and load the song with no errors.
the database is the same on both laptops.
Any feedback will be appreciated.
Thomas.

Posted Sun 05 Jun 11 @ 6:24 pm
If the drive is NTFS formatted then MacOS won't be able to write to it to update the VirtualDJ database.

If you wish to share a drive between Mac and PC, you will need to format it FAT32. Or if you will only be using Mac from now on, format it native Mac. Backup your entire music collection on the drive first before reformatting (You should do this on a regular basis anyway.)

If you get 'Error' when trying to load a song, then it means that the song in your database is no-longer valid. This is usually caused by either moving, renaming or deleting the song outside of VirtualDJ, so the entry in its database no-longer points to a valid file.

To fix this problem, use VirtualDJ to browse to the drive(s)/folder(s) where your music is located, right-click on them and choose Add to search DB.

Once you have done this, go to CONFIG -> Browser, choose each drive in turn where you have music stored and click on CHECK.

If any problems are found, click on FIX.

You can remove the old redundant database entries by clicking on CLEAN.

Posted Mon 06 Jun 11 @ 4:44 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)