Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Error with I tune songs - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I upgraded to Mac Yosemite, and Itunes to 12.o.1. VDJ 7.4.1 sees my playlists, and my songs, but I get the "ERROR message", and cannot play the song. Also, "locate in finder" does not work. I do not keep my Itunes music in one Itunes folder either, they have always been in "user/myname/music". Everything was perfect before the upgrades. I need help.
Thanks,
Suzanne

Posted Mon 20 Oct 14 @ 4:16 pm
OK, I got VDJ8.. I am in heaven. Everything works fine again. Thank you all for your help

Posted Tue 21 Oct 14 @ 12:31 pm
i have the exact same problem as "thedjkrissy".....i can see the itunes playlists in virtual dj LE but when i go to load the songs it just says error. if i manual search the database and then add the song it works fine. also "sparrowcerise" how exactly did you fix your problem? you just bought a new virtual dj? does any one know how to fix this error problem?

Posted Wed 22 Oct 14 @ 6:06 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
The Mac version of iTunes v12 breaks compatibility with VDJ7. The only workaround at this time is to downgrade your iTunes or to upgrade to VDJ8.

Posted Wed 22 Oct 14 @ 6:11 pm
Please help me! I have the same problem! Updated to Yosemite and the new iTunes. All the songs I added to my itunes library after the upgrade show an 'error'. Even after updating to the VDJ 8.

P.S. Where does this update come from all of the sudden? I have spent a lot of money on Virtual DJ Pro FULL and now the newest and best version of VDJ is free? Please explain....

Posted Sun 26 Oct 14 @ 10:10 am
Extra info: all the songs from the playlists in iTunes before the update work just fine like before. I only get an error message with the songs I downloaded and added after the updates. If I add the songs by going to the music folder in VDJ they all work. It's just when I go to my iTunes playlists.... but since I love to work this way I really want this to work. Soon! Losing my mind over here :-)

Posted Sun 26 Oct 14 @ 11:23 am
The music on the iPod will be playable through iTunes.

However, storing music on your iPod and nowhere else is an extremely risky option because when (and not if) there comes a time to restore your iPod, which is a very common fix for iPod problems, then all the music would be erased. If you no longer have the music in iTunes (or any other back up), then all that music would be lost.

At the very least back up your music to either cd or dvd before deleting it, particularly any purchased music/videos, as this would have to be bought again if it were lost. See this about backing up media.

Posted Tue 13 Jan 15 @ 11:52 am
I truly believe the problem with iTunes playlist showing up as errors is a Virtual Dj issue with their software! that they are not owning up to it or yet to put out a fix!!!!

Posted Sat 31 Jan 15 @ 9:07 pm
djbjfitzControlleristMember since 2011
I am having the same issues. I have a macbook pro and I have VDJ LE for my recently purchased Pioneer DDJ WEGO and I loved it! Now, VDJ is not letting me play any of the music from my iTunes. If I search the database it will show me the song I am searching for twice. And one of them will work, but NONE of the iTunes files will work. What can I do so that the songs in iTunes will work?

Posted Fri 14 Aug 15 @ 11:45 pm
when i virtual dj LE, it came with my midi, when i drag tune form my iTunes onto the deck it says error, however when i got into my music files and drag it from there it works, how do i get my decks to load the tunes from the iTunes section

Posted Thu 05 Jan 17 @ 1:25 am
Please don't dig up old dead threads to ask a new question. Next time, make a new post!

Are the iTunes tracks ones that you've bought and paid for, or are you talking about Apple Music?

Posted Thu 05 Jan 17 @ 6:32 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)