Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: "Time remaining" code

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

KrowwPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I just opened my default skin xml in notepad, and have been reading up VDJpedia, but can't find how to change the size and colour of "time remaining" of the track.

Could anyone help?

Just want to make it larger and lighter in colour, so I can clearly see how much time I have left on a track.
If someone could tell me the part of code that needs to be changed I can tinker with it.

Thanks in advance.

Posted Mon 09 May 11 @ 11:42 pm
You should search the XML file to find the following code:
<textzone deck="1">
<pos x="120+136" y="148"/>
<size width="100" height="11"/>
<text font="ARIAL" size="14" color="#FFFFFF" weight="bold" align="left" format="REMAIN %Pleft"/>
<text2 font="ARIAL" size="14" color="#908f8d" weight="bold" align="left" format="REMAIN %Pleft"/>
<text3 font="ARIAL" size="14" color="#28acff" weight="bold" align="left" format="REMAIN %Pleft"/>
</textzone>

Then you can change size and color by modifying the elements in bold:
<text font="ARIAL" size="14" color="#FFFFFF" weight="bold" align="left" format="REMAIN %Pleft"/>

Posted Tue 10 May 11 @ 12:51 am
Damn legend Phantom.

Thanks very much...! Greatly appreciated.

Posted Tue 10 May 11 @ 1:03 am
OK just for anyone else who might be interested in this thread I'll wrap it up with my results.

After tinkering around I managed to get it, but I also had to increase the "height=" as well.

<size width="100" height="13"/>
<text font="ARIAL GREEK" size="16" color="#1efef1" weight="bold" align="left" format="REMAIN %Pleft"/>

Thanks again Phantom, appreciate it mate.
K

Posted Tue 10 May 11 @ 6:40 pm
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
You may be interested, I changed the font to an even lager one. Instead of saying "Remain" it now says "RM". I did the same for "Elapsed" now "EL". Plus fixed all the colors for decks 2,3 & 4 for that text.

http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/12828/VDJ_7_-_4_deck__for_controlers.html

I have ALLOT of other things on the skin too, like hot cue counters and a sampler panel.

Posted Wed 11 May 11 @ 5:08 pm
Hey thanks again, I tinkered some more and got everything looking sweet.
I downloaded and messed around with your skin, nice work. However I only use to two decks.
I should mess around some more with four I guess, but for now two is plenty.

Thanks again for the assist.

Posted Thu 12 May 11 @ 8:03 pm
<textzone deck="1"> well i also want to change the color & font size of time remain/ elapsed but im in the XML in VDJ 8 and = <textzone deck="1"> dont come up ? what else can i do to find the line of code in the xml cause looking through the file twice is just getting me mad sice i cant find it

Posted Mon 26 Jan 15 @ 1:57 am
Look for the actual code that tells VDJ to display the remaining digits - %Pleft

[LATER]
OK that's no good. Looks like there's a new method now, and the VDJ 8 default skin uses that. Look for this line:
<text size="36" color="#00ABEB" align="left" weight="bold" action="get_time"/>

Posted Mon 26 Jan 15 @ 4:23 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)