Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Need Good Karaoke Ripping & Coverting Software...any help

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Okay they brought me out of retirement...short lived as it was. Now I need a good karaoke ripping software, hopefully one that will rip the standard karaoke cds to .mp4 format. If not one that ripps directly how about just a good rip to mp3+g format and then a software that will convert mp3+g files to mp4 files. Are there any such animals?

Also I know you used to have to use special cd-rom drives by Plextor to rip karaoke discs, is that still the case or will any recent cd/dvd computer drive do it now?

Any help would be appreciated as club owner I now work for just bought VDJ and Demon MC6000 and wants to rip all 1500 of his karaoke discs into the computer for Virtual Dj.

Posted Wed 20 Apr 11 @ 10:10 pm
No karaoke people left on this board that can help? Somebody has to be ripping there library into VDJ playable format or all all the karaoke people here just buying illegal hard drives full of music already?

Posted Sun 24 Apr 11 @ 8:25 am

Posted Sun 24 Apr 11 @ 9:55 am
PionaraPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posted Sun 24 Apr 11 @ 10:40 am
I did a series of videos on my youtube channel about how to rip & convert. Check out my channel and look through the videos, there are a few...

http://www.youtube.com/rudedog66

DJ RuDe

Keep Spinnin'!!

Posted Sun 24 Apr 11 @ 4:12 pm
Thanks guys, I knew you would come through eventually. The owner wants them converted to MP4 so they will be smaller files size, I can tag them for him and he can also use them at home on his ipod video.

Posted Sun 24 Apr 11 @ 7:04 pm
Pionara wrote :
Power Karaoke's quite good...http://www.powerkaraoke.com/

P

got the CDG to IPod converter, only $39...works like a charm and no special cd/dvd player needed. Thanks

Posted Mon 25 Apr 11 @ 8:58 am
I convert my CDGs to zip files and that is as about as small as you can get, VDJ plays .zip files and the quality is just fine... My YT vidz explain it all...

DJ RuDe

Keep Spinnin'!!

Posted Wed 27 Apr 11 @ 1:04 am
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Download MP3+G Toolz 4, It works good, very flexible and it's free. One thing that is important though is you keep the compression no more then a "5" under options "Zip Compression" because some programs will have problems opening the files including VDJ so "5" is the magic number..

Also in options the auto naming format should be "DISC-TRACK - ARTIST - TITLE"..this is a widely used karaoke standard.

Right click on any folder choose the operation you need and all will be done automatically...

Get it here: http://www.activeaspsoftware.net/default.aspx?p=downloads

Good Luck

Posted Wed 27 Apr 11 @ 9:48 am
Okay they brought me out of retirement...short lived as it was. Now I need a good karaoke ripping software, hopefully one that will rip the standard karaoke cds to .mp4 format. If not one that ripps directly how about just a good rip to mp3+g format and then a software that will convert mp3+g files to mp4 files. Are there any such animals?

Also I know you used to have to use special cd-rom drives by Plextor to rip karaoke discs, is that still the case or will any recent cd/dvd computer drive do it now?

Any help would be appreciated as club owner I now work for just bought VDJ and Demon MC6000 and wants to rip all 1500 of his karaoke discs into the computer for Virtual Dj.

Power CD+G Burner is the product you are looking for. It is a software download, and if your computer is newer it should be all you need.
Now can you tell me how to put text on the karaoke screne of VDJ to advertize my buisness. Thanks, Kathy

Posted Sun 01 May 11 @ 10:29 pm
poetfederico wrote :
Now can you tell me how to put text on the karaoke screne of VDJ to advertize my buisness. Thanks, Kathy

Not sure what you want as far as text on the karaoke screen....bu t wouldn't that be a distraction for your singers?

Posted Thu 05 May 11 @ 1:19 am
There are a variety of text plugins that can be used to put text on screen:

http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/effects.html?category=video&order=default&platform=all&search=text

At this time, most are only available for PC, although there is a beta text plugin for Mac (Don't use this live at a gig without first testing.)

A full VirtualDJ Pro license is required to download these and other add-ons ( http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html ) If VirtualDJ belongs to the club owner, they will need to download and install these add-ons.

NOTE: You should not do this while someone is actually singing - As above, it will be distracting and could also get in the way of the on-screen karaoke lyrics.

Posted Thu 05 May 11 @ 5:16 am
bkofolPRO InfinityMember since 2015
Hi there! I want to convert my MPEG collection of KARAOKE songs in to CDG and than to Zip files. (i already own softver to convert CDG to zip Mp3+g). I can not find MPEG to CDG coverter! Any suggestions? Thanx!

Posted Sun 15 May 11 @ 5:49 am
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
karaoke.si wrote :
Hi there! I want to convert my MPEG collection of KARAOKE songs in to CDG and than to Zip files. (i already own softver to convert CDG to zip Mp3+g). I can not find MPEG to CDG coverter! Any suggestions? Thanx!

This would require a TON of work. First you would need to find software to create a custom .cdg file. Then you would have to manually type out the lyrics, then convert the text file to a cdg file. For the audio all you would need to do is convert the mpeg to mp3, there are a few ways I can imagine this being done.

I do not recommend doing this. Either stick with the mpeg files you have or get the karaoke files all over again.

Posted Sun 15 May 11 @ 9:43 am
wallterHome userMember since 2010
MP3+G screen resolution is 300x216. MPG2 is 720x576, MPG1 is 352x288. Why would anyone convert to lower resolution? And to make 2 files instead of one MPG??? People are converting their MP3+G's to AVI's to make it easier to work with...

Posted Sun 15 May 11 @ 12:03 pm
I have the entire Pioneer Laser Disc Karoke set, and a great deal more karaoke LDs. I need to convert these to MP4, as they contain high quality music videos that go with the songs (synchronized).

What is the best software to rip entire LDs, that will create chapters with song titles, artists and LD information?

I'd hate to have to do every single track one at a time... it would take me years to complete.

Posted Thu 23 Feb 12 @ 3:03 pm
You would need to use a video capture device to record them to video files on your computer (I.e: Play the disc in real time and record it on your computer.)

There are no computer compatible LaserDisc players as far as we are aware and it would be impossible to put a full-sized LaserDisc into a computer DVD drive!

Posted Thu 23 Feb 12 @ 8:24 pm
Is there an alternative to MP3+G Toolz 4 for use on a Mac?

Posted Tue 12 Nov 13 @ 11:23 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)